Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Tuner question

964 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  01gtstang 
#1 ·
Hey guys quick question... I have a new sct tuner with a custom tune on it. I have 4.10 gears and bbk cai. They arent installed but i was wondering if i have to wait to install them before tuning it. Btw my custom tune has the cai and gears in it. So is it safe to,even tho i dont have them installed, run the tune to see what a change it does to the car?

#2 ·
You can install the tune but your speedometer, odometer, and tach are going to be way off until you install the gears.

However, you may be able to just change the gear setting in your tune that is on the tuner when you load it into your car as well. Some tuners leave options like that open so that you can change it on your own.

#4 ·
Exactly, assuming the tuner didn't lock those options out. Some places do just to make you request another tune from them so they can charge you the update fee. There's a local shop here that does that. Pretty much locks down all options when tuning your car so you have to go through him for updates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.