How make 350-400 rwhp N/A - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You want to make that much hp for cheap 351 or my personal favorite 460bbf, in other words swap a big liter push rod because by the time you make that 2v make 350 or 400 hp that car will no longer be streetable the only way I see you making that much power cheap is to add boost, spray or swap. At the shop I go to wich is owned by a friend they are building a 460 equiped sn95 v6 body donor.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Good luck with your build. I was like that to but my friend snapped me out of it before I did it and would disappointed

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow02gt

bull sh#t..

unless its a big bore stroker with 12:1 compression and spinning it 7500 rpms he did not sorry..

350 is fairly easy..anything over is a hassle..

you will need 11:5:1 or higher,light rotating assembly(stock crank prepped, i beams,good pistons)..for a all n/a motor you dont to spend money on a forged crank as they are heavier, dont need ported trickflow heads, some out the box trickflows cleaned up or some great ported pi heads,custom spec'd cams with some decent duration, eddy or trickflow intake(eddy with a 60601 and 90mm and jlt, trickflow(big single blade tb or dual) and some nice rpms behind it..but you can acutally get close to 350 with the stock pi intake.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

and to make over 400 it will be easier on a 2v to go eddy intake and a carb..

cprblue on corral made like 420 or so with his 2v..but compression is 12:1.race ported trickflow heads from rick at foxlake,acutally had some off the shelf comp 278s, eddy intake with carb,i beam rods,(forgot what pistons) stock race prepped stock crank(for light weight and decent rpms) and e85..
MMR 600 4.6 V2 Long block with there stage 3 package make 400 plus at the wheel and its the same exact set up as the one my friend mustang has...the v2 can make 400 without a Supercharger or Turbocharger it just take the right set up...trick flow stage 3 ported heads alone will add 70 hp plus...MMR I'm sure knows what there talking about and what there doing and Lethal Performance the shop who did my friend car dynoed his car & it made 400 with his set up & there tune
504 Stang Rida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Stang Rida

MMR 600 4.6 V2 Long block with there stage 3 package make 400 plus at the wheel and its the same exact set up as the one my friend mustang has...the v2 can make 400 without a Supercharger or Turbocharger it just take the right set up...trick flow stage 3 ported heads alone will add 70 hp plus...MMR I'm sure knows what there talking about and what there doing and Lethal Performance the shop who did my friend car dynoed his car & it made 400 with his set up & there tune
The mmr 600 longblock with that tfs heads will cost around 6.5k might as well build that shortblock and get a on3 turbo kit for that price and have 600hp instead of only 400 lol it can be done but its way to much money for the power it will make. Trust me I know about budget builds lol 847whp for 11k

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
A buddy of mine put down 620hp on his '96 GT!.. Of course that was with a Vortec SC!.. But at least 400 of that had to be motor!.. So ya a 400hp NA motor is possible but it will pricey!.. He said he stopped adding up his parts receipts after hitting $9,000!!....
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: How make 350-400 rwhp N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Stang Rida View Post

lol...ok well if you really think he did show me a dyno sheet...no give me his name and i will call and talk to lethal myself lol...

trickflow heads will not gain 70hp.....dont know where you be reading this stuff at or get your info from...have you even talked to alot of the guys that answer the phone for mmr? they dont even have a mustang lol.. so please stop posting bad info b4. Since your doubting my info anybody thats reading what your posting is more than welcome to call mmr and talk to grant(sales manager) or mark the owner and ask about this setup lol..cuz obviously you must be smoking some of lil wayne's weed or something over there in the boot lmao

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
The mmr 600 longblock with that tfs heads will cost around 6.5k might as well build that shortblock and get a on3 turbo kit for that price and have 600hp instead of only 400 lol it can be done but its way to much money for the power it will make. Trust me I know about budget builds lol 847whp for 11k
im curious to what was the cars setup to make 847? for 11k?
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It can be be done with ported trickflows. I'm NA 330+ whp and thats without trick flows and a mild cam.
Jlt00bluegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow02gt

lol...ok well if you really think he did show me a dyno sheet...no give me his name and i will call and talk to lethal myself lol...

trickflow heads will not gain 70hp.....dont know where you be reading this stuff at or get your info from...have you even talked to alot of the guys that answer the phone for mmr? they dont even have a mustang lol.. so please stop posting bad info b4. Since your doubting my info anybody thats reading what your posting is more than welcome to call mmr and talk to grant(sales manager) or mark the owner and ask about this setup lol..cuz obviously you must be smoking some of lil wayne's weed or something over there in the boot lmao

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

im curious to what was the cars setup to make 847? for 11k?
Termi block
Mmr 1000 RA on sale
P&P pi
Custom turbo cams ($350)
On3 turbo kit
Tial bov&wg (from last car)
turbo (from last car) gt42rs
Full fuel system from pumps to injectors aeromotive
Edy intake manifold
Edy elbow
Accufab 90mm tb
Alky meth
Vspec trans (free)
Maf (free)
Dss drive shaft
Locker(free)
Zex nitrous plate
Bottle to spool and cool
There are other little stuff that I can't recall but still not more than 12k and I got the gt shell for near free.

Sold it for 22.5k minus vspec trans

Getting a gt500 just waiting for the right one TTGT500 in the near future and ill stop right there till I get the ford gt money lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT