Starting my 4.6 to 5.4 prep and swap! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #36
Registered Member
Pistons yes but you dont want to touch the suface of the cylinder bore and cause it to be rough or uneven. What i usually do is brake clean and a scrath pad but be very gently. Make sure when you put heads back on to put a light coat of oil on the cylinder bores so its not dry start up

onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
So I got the valve covers off... One side, the broken valve cover side, the cam gear broke in whatever wreck caused the expedition to get itself into a junkyard. It bent the first intake valve. So starting tomorrow, since I have to do one, I'm just going to replace all the valve seals, and use it as an opportunity to check all of the valves. After I find a camshaft, I will actually start the buildup. For the next week or so I will be on clean up duty!

I had a guy come over tonight that I know. He's a Mustang fanatic, and he said I've come light years for someone that's never worked on a modular motor. Good news for me, I needed a little in person encouragement. He recommended just a light cleaning, and then to use seafoam on the motor just before the end of a 500 mile break in.

Good times!

Scarreddragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT