HP?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
HP??

Alright guys so i have a 02 automatic gt with the following upgrades...... Cold air, 78mm TB, Sct tuner, underdrive pullies, and cat back. how much hp should i be getting now and im thinking about putting in the 4.10s next will i notice much change?
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: HP??

I'd have to guess maybe 230 at the wheels.

Gears won't give you any more HP; however, they will result in better acceleration. I don't know what the factory final gearing is on a New Edge, but I am sure it's no where near 4.10's, so you will notice it pull A LOT harder.
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
With the gears u wont get more hp but it will feel like u did
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
Re: HP??

ya i know i wont gain hp from it but i was wonderin how much of a difference it would make
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
504gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 100
From stock gears it will be a big difference
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Stock gears are likely 3.27, will notice a huge change in the cars behavior.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashgizam
Alright guys so i have a 02 automatic gt with the following upgrades...... Cold air, 78mm TB, Sct tuner, underdrive pullies, and cat back. how much hp should i be getting now and im thinking about putting in the 4.10s next will i notice much change?
About 260-270hp would be more like it!... I've pretty much the exact same set up!... If you know your 1/4 mile time, speed, and vehicle weight, there is a formula you can use to figure out approximately how much hp your getting ArmyUS wheels!..

I believe 2.73 is the factory gears in a auto!.. So 4.10s will give you a big kick in the butt!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

About 260-270hp would be more like it!... I've pretty much the exact same set up!... If you know your 1/4 mile time, speed, and vehicle weight, there is a formula you can use to figure out approximately how much hp your getting ArmyUS wheels!..

I believe 2.73 is the factory gears in a auto!.. So 4.10s will give you a big kick in the butt!...
In 99 I believe they bumped to 3.27 on all of them. If anything the auto would be a little higher.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

In 99 I believe they bumped to 3.27 on all of them. If anything the auto would be a little higher.
A higher gear means smaller numbers that represent the gear!.. 2.73 is a higher gear than 3.27!.. If anything the manual would have the 3.27 as that tranny has a fifth gear!..

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I did a little research some time ago on my car and came up that mine should have 2.73 in the rear!... Mine is a '04 GT auto!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MMVEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 307
3.27 gears from '99 to '04 came standard on all GT's with manual trans. Not sure about the autos. I can check about autos if you want.
MMVEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

A higher gear means smaller numbers that represent the gear!.. 2.73 is a higher gear than 3.27!.. If anything the manual would have the 3.27 as that tranny has a fifth gear!..

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I did a little research some time ago on my car and came up that mine should have 2.73 in the rear!... Mine is a '04 GT auto!...
Wrong. Before you continue go jack your car up and look at the tag. With Foxes it was 2.73 w/ most 5spd and 3.08 with the auto. In 99' 3.27 became the standard.
Before you start tripping go jack your car up and read the tag on the top right, it will have a series of numbers stamped in it. If you have 2.73's in a new edge GT you'll be the first I know of and would love to see a pic of the tag.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMVEC
3.27 gears from '99 to '04 came standard on all GT's with manual trans. Not sure about the autos. I can check about autos if you want.
Go for it bro!.. Like I said the research I did said 2.73!... I tried to confirm that with my own diff. and found no tag on it to say one way or the other!.. So if you can find some thing please let me know!.... Lol

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Mach1registry.com new for 2004 claims the both the V6 and GT auto's had 2.29 in the rear!..

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Muscle Car drive says 2.29 and 2.49 for the GT!... All sites did say that all manuals have 3.27 in the rear!...

So my question is!..... What the he'll is my final gear!!!..... Lol. Never heard it having a 2.49 before!!!.... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
Re: HP??

lol so regardless of my stock gears ill have a monster is wat your telling me correct?? and the 02 gts are supposed to be 260hp stock so shouldnt i be alil more towards 300?? i guess i just dont get that part
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashgizam
lol so regardless of my stock gears ill have a monster is wat your telling me correct?? and the 02 gts are supposed to be 260hp stock so shouldnt i be alil more towards 300?? i guess i just dont get that part
That 260hp stock is at the crank!... What me and the other guy are talking about is hp at the wheels!... With your mods you should be at or above 300hp at the crank!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Go for it bro!.. Like I said the research I did said 2.73!... I tried to confirm that with my own diff. and found no tag on it to say one way or the other!.. So if you can find some thing please let me know!.... Lol

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Mach1registry.com new for 2004 claims the both the V6 and GT auto's had 2.29 in the rear!..

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Muscle Car drive says 2.29 and 2.49 for the GT!... All sites did say that all manuals have 3.27 in the rear!...

So my question is!..... What the he'll is my final gear!!!..... Lol. Never heard it having a 2.49 before!!!.... Lol
Check the old fashioned way, jack up the rear and rotate the tire once and count how many times the driveshaft spins
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

Check the old fashioned way, jack up the rear and rotate the tire once and count how many times the driveshaft spins
+1.. Lol
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

+1.. Lol
Ya that would be a good idea!.. But I currently don't have a jack!.. Lol. Just ramps!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Lol nash you may be around 300 at the crank. The tuner guy told me I should be putting down around 300-320 at the wheels cammed. But by doing that my power band is larger and it won't fall on its face as much in third
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: HP??

I'd guess around 250 / 260 RWHP Range , I know 99-04 's put down about 225/230 stock ..........
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Lol now built that Drivetrain as good as you can and you might get an additional 20 to the ground but you'd get piece of mind that if you put slicks on you won't crinkle you driveshaft or snap an axel.
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
Lol now built that Drivetrain as good as you can and you might get an additional 20 to the ground but you'd get piece of mind that if you put slicks on you won't crinkle you driveshaft or snap an axel.
I e seen that happen a few times and it does suck!!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
That's why I'm not taking any chances. I've been told our 8.8 is tough but I'm not gonna risk my car to a failure lol. I wanna pop wheelies with full on drag slicks and not worry about it. Watch fast intentions video on YouTube. 8.9 1/4 in a 88mm turbo 2v. Pops a 3 ft wheelie lol probably the most beast video I've seen. And people doubt the 2v
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
That's why I'm not taking any chances. I've been told our 8.8 is tough but I'm not gonna risk my car to a failure lol. I wanna pop wheelies with full on drag slicks and not worry about it. Watch fast intentions video on YouTube. 8.9 1/4 in a 88mm turbo 2v. Pops a 3 ft wheelie lol probably the most beast video I've seen. And people doubt the 2v
Ya I've got a buddy that has 620+ hp at the wheels with a 91 tune!!... And it's a 2v 4.6!!... Lol. Trust me I don't doubt the potential of our motors!!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
That's why I'm not taking any chances. I've been told our 8.8 is tough but I'm not gonna risk my car to a failure lol. I wanna pop wheelies with full on drag slicks and not worry about it. Watch fast intentions video on YouTube. 8.9 1/4 in a 88mm turbo 2v. Pops a 3 ft wheelie lol probably the most beast video I've seen. And people doubt the 2v
Don't think it's as much doubt as realizing more potential of more valves per cyl. I like the PI motors.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
I hate it when people just say "do a 4v head swap". If you wanted a 4v you should have just bought a cobra or Mach 1. I personally like the termis but believe they are way overpriced. With an average of 10k more in price you can build a gt up to 500hp and still have left over cash.
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
I hate it when people just say "do a 4v head swap". If you wanted a 4v you should have just bought a cobra or Mach 1. I personally like the termis but believe they are way overpriced. With an average of 10k more in price you can build a gt up to 500hp and still have left over cash.
I think that's the difference in wanting to build and mod your car to fit you and just wanting to buy one already done up. Sometimes it comes down to money. I will do a swap on mine one day, but it will be a whole new motor not HCI
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
I'm going to put some ported trick flows from mmr on mine. I'm pretty sure that regardless of number of valves, the ported tf will flow better numbers then a stock set of 4v heads. Now ported 4v heads are a different story. All I'm getting at is people abandon and act down on the 2v. Hell my gt beats Mach 1s as it sits with non-degreed untuned cams and bolt ons
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
I'm going to put some ported trick flows from mmr on mine. I'm pretty sure that regardless of number of valves, the ported tf will flow better numbers then a stock set of 4v heads. Now ported 4v heads are a different story. All I'm getting at is people abandon and act down on the 2v. Hell my gt beats Mach 1s as it sits with non-degreed untuned cams and bolt ons
Was just reading about those heads! They look to be very promising!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Lol yea I'm going with the kenne bell 2.6 kit so the extra flow is perfect lol the standard trick flows will take a bone stock gt from 260 to 380 with just heads and stock cams then you add on the porting and it adds another 45-50 lol AMAZING lol
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cajunick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
Lol yea I'm going with the kenne bell 2.6 kit so the extra flow is perfect lol the standard trick flows will take a bone stock gt from 260 to 380 with just heads and stock cams then you add on the porting and it adds another 45-50 lol AMAZING lol
I must know more about this lol any sites with more info on those heads?
Cajunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Well all they are are trick flow twisted wedge heads that mmr ports and polishes to stage 3. I believe they cost around 3100. You can get stage 1-3 too do you don't have to go to outrageous if you don't feel like it
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
Re: HP??

mmmmm trick flow heads!! website??
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
t0t4lbl4ck0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 711
Www.modularmustangracing.com
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
Re: HP??

ok so im thinking to go with a turbo from on3performance.com seems legit
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: HP??

With adding 4:10 gears, you WILL notice a HUGE difference in the performance of your car, HUGE. My 2007 Mustang GT came with 3:31 gears (verified) and I changed to 4:10, and WOW.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« squeak | IAC Issues »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.