Best Way To Get 500 Horses For $4,000 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #36

Region: New Mexico
I'll say just throw a KB supercharger in it or a vortech, then put headers, o/r x pipe, cams, heads, depending on the SC u choose get a 75mm TB and a plenum too, bigger MAF and then a really good tune. That should get you around what you want.
linofuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Yea but he only can spend 4k on it so forced induction is out
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by linofuente
I'll say just throw a KB supercharger in it or a vortech, then put headers, o/r x pipe, cams, heads, depending on the SC u choose get a 75mm TB and a plenum too, bigger MAF and then a really good tune. That should get you around what you want.
If he did all that he would have to forge his internals. A good blower and bolt ons alone with the proper tune will max out the stock short block, let alone with heads and cams too
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Best Way To Get 500 Horses For $4,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Stang Rida View Post
I have a friend that has an 04 Gt and he makes 731 at the rear wheel off his stock block but he residents his heads, cams, plus he has a whipple supercharger but he also dropped like $9,000 on his engine...plus my engine only has 17,000 on it so I would like to use it

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

You said 731HP on a "STOCK" block, but you also said he dropped $9K on it, so how is 9K placed on a Block, still considered "STOCK"??
Old 08-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
You said 731HP on a "STOCK" block, but you also said he dropped $9K on it, so how is 9K placed on a Block, still considered "STOCK"??
No I was talkin about 9k total s/c, cams and heads and exhaust...he dropped 6.5k on the supercharger alone...the stock block on the v2 4.6 has been tested to withstand over 900 horses before failure...mustang monthly and hot rod mag did test on it and that was on junkyard 4.6 engines
504 Stang Rida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Have a few buddies that have 2V and one is just under 400whp. He has H/C/I full bolt ons and forged internals. To reach 500whp you will need some type of forced induction. Nitrous is the cheapest way to get there.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

stock 4.6 2v short block with standing 900hp? are u high?
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast
Hey look it up in Mustang monthly and hot rod mag...they must be high cause they the ones who did the test...I got the June edition of hot rod mag where they got 600 HP out of a junkyard 4.6 wit 14 psi
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
No I was talkin about 9k total s/c, cams and heads and exhaust...he dropped 6.5k on the supercharger alone...the stock block on the v2 4.6 has been tested to withstand over 900 horses before failure...mustang monthly and hot rod mag did test on it and that was on junkyard 4.6 engines
You did say stock block...And well all t hat isn't a stock block. And I want to see a 2V on stock internals making that kinda power. If they was doing it wouldn't have been no reason people upgraded them.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast
I'm looking at tha Hot Rod mag article right now they installed a 76mm Turbo on a stock block they just changed the injectors to 42lb and at 14psi it made 638 horses at 5,400 rpms

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

You did say stock block...And well all t hat isn't a stock block. And I want to see a 2V on stock internals making that kinda power. If they was doing it wouldn't have been no reason people upgraded them.
You can throw a kenne bell 2.6 s/c and run it at 14psi and make dam near 500 on a stock 4.6 with just and up grade to the fuel injectors...well so they website says
Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
I'm looking at tha Hot Rod mag article right now they installed a 76mm Turbo on a stock block they just changed the injectors to 42lb and at 14psi it made 638 horses at 5,400 rpms

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

You can throw a kenne bell 2.6 s/c and run it at 14psi and make dam near 500 on a stock 4.6 with just and up grade to the fuel injectors...well so they website says
504 Stang Rida, what you have to realize is, that the readings of some things, articles, Forums can be misleading and misunderstood, Once you go into a shop and talk with the Pros, you'll find that reality is a little different than a lot of "here say" is. Reality is different than fantasy and a lot of people leave out many details, and many are just saying wishful thinking, but they don't tell you it's "Wishful thinking. For instance, SuperChargers add up to 200HP to your car, by itself. So when you see people talking about their car has 420HP on it, They realy only just added a SuperCharger to it, not saying that and having you think that their car is soo good that it kicks out that power by itself. Also Boost is tricky also, A stock Engine can't really handle over 10psi, or you will certainly damage something on your Eng. Even 10psi, you have to do a little work to it so it can handle that. Now I'm talking STOCK engine here, A built/worked on Engine is a totally different story on all this stuff/subjects.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I made 470 rwhp on stock internals at 14 psi boost. I have alot of supporting mods cams ported heads full exhaust ect. I have a lot of knowledge with mustangs i have been buildin them since i was a kid and i work in the auto repair/performance field. I dropped it down to 440 rwhp to be safe and thats still pushing it on stock internals. 500 crank hp is a fine line that you dont want to cross with stock internals
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
504 Stang Rida, what you have to realize is, that the readings of some things, articles, Forums can be misleading and misunderstood, Once you go into a shop and talk with the Pros, you'll find that reality is a little different than a lot of "here say" is. Reality is different than fantasy and a lot of people leave out many details, and many are just saying wishful thinking, but they don't tell you it's "Wishful thinking. For instance, SuperChargers add up to 200HP to your car, by itself. So when you see people talking about their car has 420HP on it, They realy only just added a SuperCharger to it, not saying that and having you think that their car is soo good that it kicks out that power by itself. Also Boost is tricky also, A stock Engine can't really handle over 10psi, or you will certainly damage something on your Eng. Even 10psi, you have to do a little work to it so it can handle that. Now I'm talking STOCK engine here, A built/worked on Engine is a totally different story on all this stuff/subjects.
Well true that but like I said earlier the 04 GT my friend has is pushing 700 HP and I watched him get it dyno and build it and run it on weekends at the track...he doesn't drive it daily but his is a true 700 HP machine on stock block only thing changed was cams, heads, fuel injectors, kenne bell s/c and stage 3 king cobra clutch
Old 08-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #49

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

If he did all that he would have to forge his internals. A good blower and bolt ons alone with the proper tune will max out the stock short block, let alone with heads and cams too
So how come that I have been to shops where they are doing sc installations and they don't forged the internals or anything like that... And I think 4.6 engine is capable of handling all that power without any worries.
linofuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

The installs you are seeing probably arent pushing that much power. A basic supercharger wont max the block out. Once you start using smaller pullies, power pipes, intercoolers ect you can pick up alot more power. A basic supercharger with nothing else will only net you around 350 rwhp depending on what you are using which is safe on stock internals
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickstang01
The installs you are seeing probably arent pushing that much power. A basic supercharger wont max the block out. Once you start using smaller pullies, power pipes, intercoolers ect you can pick up alot more power. A basic supercharger with nothing else will only net you around 350 rwhp depending on what you are using which is safe on stock internals
EXACTLY RIGHT! My statement was the if done properly a SC can max out your block. And like said about those guys probably aren't pullying the charger or tuning it out to the max.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Stang Rida

Well true that but like I said earlier the 04 GT my friend has is pushing 700 HP and I watched him get it dyno and build it and run it on weekends at the track...he doesn't drive it daily but his is a true 700 HP machine on stock block only thing changed was cams, heads, fuel injectors, kenne bell s/c and stage 3 king cobra clutch
And your friend is in one of 3 categories. 1) He is the luckiest mustang owner on the planet. (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL). 2) He does have forged internals to be able to turn those kind of numbers. Or 3) He doesn't put out 700 hp and one of the two of you are full of crap
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

I dont see any way your going to get a complete build to 500bhp for 4 grand... you might get there with a cheap used intercooled turbo setup or a rebuilt blower but its not a complete build... your gonna need fuel upgrades and flywheel/clutch right away, tuning, and probabally a transmission rebuild. 7k yeah mayb... but 4... thats too thin for me. But i like track cars... so id be doing brakes, the rear end, suspension etc etc etc... not just chasing some ricers around...
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT