Performance and 1/4 mile - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikesChargedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 167
Performance and 1/4 mile

I was playing around with an app and I consistently say 6-6.5 0-60 trying hard not to get wheel spin, 1/4 mule was averaged at 14.51 @ 103 trap speed seems high for that time, short shifter supercharged 4.6 10psi I believe and I put stock exhaust on to smog, what do you guys think and how can I improve? Also I am leaning out I'm running 35-40 lbs of pressure in the fuel system I heard I need to be around 60. Any advice/help will be much appreciated thank you and sorry for the lengthy post
__________________

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
My advice would be to take it to the track and see what you run. 14.5 is really high if you are supercharged. You are also right about the trap. Seems high for the time. My best was a 13.78 @ 102 and I just have a full exhaust, CAI, and 4.10s. If you can get traction you should be in the high 12s to low 13s
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Performance and 1/4 mile

I run 12's with a bolt on car , you should be able to break an 11 with a S/C car all day long ...... prob trap 110 - 115 mph
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikesChargedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 167
Well the 98s are way underpowered aren't they? And I got a pump that's running lean which is probably robbing power
__________________

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Performance and 1/4 mile

sure is , you need fuel man !!!!!!
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
I run 12's with a bolt on car , you should be able to break an 11 with a S/C car all day long ...... prob trap 110 - 115 mph
How much motor work? Heads/cams??
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT
I was playing around with an app and I consistently say 6-6.5 0-60 trying hard not to get wheel spin, 1/4 mule was averaged at 14.51 @ 103 trap speed seems high for that time, short shifter supercharged 4.6 10psi I believe and I put stock exhaust on to smog, what do you guys think and how can I improve? Also I am leaning out I'm running 35-40 lbs of pressure in the fuel system I heard I need to be around 60. Any advice/help will be much appreciated thank you and sorry for the lengthy post
Curious. What app are you playing with??? Pocket dyno?
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Performance and 1/4 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post
How much motor work? Heads/cams??
03 Mach 1 , bolt on's ... as in 4.10's , off road pipe ,cat back exhaust , pulleys , JLT cold air ,and a tune ............ NO heads,No cams ,NADA
I'm also a drivin' fool
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Performance and 1/4 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT View Post
Well the 98s are way underpowered aren't they? And I got a pump that's running lean which is probably robbing power
didn't know it was a 98 , sorry ,,, for some reason i was thinking 3 valve car
ya that car probably only put down about 185 rwhp stock , and the blower probably put you up around 300 with a good tune ,still should go 12's
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

03 Mach 1 , bolt on's ... as in 4.10's , off road pipe ,cat back exhaust , pulleys , JLT cold air ,and a tune ............ NO heads,No cams ,NADA
I'm also a drivin' fool
Ok. Didn't know it was a Mach
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikesChargedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 167
Re: Performance and 1/4 mile

How bad is it for the engine if I'm running lean and how much power does it rob?
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Performance and 1/4 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT View Post
How bad is it for the engine if I'm running lean and how much power does it rob?
its not good for the engine , if you lean out under boost you can cause serious engine damage , as in burnt valves , melted pistons etc ....
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,223
Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

its not good for the engine , if you lean out under boost you can cause serious engine damage , as in burnt valves , melted pistons etc ....
+1
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
MikesChargedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: California
Posts: 167
That's what I thought but my step dad said it's fine as long as I don't drive it like a muscle car, it has become inconvenient and my lead foot itches
__________________

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wareshoals 1/8 mile? 97Stallion The Bar 11 09-23-2004 11:57 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.