Pypes m80 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Pypes m80

So I'm getting the pypes m80 resonators and iv been reading that the won't fit with an offset. My current system is h pipe with flowmaster 40 series but what would I have to do to make the resonators fit? Help pleaseeee haha
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Are you getting just the resonators. Or catback.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT
Are you getting just the resonators. Or catback.
I assume just the resonators from what's he's saying. I would like to know the answer to this as well, for I want to do the same with my offset Pypes Catback, but with loudmouths, without welding it to the actual Catback.
1997 Ford Mustang GT (Rio Red) (RMR #7832)

2003 Ford Mustang GT Centennial Edition (Black) (SOLD)
2004 Ford Mustang GT (Redfire) (SOLD)
1985 Chevrolet C10 Custom Deluxe (Red) (SOLD)
TheJigShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I had offset flowmaster and took everything off from the stock mid pipe and put on loudmouth cutback. Really easy done it with jackstands and a few tools didn't weld anything.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well I called American muscle and the guy told me I would have to get a straight catback system. So that idea is blown for the moment. Until I get more money that's when id do it. I just went with Pypes violator offset lol

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

And 1lowgt I was going to get just resonators
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That would be alot easier make a video of it when it gets installed. Are you installing it or someone else.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Stay away from anything pypes. They suck.
ridethepony02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethepony02gt
Stay away from anything pypes. They suck.
Really?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. That's why pypes products are so cheap. Do your research first buddy. I run SLPs long tube ceramic headers, with catted SLP x pipe and my ol'man installed my flowmaster 40 series for free. My ol'man works at an exhaust shop. He's been doing it since before I was born and I'm 27. Don't be cheap. Save and get a quality product. Pypes uses crappy grade aluminum and there welds will crack under extreme heat. Fords run hot you should know this.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11
So I'm getting the pypes m80 resonators and iv been reading that the won't fit with an offset. My current system is h pipe with flowmaster 40 series but what would I have to do to make the resonators fit? Help pleaseeee haha
Why do you even want to add resonators? Your going to add back pressure that you dont want and its going to quiet the sound of your flows.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Pypes m80

so im guessing i shouldnt get a pypes m-80 bullet style muffler with a flowmaster 44 series offset muffler( if i could even do that) im getting the flowmaster 44 series offset muffler either way though.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

also, nothing wrong with what ridethepony said....you need to calm your self down a little bit there sonic, its all good!
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution
so im guessing i shouldnt get a pypes m-80 bullet style muffler with a flowmaster 44 series offset muffler( if i could even do that) im getting the flowmaster 44 series offset muffler either way though.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

also, nothing wrong with what ridethepony said....you need to calm your self down a little bit there sonic, its all good!
I would go with the 2 chamber 40 series flowmaster. Trust me!! You'll thank me. You'll have the deep throaty sound at idle, that good bark at the red lights, and when you get on it its sound beautiful. I was raised around exhaust. My ol' man has been doing it since before I was born and I'm 27 bro. 2 chamber 40s are where its at.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

I would go with the 2 chamber 40 series flowmaster. Trust me!! You'll thank me. You'll have the deep throaty sound at idle, that good bark at the red lights, and when you get on it its sound beautiful. I was raised around exhaust. My ol' man has been doing it since before I was born and I'm 27 bro. 2 chamber 40s are where its at.
I have had the 40's, now I have a Mac cat back all the way out. I'd always been right where you are but now I'd recommend the Mac mufflers over the flows in a heart beat. Not that the flows are bad but the macs sound deeper, meaner, and more aggressive. The best part is that I dont sound like 4 out of every 5 GT's lmmfao
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Heard of the brand but actually never heard them in person.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

What mods have you done to your pony? Have you done heads or internals. Or just bolt ons?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Heard of the brand but actually never heard them in person.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

What mods have you done to your pony? Have you done heads or internals. Or just bolt ons?
Stock w/ CAI and SCT 4 bank
Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That's why. If you were to here a stang with heads , cams, full exhaust, cai that had flows you might change your mind. But like i said, I've never heard Mac exhaust. I'll check out some sound clips.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
That's why. If you were to here a stang with heads , cams, full exhaust, cai that had flows you might change your mind. But like i said, I've never heard Mac exhaust. I'll check out some sound clips.
Look at my profile...... This is my 3rd Mustang, had the Fox car 2x..... Make no mistake, I've had them built, and herd them built.... The flows were on the black 95 GT in my pics... Full bolt ons.. I've been into Mustangs a long time.. My bro had an 89 with work in the early 90's....

Sound clips on a computer are lame... They do no system any justice..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT