Vortech SC - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Vortech SC

ok so I was going to be putting a turbo on her but the guy doing had a friend who totaled his 99GT with a vortech sc on it so he's ripping it out and going to install that for me once I get a chance to head back up to NC for a few days. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Anyone hear anything good/bad about these? I've heard nothing but good so far.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
ok so I was going to be putting a turbo on her but the guy doing had a friend who totaled his 99GT with a vortech sc on it so he's ripping it out and going to install that for me once I get a chance to head back up to NC for a few days. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Anyone hear anything good/bad about these? I've heard nothing but good so far.
I've heard they're awesome! How much is he charging you for all the work and the sc?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Any deals on sc?

02 GT : LT headers, H pipe, Cat back, 80mm TB, Intake, Strut tower bar, lightweight pullies All BBK, drilled and slotted rotors, Clear headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Hid kit for both head and fog, chin spoiler,18' chrome 2010 GT wheels with nitto tires
GTtopgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They are great. 99 had a diffetent bracket than 00-04 tho so make sure you either have a 99 as well or u get the right bracket. The only complaints i have with mine are the anderson power pipe tends to walk off the lip of the intake side or the blower and that when it did that a rubber reducer that came with the power pipe sucked in and ate my impellor. Had to send it to vortech for new impellor because they wont sell it alone. Took them almost two months to get it back to me. So damn slow over there i was almost at the point of selling it just because of that. Other than that great power and once tuned right drives like stock unless in boost.
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Vortech SC

Just make sure it is self contained so you don't have to tap into the cars oil to maintain the unit.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I prefer to have it run from the cars oil because as long as you maintain yoir car well you always know the condition of the oil in the unit
Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I love mine it is a v3 self contained unit here is my setup it was on the car when I bought it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	29681  
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickstang01 View Post
I prefer to have it run from the cars oil because as long as you maintain yoir car well you always know the condition of the oil in the unit
And if something happens to that unit you will have chunks of metal runnung through your engine. Thats the reason that made them self contained....well one of the reasons. Its just safer for the car and less work.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Not much that can happen. Just some helicut gears. And lets say something does happen which would only happen if your csr dropped oil pressure, then it would be filtered by the oil pickup tube screen and then through the oil filter itself. And from there thru the motor. And in that case you would already be worrying about much bigger problems than the tiny gear shavings that might go thru your motor. The bigger thing to worry about is some sort of intercooler/aftercooler. Reason i say that is not only heat but in my case it saved my motor. When my impeller blew to shreds my aftercooler caught it all. And the reason they went self contained is simply money. Look what they charge for the oil for the self contained units. They made them not for safety but for people that were worried about tapping an oil pan so they could sell a unit for alot more.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

he use to build modular engines for a living so I trust him. He's only charging 2500 for the sc, new fuel injectors, entirely new fuel system, column mounted boost gauge and to install everything.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang
he use to build modular engines for a living so I trust him. He's only charging 2500 for the sc, new fuel injectors, entirely new fuel system, column mounted boost gauge and to install everything.
That's an awesome price man! Where are you getting it tuned?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
That's an awesome price man! Where are you getting it tuned?
if he had time he would tune it but its gonna be one of those "i'm closed for business but I'm gonna do your car" kind of deals. I had Custom Performance do the tune last time...but Dan from Pro Dyno says if he can get more torque and horsepower out of than the last guy then its a free tune and everyone I know recommends him so I will prob go there this time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT