UPR Catted Xpipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
UPR Catted Xpipe

Okay, I bought a 2003 Mustang GT earlier in the year. Car has only 37,000 miles on it. I'm currently updating and customizing the car.

I've got a metallic rattling coming from under the car from 2000 RPM and up, so I'm guessing the cats are bad which is great since I want to get set up with some HF cats.

Can anyone give me some input on UPR's Catted Xpipe? Anyone install it, and how well did the install go? How does it sound? Any problems with inspections (I'm in Jersey)?

I'm sticking with the OE catback for now, and I will still have the stock manifolds on. If I had the money, I'd install some shorty headers at the same time, but I'll do it next summer.
Linguini27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: UPR Catted Xpipe

I'm from New Jersey as well, and I run a Bassani O/R X pipe on my daily driver, and my friend also ran the same on his as well. I've never experienced problems with the law, just as long as you are careful enough to not draw attention to you, which you shouldn't so long as you're driving normally. When you get on it you put yourself at risk, but getting on it, as we know already, does it anyways. The only downside besides that is when it comes time for inspection, which in that case you just swap the stock pipe back in for inspection only, which is once every two years.

The catted x-pipe will do just fine. You'll be emissions legal, and you'll have a good exhaust note. I recommend changing the catback though, as you'll just want a different sound. I recommend a bullet or resonator type to give you a great sound (Loudmouths (1 or 2s), or Borlas are my preference) but it's up to you.
TheJigShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #3

Re: UPR Catted Xpipe

Thanks for the input. I'm getting a Catted Xpipe to avoid having to reinstall the originals as you do. I don't have the patience to go with a O/R xpipe and remove and reinstall every 2 years.

I've heard good things about the UPR because it mounts higher than most. I had wanted to get the SLP catted xpipe from American Muscle, but too many who have lowered their cars (I will be doing this too) complain about it hanging too low, and then damaging the cats. No Thanks!

The UPR with cats seems the way to go to make sure I don't have clearance issues.
Linguini27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT