Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1999 Mustang GT Engine Rebuild Question!!!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  FORDGT14 
#1 ·
I am in the process of rebuilding my 99 4.6l 2V Gt engine. I just need to get the pistons now but i dont wana get the wrong ones. So heres a link at the bottom to the ones i am looking at on ebay. Please tell me if they are the ones i need or not. The car is completely stock with no bore. So these should be the rite ones? rite?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Ford Car 281 4.6 96-00 Engine Piston & Ring Set - eBay (item 140567561895 end time Oct-19-11 08:21:31 PDT)

Thanks guys

#3 ·
Do your self, your car and your wallet a favor and stay away from eBay.
Go to one of our site sponsors instead.
They have knowledgeable people who will help you make sure you get the correct parts and being a forum member you will get a discount from most of them.

#5 ·
Im just rebuilding it completely stock. As of now. I cant afford to do anything more than rebuilding it to stock form. I just need to know if this is what I need to get the job done. I plan on getting the timing chain kit and a new oil pump with the gasket kit and pistons listed on here. But is there anything alse Im fogetting?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.