Mustang Evolution Forum banner

4R75W Valvebody/Shift Kit

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  StangSims39 
#1 ·
So i have looked high and low, searched a few other mustang forums but i get mixed reviews. I have a 4R75W trans in my Stang, im looking to get some firmer shifts out of it, on my 95 Tbird with the 4R70W the choice was simple, Shift Kit, J-Mod or a performance Valvebody. For that car i went with the performance Automatic Valvebody, paired up with my hypertech chip i was barking second and chirping 3rd in D. This car however, i cannot find anything on a shift kit or valvebody for a 4R75W. Some people say that this Valvebody is already pretty much J-Modded from the factory, however stock i dont feel the punch, kicked back in your seats shift. With a Diablo Tune i can bark second, however i alwasy learned that you should not really change the pressure of stock internals. So the question is, does anyone have an 04 GT with the 4R75W and has a shift kit or vavlebody installed? how does it shift, how much was it ECT. I really miss fast short shifts while crusing and hard neck snapping shifts when i punch it :cry:

#3 ·
a tune can make TONS of difference, if you install a valve body shift kit you run the risk of screwing it up and other such things and you cant just "uninstall it" if you need to very easily.

Look at a tune to firm up your shifts, you would be amazed... that is if you get a good person to write you a good tune of course.

#4 ·
i mean the shifts are a bit better than stock now with the diablo tune, but from my experience and esp from Jerrys Specs, a shift kit/jmod is a must for autos to extend life, and this is coming from the guy who made the 4R70W trans. The only thing is for the 4R75W im not seeing anythign in terms of a shift kit or j-mod specs. Some people say the stocker is better than the old school j-mod however i dont feel that differnece. Im getting my trans filter changed out tomorrow so maybe its just a lil gunked up and not shifting the way i think it should be with a tune. it just doesnt seem to shift crisp, fast and firm, the only shift kit i had an issue with on my tbird was transgo i would never trust a kit from them again.

#6 ·
if the tune wasn't specific for your car and was just an off the shelf tune that might be a huge part of it.

#7 ·
call darrin at bcautomotive... and the 4r75w is basically the 4r70w just a lil stronger..like you stated just use a programmer to up the shift pressure and you will be fine...no reason to going in to the valve body unless you plan on makeins some decent power honestly.. but call darrin he is the man to talk to when it comes to 4r's since thats all he works on..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.