Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Intake Manifold vs Intake Man-child

13K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Redlsea 
#1 ·
Got my a/c compressor replaced today by the good ol' boys at JJSPEC Racing in Macon, Georgia today. Unfortunately, I got a crack in my intake manifold on the way there. If it's not one thing it's another, am I right?

Anyway, time to upgrade. Suggestions for a good replacement from all you badass freaks of Mustang nature??

#7 ·
My intake cracked on me so I went a got a professional products polished aluminum intake. It was a little pricey and looks nice. I haven't noticed any gains because I need cams and such to maximize the potential. At least i know it won't crack again. Plastic intakes suck.

#8 ·
ksrumbel said:
My intake cracked on me so I went a got a professional products polished aluminum intake. It was a little pricey and looks nice. I haven't noticed any gains because I need cams and such to maximize the potential. At least i know it won't crack again. Plastic intakes suck.
I think the Ford Racing one is plastic... pretty much the same as the one that I'm replacing.

#11 ·
mrc said:
There is pretty much no reason to go with aluminum over the composite manifold. Unless you are doing major mods you're just throwing away money.
Aluminum won't crack as easy as the plastic ;). Plus it looks cleaner :good:

#13 ·
mrc said:
It does look better,but that isn't worth the price. If you have the money to spend though...lol
Your missing the main point... So here is all caps for you
IT DOESN'T CRACK AS EASY.
see it now???

#14 ·
Texastboneking said:
see it now???
Yeah it looks pretty. I read it the first time. :)

I know it doesn't break as easily,but how often does composite break on a PI engine? Usually it last over 100k miles. So does the cost difference match vs when you can expect the new composite piece to break?

#15 ·
Texastboneking said:
see it now???
Hahaha yes, exactly why I was asking about other options. The most expensive repair on a vehicle is the one you have to do over... and over... and over....

I don't want to have another cracked manifold unless I accidentally hit Chuck Norris' fist with my car.

#17 ·
So after further investigation, it looks like Ford Racing put aluminum runners in the replacement manifold to ensure the crack won't happen (where it's been prone to cracking)... however, the nipple for the heater hose is still plastic and is known to break.

I'm looking at the Edelbrock Victor Jr but not sure if I have to purchase new fuel rails in order to use it...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.