Mustang Evolution Forum banner

HELP

3K views 61 replies 11 participants last post by  wereKEV 
#1 ·
Ok so I was driving home from work get to a red light take off in first switch to second but it won't go in gear so I try third, fourth, and fifth. Nothing. I couldnt seem to get it in any gear. Finally I get it in to third and get home like that. I didn't smell my clutch burning or anything so I don't think it could be that. My clutch pedal did feel a bit different. Mayb my clutch cable came lose?? I would really appreciate any answers.

#7 ·
as said... clutch cable or cable adjustment. If you have to push your foot to the floor normally to shift its in need of adjustment.

#8 ·
Clutch cable def I had the same problem. After I put the cable in drove like a new car.

#14 ·
Snstr99svt said:
Yea mine is doing the same thing! I adjusted the quadrant (stock) and it helped a little. I guess it's tine to upgrade altogether!
I'm guessing that you're gonna replace the clutch, cable, quadrant, adjuster. I found a steeda kit on amazon. Cable/quadrant/firewall adjuster. $100. Good deal.

#20 ·
Alscobra said:
Can you start the car while in gear and clutch pressed down? What happens? Does it go in gear with the engine off? Need to answer some questions first.
Well I can start it in gear clutch down but can't take it out of first. And it does go in gear while the engine is off

#24 ·
its amazing how many people are driving around with a bad adjsuted or stretched out cable can make a huge difference if you adjust it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.