1998 gt engine swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 142
1998 gt engine swap

1998 gt...stock cept for exhaust and cold air.

im currently in the airforce and they have shops for $2 a hour and free tools so im thinking of working on the baby a little while here.

long story short....the 4.6 is starting to crap out and not be enough for me any more....

I'm looking to go 302 carb'd(not fi)....this one in particular.....302 350 FORD Crate Engine, Ford Motorsport for Mustang,Fairlane,Comet,

i want a carb'd 5.0...any better engine than the one i've showed.....i want a 5.0 with atleast 300-350hp....I'd like a cammed 5.0(love how they sound)

what all do i need to put this in my car? im not new to working on cars im fairly educated on them....i just need a list of what needs to be bought and done.


also

is there any crate 4.6 drop ins carb'd with the power im looking for?

thank you

Eddie
eddie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
I would go 347... Way easier to make that power

Edit: actually, just checked the link. Ignore my comment, that looks pretty good.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: 1998 gt engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
1998 gt...stock cept for exhaust and cold air.

im currently in the airforce and they have shops for $2 a hour and free tools so im thinking of working on the baby a little while here.

long story short....the 4.6 is starting to crap out and not be enough for me any more....

I'm looking to go 302 carb'd(not fi)....this one in particular.....302 350 FORD Crate Engine, Ford Motorsport for Mustang,Fairlane,Comet,

i want a carb'd 5.0...any better engine than the one i've showed.....i want a 5.0 with atleast 300-350hp....I'd like a cammed 5.0(love how they sound)

what all do i need to put this in my car? im not new to working on cars im fairly educated on them....i just need a list of what needs to be bought and done.


also

is there any crate 4.6 drop ins carb'd with the power im looking for?

thank you

Eddie

your gonna need a 94-95gt k member or a 3.8 v6 k member... im currently doing the same thing but im goin efi.
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
I've got a 98 gt and was thinking a 347 anyone have s ball park figure as to what the whole swap would cost?
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: 1998 gt engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post
I've got a 98 gt and was thinking a 347 anyone have s ball park figure as to what the whole swap would cost?
that's a loaded question dude. anywhere from 3500-10k, depending on how u source the parts and how much of the work you do yourself.

750-1200 on a stroker kit depending on where u buy it.
are you gonna assemble the motor and clearance the block yourself? (huge savings)

it can get up there if you're payn ppl and shops to do the work.
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

that's a loaded question dude. anywhere from 3500-10k, depending on how u source the parts and how much of the work you do yourself.

750-1200 on a stroker kit depending on where u buy it.
are you gonna assemble the motor and clearance the block yourself? (huge savings)

it can get up there if you're payn ppl and shops to do the work.
Was just curious I'm not too mechanically inclined so I'd b paying some one or having friends help
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Titus Wadicus
Regular
 
svtlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 2,103
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: 1998 gt engine swap

ewww , i c. you're a bold man tryn to do a 347 swap. thatsa a ton of work u r signing yourself up for. it's not really a novice job.
__________________

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx
ewww , i c. you're a bold man tryn to do a 347 swap. thatsa a ton of work u r signing yourself up for. it's not really a novice job.
Well it's not something I'm going to taking just yet I'm only 18 with not such a great job few years down the road a 347 might come
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V6-V8 Engine Swap KhaoticMustang 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 11-24-2016 01:13 AM
engine swap midnightrider_s Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 10-22-2009 10:49 AM
engine swap 1989 to 1992 4 cyl engine dannyc1992 General Mustang Discussion 0 02-08-2008 02:59 PM
Engine Swap/ Engine Shakes too_cool_mitch Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 02-28-2006 03:01 PM
engine swap evilweirdo42 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 26 11-23-2004 08:21 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.