Well car is totaled... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well car is totaled...

I was stopped waiting to make a left & some lady in a brand new Infiniti rear ended me! She had to have been on the phone or something to not see me! I was completely stopped!

Looks worse in person but the car is tweaked.. The whole quarter panel shifted in to the passenger door..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1430808019.png
Views:	159
Size:	530.1 KB
ID:	36952   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-679993634.png
Views:	161
Size:	637.9 KB
ID:	36953  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1942814683.png
Views:	146
Size:	728.2 KB
ID:	36954  
96 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 stang
I was stopped waiting to make a left & some lady in a brand new Infiniti rear ended me! She had to have been on the phone or something to not see me! I was completely stopped!

Looks worse in person but the car is tweaked.. The whole quarter panel shifted in to the passenger door..
That sucks! Did the cops cite her and all? I sure hope her insurance has to cover this. This happened to me in my 2 month old Stang (2005 car, but only 2 months since I bought it) this summer. I got knocked out, so the other driver who T boned me while running a light was able to chase off the witnesses and lie to the police. They did not ticket him. An investigation completely cleared me of any fault, but the only way I could get any $$ is to hire a lawyer and sue him. I had to eat a $3000 downpayment on that car, medical bills, the downpayment on my new car... It's been horrible. My insurance company has been really fair, but still.

I'd hate to see that happen to you if you can prevent it. Sorry for your loss!
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it sucks. It was my first car, I've had it for a year.. The lady said she was at fault & her insurance is giving me $6200 & taking the car. I had the option to keep it but it's not worth it. They are already trying to close the claim but I've been having some neck pain so we are going to keep it open as long as we can. I went & took x-rays today. We called a cop to get a police report but they just told us "if no one is hurt we don't have to go there" (my neck wasn't hurting until the next day).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Wow 6200 for 96 stang I take it and run like forest gump. Lol.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Well car is totaled...

Wow, that sucks. Hope everyone is okay.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Should have taken car back for a few hundred bucks. Parting out you could've made money. I'd take the hood off your hands.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 stang
Yea it sucks. It was my first car, I've had it for a year.. The lady said she was at fault & her insurance is giving me $6200 & taking the car. I had the option to keep it but it's not worth it. They are already trying to close the claim but I've been having some neck pain so we are going to keep it open as long as we can. I went & took x-rays today. We called a cop to get a police report but they just told us "if no one is hurt we don't have to go there" (my neck wasn't hurting until the next day).
I just totaled my last car and the car I hit. Wasn't my fault I hit a guy crossing the highway he must of not seen me at all. I hit him going 70mph. I knocked him unconscious because his air bags didn't deploy in his pos early 90's Honda. I was pretty lucky the air bag hit my arm left me with a big scar and my hand went threw the windshield. Anyway his insurance covered everything. I didn't goto the hospital til the next day. You need to call her insurance and til them your in pain and going to the doctor they have no choice but to cover it or u will hire a lawyer. When mine was all said and done I got back 3k for my car and 9k for my injury part of the claim. My claim was open for over a month the longer you can keep it open the better don't settle til your pain free.
Cajunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Oh wow

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I hope you aren't hurt. 6200 will net you another nice mustang at least. I have a buddy who commutes in a 95 civic hatch, just painted it, and he got rear ended by a f-150 while at a dead stop. Progressive offered 3000 to cover his lost wages, medical bills, and his totaled car. (the hatch itself was touching the back of his seat). Neck brace, can't work because he's a tech at Subaru. Insurance companies are evil. Good thing he hired a lawyer!
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

some wild stories , bro ,,,,
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Damn man sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for you and your neck gets better.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
6200 pony dollars! Run forest! Run! And whiplash usually stats hurting within 24 hrs. The cop suppose to file regardless if anyone was hurt (I thing)
Gtif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah tell the other insurance company immediately that you went to the doctor. Insurance companies try to cut every corner they can. Dont take any low ball offers and stand your ground. Sorry to hear about your stang, but with 6200 you can get a newer and pretty nice stang. You can prob get one under 100k or 90k.

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it's good I got $6200 but I had just finished a complete "Pi" swap the week before I got hit. Oh well at least no one got seriously hurt.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Damn bro. That rly does sucks... Thats the worst when you put of bunch of work into something and then its taken away. Glad to hear ur okay, can't say I'm too worried about the person who hit ur car tho lmao

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

***IMPORTANT******

All this talk of having the insurance company take car of your medical bills is crazy talk. They will lowball you and want to give you what THEY think will cover your medical expenses. Dont go this route......this has happened to me a couple times and the pain always comes the next few days. What you need to do is go see a accident lawyer and they will handle everything. You won't have to lift a finger and you will be able to seek medical treatment and physical therapy without paying a dime up front. Once the insurance company gets contact from your lawyer they will fold and know that you mean business and all your bills will be paid for plus lost time from work and any pain and suffering. The lawyer will take a percent out of the settlement so there will be no need to worry about his bill either.

Only thing is you can't wait around to do this. I would suggest getting on the phone today and leaving some messages for a accident lawyer explaining your situation. I would also call that lady's insurance company and tell them to leave the case open because there will be a lawyer contacting them. We pay high insurance for a reason so don't feel like you are screwing someone over by getting a lawyer. Make them pay for the damage their insured driver cause to your vehicle and to you physically.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I agree with this^^^^^. I was hit by a semi in February that totalled my stang. I got my self a lawyer. He handled everything. I wasn't hurt but my mom was, all her hospital bills and 6 months of physical therapy were paid for. They gave me the value of my car and we were compensated for lost wages. My mom also got money for pain and suffering. We never had to do a single thing except just show the lawyer all the bills and give him any information he needed.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Legal is allways a pain in the a$$ but unfortunatlly the corporations insurance companies and government has made it impossable to get what your owed with out a fight. U know what they say u only have the right u fight for! So never stop fighting them... Ever!
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #19
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

The legal part won't be a pain because the lawyer will handle it all.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT