questions about the kenne bell - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
questions about the kenne bell

hey if you dont know me i am a new member of this site and a proud owmer of a 04 mustang gt, and i was wondering what i need to get inorder for me to install this supercharger kit, like additional upgrades needed so it doesnt blow up down the road. thank you for any help and or imput. any websites would help as well for parts
ArmyScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyScout
hey if you dont know me i am a new member of this site and a proud owmer of a 04 mustang gt, and i was wondering what i need to get inorder for me to install this supercharger kit, like additional upgrades needed so it doesnt blow up down the road. thank you for any help and or imput. any websites would help as well for parts
Forged internals, fuel pump/boostapump, fuel injectors, and a tune

Edit: and welcome!
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: questions about the kenne bell

If you are looking at kenne bell then the best thing to do is talk to them. They have the most accurate information. On this forum and others you hear a lot of guessing and info from people that either don't have one or don't know what they are talking about..I asked kenne bell all of my questions and their website is very informative and gives you 90 percent of what you need to know if not more.

Like you said, you are buying a KIT so what makes you think you need other parts?

If you visit their site it will tell you what you need to do and what course of action to take instead of asking ill advised and un-informed people with pockets that aren't deep enough for a kenne bell kit.

Also if you are concerned about blowing your motor you shouldn't supercharge it. You might not want to hear that but it might last 5k miles or 75k miles after supercharging it. There is no magic number.
ajpturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpturbo View Post
If you are looking at kenne bell then the best thing to do is talk to them. They have the most accurate information. On this forum and others you hear a lot of guessing and info from people that either don't have one or don't know what they are talking about..I asked kenne bell all of my questions and their website is very informative and gives you 90 percent of what you need to know if not more.

Like you said, you are buying a KIT so what makes you think you need other parts?

If you visit their site it will tell you what you need to do and what course of action to take instead of asking ill advised and un-informed people with pockets that aren't deep enough for a kenne bell kit.

Also if you are concerned about blowing your motor you shouldn't supercharge it. You might not want to hear that but it might last 5k miles or 75k miles after supercharging it. There is no magic number.
You really talk a lot of ****, don't you? Unfortunately, you're at least partially right. However, you still talk a lot of ****. Unnecessarily, might I add.

My advice to the OP would be this:

1) Keep the boost reasonable. As a rule of thumb (with consideration to what a rule of thumb is), I would not go over 8 PSI if you are concerned at all about the longevity of a stock 4.6 bottom end.

2) Make sure everything else with your engine is in tip-top shape before installing. Do a compression check and ensure nothing is already on its way downhill. If you have a minor problem now, adding boost will quickly make it a major problem.

3) Don't expect a stock bottom end 4.6 to hold up long no matter what you do. A lot of people will likely disagree with this: "Well I've been running 10 PSI now for 90k miles!!!" That may be true. But not every engine is built the same, is maintained the same, or is ran the same. There are a lot of variables that are going to come into play, just as the supreme being above said.

4) Don't be discouraged into thinking that no one other than the guys at Kenne Bell are the only ones you can help you. There are tons of guys out there both here and on other forums who have more real world experience with running these blowers than some know-it-all who thinks he has money ever will. They can and will prove to be a useful resource to you if you let them.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Well said bunt. Would have taken a more direct route about the troll's obvious attitude issues. But I agree.
Alscobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

+2

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Very good advice bunt and I would agree on the boost. As long as you don't beat the crap outta her everyday you should be just fine.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

+3
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #9

Region: Illinois
Hey my pockets are deep...........there's just nothing but lint in em! Lol. I would love a Kenne Bell one day though :/
saif02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

I read ajpturbo's post a couple times, and I have to disagree with a lot of what he says.

There is no reason a supercharged engine can't last a long, long time. It's all about not asking too much from what you have.

The 8 lbs. boost limit is probably the best advice... Stock internals can only take so much...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT