Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

Well last weekend I tore into my car and installed a set of Hedman long tubes, a mac prochamber, and then plugged in my new SCT tuner from Bama. After ALOT of custom fab work and two long days of work i got it in and i could not be happier!!!! It pulls so much better! and the engine can breathe way easier! The most suprising part was that it actually got better HWMPG when i stayed off the gas than before. I fully recommend it to anyone!

NOW...I WANT MORE! Mods to date are: Long tubes, prochamber, flow 40's, 3.73 gears, and lowering springs with new shocks and struts. I am thinking about getting UD pullies and a throttle body/plenum combo. This would put me at "full bolt ons" if i am not mistaken. But i would like some input and ideas, thanks!
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

nice ... just did headers in my Mach ,it wasn't any fun , LOL
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
M3to5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deridder
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 537
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
Well last weekend I tore into my car and installed a set of Hedman long tubes, a mac prochamber, and then plugged in my new SCT tuner from Bama. After ALOT of custom fab work and two long days of work i got it in and i could not be happier!!!! It pulls so much better! and the engine can breathe way easier! The most suprising part was that it actually got better HWMPG when i stayed off the gas than before. I fully recommend it to anyone!

NOW...I WANT MORE! Mods to date are: Long tubes, prochamber, flow 40's, 3.73 gears, and lowering springs with new shocks and struts. I am thinking about getting UD pullies and a throttle body/plenum combo. This would put me at "full bolt ons" if i am not mistaken. But i would like some input and ideas, thanks!

Now bolt on a Blower!!!
M3to5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Awesome! I need to pick up a pair if longtubes.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Awesome! I need to pick up a pair if longtubes.
Yeah, the install sucked but it was so worth it!!! Sounds bad a$$, runs much better, and IF you can keep your foot off the floor board it actually gets better mileage. Its an awesome upgrade
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

No one has suggestions on the next mods i should do?
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
DRIVEHARD_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

I suggest the 3.73 if you still have the factory ring and pinion! Doesn't technically add HP but your lower end torque feels insane compared to stock. When I changed mine I would say it felt similar to adding roughly 80-90 RWHP. Most places have them from 160-250 depending on the brand.

If you still have the money left over then the exhaust would help if you want to go headers all the way back! Some long tubes with off-road or catted x-pipe with a nice cat-back system would rock some better numbers and make it sound like it will drive lol. Good luck.
DRIVEHARD_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEHARD_99
I suggest the 3.73 if you still have the factory ring and pinion! Doesn't technically add HP but your lower end torque feels insane compared to stock. When I changed mine I would say it felt similar to adding roughly 80-90 RWHP. Most places have them from 160-250 depending on the brand.

If you still have the money left over then the exhaust would help if you want to go headers all the way back! Some long tubes with off-road or catted x-pipe with a nice cat-back system would rock some better numbers and make it sound like it will drive lol. Good luck.
Is this in the right place? Cause in my very first post I listed my mods which included all of what you just mentioned
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
DRIVEHARD_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

My stupidity. I read it and thought you were considering those mods. A byproduct of getting on the internet while at work. To my credit I don't do it that often and it was slow as crap!
DRIVEHARD_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Lol okay just checking
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
mcvicar04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 400
What problems did you run into doing the long tubes?
mcvicar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

The only realy problem was the steering shaft conecting to the steering box. We had to cut the shaft apart and then slide the pieces back together in between the tubes. Other than that it was just alot of fab work to get the long tubes to mount with the prochamber. Since i had two different manufacturers they werent made for eachother. They had different connector flanges, the prochamber was too long, and the prochamber wasnt wide enough to mount with the long tubes. So there was alot of bending, cutting, welding, cussing, bleeding etc... lol
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Long Tube/SCT Tuner Install Done!!! NOW TIME FOR MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
The only realy problem was the steering shaft conecting to the steering box. We had to cut the shaft apart and then slide the pieces back together in between the tubes. Other than that it was just alot of fab work to get the long tubes to mount with the prochamber. Since i had two different manufacturers they werent made for eachother. They had different connector flanges, the prochamber was too long, and the prochamber wasnt wide enough to mount with the long tubes. So there was alot of bending, cutting, welding, cussing, bleeding etc... lol
YOU CUT THE STEERING SHAFT APART ???????????????
There's 1 bolt you take out 13mm , and the shaft comes right apart
I just did it in my Mach 1 , and I'm sure its the same shaft and rack as yours
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

YOU CUT THE STEERING SHAFT APART ???????????????
There's 1 bolt you take out 13mm , and the shaft comes right apart
I just did it in my Mach 1 , and I'm sure its the same shaft and rack as yours
You are correct. One bolt gets it off the steering box. But the problem was getting it back to the box once the new headers were installed. The shaft is telescopic and is pressed together from the factory so the end would not fall off going down the assembly line. We simply cut the pressed piece so that the shaft would slide into two pieces. Then slid the two piece back together between the header tubes.
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long tube header install CodyNelson 1996-2004 Mustang GT 12 08-22-2011 06:04 PM
BBK long tube headers install help....... rinfield2004 SVT Mustang 15 07-20-2011 09:17 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.