radar detectors - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:28 AM   #36

I always thought that quotas were ruled unconstitutional but I could be wrong. in either case there should not be quotas period (in my opinion). to me the officer should always have discretion
LOWCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
Just so you know it is illegal for any officers to be given a quota by any agency. They can be told they have to have so many contacts but not citations.
that's what I thought too
LOWCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbanks

I remember Texas was a lot more hardcore, so I don't know how well it will work for you there. When I was in high school north of Amarillo, the troopers would write a ticket for 5 over.
The troopers here are ******** big time... If they see you go over the line on the side of the road they'll pull you over.. Normal cops are not bad tho, most of them are nice and just let you go
Ninjasteffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Same here in Georgia. I actually have worked out with most of the deputies in my county and several of the local cops, too. They're all pretty good guys. But I cover a 90 mile territory for my job and it puts me in front of every Rosco P. Coaltrain in the area.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
So far I've been pulled over 1 time in my rig. It was graduation weekend and my buddy was showing me a known hotspot for street racing. 2 DB cops had nothing better to do between donuts and coffee but pull my buddy over for going a whole 3mph over the limit. We are talking about a backroad that NO ONE lives or drives down here. So he was NOT cited for speed, NOT cited for missing the front license plate or whatever. Oh no, he got cited for my tint being an illegal shade. Then when asking about the car I inform them it's my rig and they ask me about going through DEQ. I inform them because the car is less than 5 years old I don't have to roll through DEQ and my credit union handled the new registration. The car was tinted before I bought it 3 months ago, I had no clue it was illegal. But because I live in the brokest county in WA. I'll have to pay out for my buddy's ticket. We saw a 240SX and a river out BMW get pulled over within a 5 mile radius of where our ticket was issued. DB Clark County Cops had quotas to meet for the month or something.

On a brighter note, I don't get hassled by cops on my side of town. I guess since American Muscle doesn't fit the profile of street racer (IE Rice Burners), they usually look the other way. There are exceptions to the rule though.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
About a month ago I was driving down a road with few cars on it and I picked up a very low ka band and I knew it wasn't electric doors because there was none anywhere near. So It kept going on and off with this low signal. About 2 min later as I'm going over a bridge I spot him in my rearview mirror. My windows were all ready down which meant I didn't have to roll them down because I have a 5% tint. The motorcycle cop comes up the bridge very fast and slows down besides me . Sees my radar blowing up hahaha and I gave him a little wave and he nodded and sped off.
GTstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome. Man mine doesn't pick up most motorcycle radars.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

They seem to be training a sh$& Ton of motorcycle cops down here. You'll see them running in packs of 2,4,8,10 and different packs with different uniforms/bike colors, configurations Which would tell me they're from other counties.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT
Re: radar detectors

Nothing is worse than a bike cop. Every bike cop I've ever met has something to prove & NEVER let me out of anything. They've all been d-bags to boot.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

hell yea..those bike cops are a-holes... well all the ones ive met.. they dont even have the least bit of kindness when they talk to you.. they talk to you like they are the sh&! and always assume your a criminal..specially around here...even tho over half the population here is hispanic theres a lot of racial profiling going on
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah those guys are all pretty much the same: hardcore and hell bent on citations. I see one locally that loves his little hiding spots... just can't help but want to get out there with a huge sign that says "cop hiding here!" to warn the people who don't know.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWCOP View Post
I always thought that quotas were ruled unconstitutional but I could be wrong. in either case there should not be quotas period (in my opinion). to me the officer should always have discretion
LOWCOP, here is the link

Las Cruces PD officers upset at 'point system' - El Paso Times

"A "point system" at the Las Cruces Police Department directs patrol officers to make a certain amount of arrests and write a certain amount of tickets every month, or face disciplinary action."
Greg687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbanks View Post
Yeah those guys are all pretty much the same: hardcore and hell bent on citations. I see one locally that loves his little hiding spots... just can't help but want to get out there with a huge sign that says "cop hiding here!" to warn the people who don't know.
haha yeah there used to be a cop that would always hide outside of a banks entrance on one of the main streets in my town and there was walls on both sides so the only way anyone could see him was after you passed by and that guy was pulling people over non stop until my dad noticed that the bikes wheels were leaving marks on the new cement and he called the p.d. pretending to be the banks manager and that cop was never there again lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome^^^
GTstang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
haha yeah there used to be a cop that would always hide outside of a banks entrance on one of the main streets in my town and there was walls on both sides so the only way anyone could see him was after you passed by and that guy was pulling people over non stop until my dad noticed that the bikes wheels were leaving marks on the new cement and he called the p.d. pretending to be the banks manager and that cop was never there again lol.
Props to your ole man. Around here cops mainly patrol in cruisers on the freeway & down the main streets. Apparently they are trying to bust more & more people for DUI's so they are heading to the side roads as well. The cruiser guys are alright if you cooperate with them but seeing as how I'm in a lowered Mustang with window tent & performance sounding mods, I'm not anticipating being let off of anything.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT View Post
Props to your ole man. Around here cops mainly patrol in cruisers on the freeway & down the main streets. Apparently they are trying to bust more & more people for DUI's so they are heading to the side roads as well. The cruiser guys are alright if you cooperate with them but seeing as how I'm in a lowered Mustang with window tent & performance sounding mods, I'm not anticipating being let off of anything.
yeah my dads in his 40s and does crazier sh** than me most of the time lol..yeah i cant complain about the cruiser cops since theyve let me get away with driving with only my permit lol but it all depends in the cop and how their day is going i suppose
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

yeah my dads in his 40s and does crazier sh** than me most of the time lol..yeah i cant complain about the cruiser cops since theyve let me get away with driving with only my permit lol but it all depends in the cop and how their day is going i suppose
The cops in my town are only concerned with drugs and alcohol. I've been pulled over 3 times. One was 2 days before 420 and they searced my car. The second I got the cops called on me cause they thought me an my friends were drunk (which we weren't). And the 3rd I was driving my stang unregistered and uninsured around my neighborhood. But all 3 I got let off (luckily). So I can't really complain
bradh2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2414 View Post
The cops in my town are only concerned with drugs and alcohol. I've been pulled over 3 times. One was 2 days before 420 and they searced my car. The second I got the cops called on me cause they thought me an my friends were drunk (which we weren't). And the 3rd I was driving my stang unregistered and uninsured around my neighborhood. But all 3 I got let off (luckily). So I can't really complain
well around here it depends on what neighborhood your at.. if your driving around the ghetto part of town the cops will search your car even for the most minor mistake..but if your driving around the nice part of town you can have an apple lit up in the back seat and the cops wont even suspect it . and im not just talking out of my a** lol
Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

well around here it depends on what neighborhood your at.. if your driving around the ghetto part of town the cops will search your car even for the most minor mistake..but if your driving around the nice part of town you can have an apple lit up in the back seat and the cops wont even suspect it . and im not just talking out of my a** lol
^^^ experience?? Lol
But i hate cops that search whenever with no evidence to search. The first time they said I was nervous.... I got f**king pulled over for the first time of course I'm gonna be nervous
Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Send a message via Skype™ to Texastboneking

you can refuse a search...
Texastboneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I knew I had nothing. And if I refuse they get a warrant, and since I didn't cooperate give me a ticket and I lose my liscense. Plus they didn't ask. "do you have anything illegal in the car?"
"no officer"
"step out of the vehicle"
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Yea ive refused search all the time. They can only look in ur car they cant dig or touch inside. They just flashed there lights in mine and asked me questions an let me go.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
Yea ive refused search all the time. They can only look in ur car they cant dig or touch inside. They just flashed there lights in mine and asked me questions an let me go.
Yeah they ask. Since I was a 16 year old kid they just did what they wanted since if I didn't cooperate, boom liscence gone
Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #59
Road Trip!

i tell them to get a warrant. ill sit and wait
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking
i tell them to get a warrant. ill sit and wait
When I turn 18 I'll do it. Just wanna keep my license. Another month
Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Yea they get a warrant and check and they find nothing lol. Good times lol.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08 View Post
Yea they get a warrant and check and they find nothing lol. Good times lol.
i take it that you dont usually get away with a warning if you make them do this?
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
i take it that you dont usually get away with a warning if you make them do this?
if the officer is being a ****** then your getting a ticket anyways... might as well make it worth while and be a ****** back lol
Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastboneking View Post
if the officer is being a ****** then your getting a ticket anyways... might as well make it worth while and be a ****** back lol
haha couldnt have said it better my self
Old 07-06-2011, 12:41 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Most of time they never search or look. Just give me warning and leave. And most of time im speedkng so they give me a ticket anyway.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When I turn 18 I'll do it. Just wanna keep my license. Another month
lol i got a long time to go till im 18 lol.. i always get nervous as hell cuz since i still have my provisional lisense i always have to be alone and i usually never am so i always have to kiss *** or avoid cops as much as possible lol
Old 07-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

ive never been caught speeding im always really careful about that being that im underge but all the times ive been stopped ive gotten lucky..either that or maybe im just a real charming guy
Old 07-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Most of the time the cops will sit and look at my car. Most cops that pull me over say i got a real nice car.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

haha thats great man
Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #70
Road Trip!

I had one pull me over and tell me I have a Hott car and I shouldn't drive it like a dumbass lol!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Sunroof | Help »