Just some Qs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
Just some Qs

So around tax time I wanna buy the Borla s type cat back that is on AM anyone have it? Opinions?

And I wanna lower my car AM offered isolators when u buy springs what do they isolators do? And do u need them?

And there is a I think professional products TB on jegs anyone know anything about the quality of professional products?

2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Region: Tennessee
Re: Just some Qs

ill answer in order

1. borlas sound fine on GTs

2. you don't have to use isolators...they can keep the springs from squeaking, but so does a tiny bit of electric tape on the ends. also it's up to you but why not just cut your springs....

and before i get people talking about ricers or something stupid..understand i have cut more stangs springs then i can count on my hands..i have run 2 mustangs with cut oe springs...and cut oe springs transfer weight great and is used on one of the fastest N/A new edge GTs i know down the 1/4 (not a member here but on MM)....because i swear if i had a dollar for every uninformed guy to talk down on cut springs i'd have a downpayment on a new 5.0....the sad part is 99% of the guys that do down talk it have never personally worked with a set...and the 1% that has usually have only worked with an improperly cut spring

if you'd like a write up i can link you to some...along with pics

3. i wouldn't waste your money on just a new TB...without a plenum to match you're not doing anything...look into the BBK plenum/tb combo

if you have any questions concerning how to properly cut springs just pm me...

SonicBoom239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
I would like a link to the cut springs! Ive been wanting to do that to my Stang
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Region: Texas
Lowered springs aren't even expensive. I've done cut springs before, I would never do it again. I guess if you plan to drive in a strait line it's ok. IMO. I wouldn't halfass anything on my car.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
It's ok to cut springs as long as you know how to do it correctly. If you look at an uncut spring notice the top is flat and it doesn't just continue to curl upwards you have to make sure you cut it properly and level. So cut springs are ok if done properly but whatever you do DO NOT HEAT THEM UP that is the dumbest thing someone could ever do
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT