Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Engine Rebuild

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  00GT TURBO 
#1 ·
I Finally Got My Money Right To Start My Engine Rebuild...My Goal Is To Max My Engine Horsepower Output Before Turbo Charging It Down The Line...Also Should I Have Anything Done To My Engine Block Before I Add The New Parts? This Is All I'm Going With So Far

Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads

Trick Flow Stage 3 Cams

BBK Dual Intake Manifold

Steeda Underdrive Pulleys

MMR 900 Forged Internals

Ford Racing 42lb Fuel Injectors

Mezier Electric Water Pump

Ford Racing 4:10 Gears

SLP Long Tube Header,X-Pipe

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust

K&N C.A.I

See less See more
#2 ·
The blocks on mod motors are pretty robust. However, since your spending that much time on the top end, if it was mine, I would have the block magnafluxed, decked & blueprinted. At the same time I would beef up the rotating assembly with a Terminator forged crank, forged H-beam rods and new slugs (pistons). All of these components should be balanced an blueprinted. Update your oil pan, pump and pick up. Use ARP studs to secure the heads to the block along with high quality MLS gaskets.

Post some pics when you can and good luck!

#3 ·
i your really lost on your build....

what is maxing out your engine output..their is acutally no such thing lol.. your not going to make alot of hp n/a when your building the car for boost. if you want a nasty n/a motor you need to raise the compression at least 11:5:1 and go with a good intake and rpms..but since your building it for boost here where your a lil lost

for 1 you picking the wrong cams for a turbo car.you need to pick turbo cams if your planing on makeing some great power when boosted

2. your car will be a turbo with 4.10s and a turbo..you need less gear with a turbo not more..so go with 3.55,3.27(stock), 3.31s

cant use longtubes with a turbo car so may as well sell them if you got them and put or just put them on now i guess and just swap everything when you go turbo

bbk never came out with their intake so dont know where you got that from.

or do you just want to just build a motor for now and you will change everything a few years down the road for when you go turbo? if so you need to pick cams besides the stage 3 trickflows they are just to big and really arent spec's that well....

your not going to make 360+rwhp and then put a turbo on it and run it on pump gas on a motor with decently high compression...so you gotta pic are you going to build a n/a motor or a turbo motor...you can raise your compression to about 10:1 and still throw a turbo on it..my compression on my motor is 10:1 and i have an billet 80mm going on it and it will still be able to do about 15lbs on pump gas..and sky is the limit on race gas..

#4 ·
slow02gt said:

what is maxing out your engine output..their is acutally no such thing lol.. your not going to make alot of hp n/a when your building the car for boost. if you want a nasty n/a motor you need to raise the compression at least 11:5:1 and go with a good intake and rpms..but since your building it for boost here where your a lil lost

for 1 you picking the wrong cams for a turbo car.you need to pick turbo cams if your planing on makeing some great power when boosted

2. your car will be a turbo with 4.10s and a turbo..you need less gear with a turbo not more..so go with 3.55,3.27(stock), 3.31s

cant use longtubes with a turbo car so may as well sell them if you got them and put or just put them on now i guess and just swap everything when you go turbo

or do you just want to just build a motor for now and you will change everything a few years down the road for when you go turbo? if so you need to pick cams besides the stage 3 trickflows they are just to big and really arent spec's that well....

your not going to make 360+rwhp and then put a turbo on it and run it on pump gas on a motor with decently high compression...so you gotta pic are you going to build a n/a motor or a turbo motor...you can raise your compression to about 10:1 and still throw a turbo on it..my compression on my motor is 10:1 and i have an billet 80mm going on it and it will still be able to do about 15lbs on pump gas..and sky is the limit on race gas..
I'm rebuilding it for now just to get as much hp as I can off the engine before turbo charging it a year from now these upgrades here are going to run me between 9-10 k because I'm also upgrading my suspension

#5 ·
slow02gt said:

Plus 1.

Your literally wasting thousands of dollars of you plan on putting boost to your car. I would up grade the suspension for now. Save a few more months and do everything including the turbo. All in all good luck with the build.

#6 ·
Brett Greene said:
Plus 1.

Your literally wasting thousands of dollars of you plan on putting boost to your car. I would up grade the suspension for now. Save a few more months and do everything including the turbo. All in all good luck with the build.
That's what I did with mine saved for a few years actually and got everything done at once from the motor to the rear end including the turbo very expensive but it was done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.