ABS light + traction control doesnt work - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
ABS light + traction control doesnt work

My ABS light is on and my traction control does not work, I might be mistaken but I think that is a speed sensor right? or is it the wheel speed sensor? I notice sometime the light does not come on and the traction control works. My speed seems to be right so i dont know what it could be .... any suggestions?
RedGT04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

????
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
It could be low brake fluid, the abs sensor, among other things. Friends 02 gt had the same problem ended up being a sensor.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Sounds like you abs sensors are going bad. Have you had you rearend gears changed out recently?
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: ABS light + traction control doesnt work

Actually I just got the vehicle Thursday so I have nit got a chance to play with it too much, I talked to a good friend of mine and he said a lot of times is a wheel speed sensor going bad but since mine works once in a while he thinks it might of got break dust. Why would the gears matter anyways? im just curious
Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I actually have the same problem with my 01 right now. Forgot what the code number was but it read somethin like open end circuit for the front two or something like that. I'm guessing it's the abs sensors but haven't really rushed to get it fixed lol. If it's not one yellow light on it's another -_-
BayyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

lol yeah it sucks sometimes.... im not really too concern about the problem but I would love to get it fix. I noticed you were from Florida, do u know of any clubs or anything in the state?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Clean the wheel speed sensors. Easy to do. See what codes you are getting and that will narrow it down. What area of floroda are you in. Tampa has a few clubs i was in before i moved. Bad company and wesly chapel mustang club were both fun
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGT04
Actually I just got the vehicle Thursday so I have nit got a chance to play with it too much, I talked to a good friend of mine and he said a lot of times is a wheel speed sensor going bad but since mine works once in a while he thinks it might of got break dust. Why would the gears matter anyways? im just curious
When they do a gear instal the axles are pulled out and the abs sensors have to be roomed and most of the time the abs sensors get damaged in the process.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I live by wesley chapel area. are they still meeting by the target on bruce b downs? I used to go there with my friends when I had a 91 toyota Supra.but I dont know if they are still doing it or not

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I dont think they ever did anything to the gears but then again im not 100% positive I will have my cats removed this thursday and Im putting MIl eliminators in there. do you if my car is going to run rich by doing that?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure where they are meeting now. Sometimes target on 54 by suncoast. I think every tuesday at bruce b downs sonic. They have some runs planned and are expanding quite a bit. Check them out on facebook as thats how they do most of the communication and planning

Bad company florida

Wesly chapel mustang club previously wesly chapel pony club.

If you cant find it let me know i can get you phone numbers
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

if you could give me some numbers or at least some info i would really appreciated. did you ever go to clearwater off of 60 ? they meet there on the weekends and I heard is getting pretty big. they had over 700 cars out there last friday.... not just mustangs all kinds you know
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I'm down in Miami, kinda far. I'm also on stangs of south Florida, great people and a lot of events though.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Do u guys ever come up to Tampa Orlando area ?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Nah majority of the meets are in broward county and some in dade. And every year they host the patriot run as a 9/11 tribute and cruise from davie down to the keys for the weekend and have a number of charities and stuff.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thats pretty awesome .... If you guys ever come uphere let me know im joinin a club soon and we r gonna cruse from tampa to orlando this sat it should be over 100 mustangs going
Old 11-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #17

Region: Maryland
abs tcs and power steering

I bought a 2015 Mustang GT May 18th 2015. since I bought this car I had lots of problems with it .the main problem I had was the ABS traction control airbag light would randomly come on and off this also affected the vehicles driving and in rainy weather it was like driving on ice. I took this car to the dealership multiple times and every time they told me something different and never got the problem fixed the last time I tried to take it to the dealership my car spun out when it was raining and a vehicle T boned me the car was a total loss. if anyone else have this problem please message me I am having a hard time proving to my insurance company that the car was defective.
15mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT