Sudden loss of HP? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
Sudden loss of HP?

I noticed this week I had a sudden loss of HP in my 02 GT. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on and it seemed to get worse every day. So......yesterday ( Sunday ) was very nice outside 68F and most mustangs run really great at this temp but mine was worse.

Ok, popped the hood and was looking to see if any thing was wrong and I noticed something once I reached across the motor and laid my had on the CAI gently. It was so loose I could remove it from the throttle body.

I have a JLT cai on this car that I had installed in May and its clamps were screwed on not with a screwdriver but a socket wrench and I cranked on it to make sure they don't come loose. So I checked the rest of the clamps and they were all LOOSE too. That makes me mad, I have a friend that told me not to buy JLT because his did the same thing and he has to check his every month and tighten them. He said they look good but they don't stay tightened when I bought mine. So needless to say it's a new monster after that. The difference hp was like turning on your AC and trying to go fast. Errrrrrr!!!!

jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
Lol. I like my k&n. It's

1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Re: Sudden loss of HP?

Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
Lol. I like my k&n. It's
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT