Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Swapping in an 03/04 Cobra Fuel pump

17K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Lastoria24 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with this? From what I've found, its literally plug and play, if im not mistaken...?

Not doing it yet, but when i make the move to a blower, i'm doing this over the aftermarket walboro pump. Havent heard anything bad about them, but im a huge fan of OEM parts, and the fact that the dual cobra pumps are good to 600 hp... I'll be replacing my block and rotating assembly before i'd need a better fuel pump!

I can get good wholesale pricing from Ford, so i'll probably do the "tuner" kit, in regards to a supercharger. Just need injectors...

It'd be going in an 01 GT... Forgot to mention.

#2 ·
I know in my case my pump may be able to handle it but it needs more volts, I am at 14psi 39lb injectors 472rwhp/493rwtq and my pump is still ok... but I dont see it holding 600rwhp without a boost a pump.

#3 ·
yeah stock cobra pumps with a BAP is good to 600 depending on your setup... you can find cobra pumps and hats used for around 150-200... what are you going with in your car? and ummm dont buy a supercharer kit from ford for a 2v...non of them make good power..and are really small..

#4 · (Edited)
slow02gt said:
yeah stock cobra pumps with a BAP is good to 600 depending on your setup... you can find cobra pumps and hats used for around 150-200... what are you going with in your car? and ummm dont buy a supercharer kit from ford for a 2v...non of them make good power..and are really small..
Once i get the cash, either V3 vortech, or a Procharger. Found a good tuning shop local too. I can manage 400ish rwhp, and with some minor tweaking, gears, suspension and slicks, should be around 12.00 ets. Perfect for the street, imo. And still maintain good driveability.

After i blow it up, ill do forged internals, more boost and a small nitrous kit. I want to see tens on the street, with a 2V. This would be way down the road of course...

Just day dreaming...

#5 ·
yes the cobra pump swap it pretty much plug and play unless they cut the wires on the hat then you just match the colors with your wires and tie them together...you want to see tens on the street huh lmao....and acutally a blower car should be 11s...but if your car is a 5 speed that is the biggest mod to have....DRIVER... good luck with your build...

#6 ·
slow02gt said:
yes the cobra pump swap it pretty much plug and play unless they cut the wires on the hat then you just match the colors with your wires and tie them together...you want to see tens on the street huh lmao....and acutally a blower car should be 11s...but if your car is a 5 speed that is the biggest mod to have....DRIVER... good luck with your build...
I got the driver mod, no worries. Ive ran 8-9 second cars a lot in my day, 10.99 would be simple. All i really want to do at the moment is be over 400rwhp, and drive it a lot. Dont have time/resources to be a trailer queen at this point in life. (wife/kids).

Trust me, the day you rape your rear bumper from doing a wheelie, and still having the balls to stay in it, it's safe to say you can handle most drag cars.

#7 ·
I just have all stock everything minus pulley, intake, exhaust (just catback) and a tune, numbers in sig. My MAF is nearly at its limit in colder weather.

#8 ·
Found a used Cobra pump out of an 03, $325, its a local junkyard, Triplett LQK.

Kinda want to buy it, but im not close to buying a supercharger yet... So i dont really need it. /sigh

I need to make more money. These kids and my wife just drain it out of me. Loved when i spent whatever i wanted on cars, with no regard.

All i want is like $10,000. Someone loan it to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.