New and looking for help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 8
New and looking for help.

New to the forums. Got my 03 GT back in Aug 09 for 11k with 30k miles right after i got back from iraq as a gift to myself. Came with cobra hood, front end and rims, grill delete kit. The exhaust is straight pipes no cats. I think he did something with the clutch (aftermarket)and might have changed the gear ratio on it cause the speedometer is off. I talked to the guys up at mustang world in dallas but I really don't think they have the time for all the questions I want to ask. So I'm putting this out there if anyone one on this forum wants to meet up and check out my ride and put up with some dumb questions I got a case of beer for you. The engine I think is stock. I also am willing to drive any place in the dfw metroplex. I'm looking to mod my ride and I just need to know were I'm at before I start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3142264999.png
Views:	82
Size:	901.1 KB
ID:	25790  
Rc20oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 129
Re: New and looking for help.

Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions. Everyone is pretty knowledgable on here.
__________________
_____________
Landis
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
01StangGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 177
I am located in san Antonio, if you want one day make a road trip or we can meet somewhere, I can try to help you out, not the smartest guy about mustangs but I know a few things. Always been a stang fan and always will be. Let me know
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc20oz
New to the forums. Got my 03 GT back in Aug 09 for 11k with 30k miles right after i got back from iraq as a gift to myself. Came with cobra hood, front end and rims, grill delete kit. The exhaust is straight pipes no cats. I think he did something with the clutch (aftermarket)and might have changed the gear ratio on it cause the speedometer is off. I talked to the guys up at mustang world in dallas but I really don't think they have the time for all the questions I want to ask. So I'm putting this out there if anyone one on this forum wants to meet up and check out my ride and put up with some dumb questions I got a case of beer for you. The engine I think is stock. I also am willing to drive any place in the dfw metroplex. I'm looking to mod my ride and I just need to know were I'm at before I start.
I'd be willing to answer questions for a case of beer... I live in Greenville.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New and looking for help.

post up any questions as well, always best to have information from many sources
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Welcome!
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 8
Bblunt I sent you a pm I'm in rockwall.
Rc20oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
wereKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 1,863
Re: New and looking for help.

If you need some questions answered this is the place to be.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: New and looking for help.

Yah definitely don't hesitate to ask any questions here on M.E. A lot of good people on here with tons of good information.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302

I'd be willing to answer questions for a case of beer... I live in Greenville.
Dude you live in Greenville?? My father in law lives in Greenville. He drives a white Supra. Ever see it around?
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
I am probably moving to the Greenville/Rockwall area within the year
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: New and looking for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
Dude you live in Greenville?? My father in law lives in Greenville. He drives a white Supra. Ever see it around?
Don't think so. I may have at some time though. I know of a black one that was around for a while, but not a white one.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302

Don't think so. I may have at some time though. I know of a black one that was around for a while, but not a white one.
He works somewhere close to the Sonic there. I'm not too familiar with the place. I live in PA and only visited once
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Re: New and looking for help.

Welcome man. My gear wasn't changed and its off by 5mph when I pass the "your speed is" signs lol. I know its my car bc its on every sign and the sign reads the correct speed as my friends when I ride with them. May just be a factory thing from what I hear
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
01StangGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 177
What part if PA are you from? I lived in State college like right dead center of PA, now I live in San Antonio Texas, (northeast side, the good part of SA)
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01StangGt
What part if PA are you from? I lived in State college like right dead center of PA, now I live in San Antonio Texas, (northeast side, the good part of SA)
I live outside of Reading. About an hour and a half northwest of Philly
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Squeak | Trunk »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

07 v6

rons07

Envyrs2

Dsgdrew
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



07:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.