Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 9
Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Beware of Seller pro.comp and Mustang Warehouse..They are the same person. I bought a set of Steda spark plug wires and when i finally got them (he waited 7 days to send after i instantly paid him) the clamps that hold the wires to the Coil were all broken. I emailed him to try to straighten things up and he emailed me back telling me i broke them while installing on my car! Can you believe this guy? They are still sitting on my table and i can see this guy-asswipe, is not going to help me. So just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this Jerk.

With this all said and i have no choice but to try and use them, does anybody think they will stay on without clips to hold them to the Coil towers? Thanks for any input. Paul
__________________
RollinonGT
RollinonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dubya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alaska
Posts: 638
Always good to post *****head sells so know one else helps them make money... Use electrical tape maybe?
Dubya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torrbo916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 153
See if you can take the clips off of the old ones. It might be possible. I'm not exactly sure if it will work. Thanks for the heads up.
Torrbo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya11 View Post
Always good to post *****head sells so know one else helps them make money... Use electrical tape maybe?
Absolutely!

I won't treat my customers like that if anyone wants a bottle opener they ship quick and fast.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
Did you use PayPal? If so file a claim and either he'll make it right or you'll get your money back.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan1980 View Post
Did you use PayPal? If so file a claim and either he'll make it right or you'll get your money back.
^ yes file a claim with E-bay. I have only had to do so twice once as a buyer and once as a seller, but both times I've been successful. Note: save all correspondence with seller and fully summarize everything.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dancobra75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 205
Thanks for the heads up, and I think they will still work, just have to try and see
Dancobra75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 9
Re: Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Thanks for all the input... That being said i just realized there may be more than one Mustang Warehouse. This one is in Avon, NY. I did just file a claim with ebay & PayPal, but the problem with that is it seems that it will be a long tedious process, but we'll see what happens. @ Torrbo916, i thought about that but just can't figure out how to do it without cutting the wires, and don't know if that will affect quality & performance. I just hate the thought of spending my last dollar on wires just to end up tie-wraping or taping them on... Makes me want to take a road trip to NY and give this guy some Southern Hospitality untill his face is no longer recognizable.
__________________
RollinonGT
RollinonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Also make sure you give him negative feedback.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Absolutely!

I won't treat my customers like that if anyone wants a bottle opener they ship quick and fast.
yes they do!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

yes they do!
Yes they do treat you like that, or yes they do ship fast? Jk
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Just simply stating 99fords great customer service.he should work for AM lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torrbo916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rowland
Thanks for all the input... That being said i just realized there may be more than one Mustang Warehouse. This one is in Avon, NY. I did just file a claim with ebay & PayPal, but the problem with that is it seems that it will be a long tedious process, but we'll see what happens. @ Torrbo916, i thought about that but just can't figure out how to do it without cutting the wires, and don't know if that will affect quality & performance. I just hate the thought of spending my last dollar on wires just to end up tie-wraping or taping them on... Makes me want to take a road trip to NY and give this guy some Southern Hospitality untill his face is no longer recognizable.
If you have a Dremel or a very sharp knife find the thinnest part of the hard plasiic and slice it. The cut the bad ones off. Hopefully they aren't all broke. And practice thakeing the off the old wires and putting them on the old wires. If that works without breaking them see if the old wire you practiced on will stay clipped on the coil pack.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrbo916

If you have a Dremel or a very sharp knife find the thinnest part of the hard plasiic and slice it. The cut the bad ones off. Hopefully they aren't all broke. And practice thakeing the off the old wires and putting them on the old wires. If that works without breaking them see if the old wire you practiced on will stay clipped on the coil pack.
Use heat if needed.
Torrbo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 9
Re: Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Torrbo916, That is a very good idea and will give it a try. I think it will work if i take my time as the clips on the car now (originals) are in good strong shape to possibly reuse on new wires, and yes all but two he sent were broken. The only problem is now i need to wait and see if ebay makes me send them back after investigation.
__________________
RollinonGT
RollinonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torrbo916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rowland
Torrbo916, That is a very good idea and will give it a try. I think it will work if i take my time as the clips on the car now (originals) are in good strong shape to possibly reuse on new wires, and yes all but two he sent were broken. The only problem is now i need to wait and see if ebay makes me send them back after investigation.
Good luck. Hope it all gets worked out.
Torrbo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ninjasteffers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 460
If you paid him using PayPal contact them and eBay tell them what happened and they will look into it... Justin's done this a few times and he always gets his money back.
Ninjasteffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Beware of this ebay Seller/Con-artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rowland View Post
Torrbo916, That is a very good idea and will give it a try. I think it will work if i take my time as the clips on the car now (originals) are in good strong shape to possibly reuse on new wires, and yes all but two he sent were broken. The only problem is now i need to wait and see if ebay makes me send them back after investigation.
That part is true, hold on before Investigation is done, just in case.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rowland
Torrbo916, That is a very good idea and will give it a try. I think it will work if i take my time as the clips on the car now (originals) are in good strong shape to possibly reuse on new wires, and yes all but two he sent were broken. The only problem is now i need to wait and see if ebay makes me send them back after investigation.
To be honest I wouldn't mess with them even if you don't have to send them back.

I'm not sure what they do. I bought a cell phone that was listed as new, it wasn't new, I'm like not so fast. I did the same as you, & tried to work with the seller.

The seller said, send it back, I'll refund the money. I sent it back with tracking and everything, 2 weeks later no refund.

I filed a claim, 2 weeks later, Ebay rules in favor of me.

As a seller I had a buyer state the item arrived not as described. Well it was described and I offered a partial refund, buyer said no, I want a full. I said, partial plus shipping, nope. Filed a claim, Ebay allowed me to keep everything. I just keep a paper trail.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:13 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.