Mustang Evolution Forum banner

All bolt ons and only one made a diff.

11K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Eturner 
#1 ·
Lost every bolt on and tune on my 02 gt and the only one after hundreds of $$ that made any change were the gears? WTF

#6 ·
Throttle body, maf, plenum cold air intake catbacks 1/4 " bigger. All 70mm bolt ons typhoon intake tuner. Ran at the track but got the same ET. installed the 373 gears and shaved .54 off ET that what I was saying only the gears made a difference. However everything else did make it sound better. But. Performance wise nothing.

#7 ·
I don't know how that's even possible. Everything you listed here would have made a huge difference. Free air flow plus volume of flow will always make a difference. I know a guy that put a 78mm bbk throttlebody on his 02 and it made a huge difference by itself. There has to be something wrong here because you should have been somewhere near 30+ hp up from stock and you would definitely feel that much power.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

You need to invest in a tuner. You will realize the real power of your car after its tuned. Even with just a cai and a tune you gain massive hp for the money but without the tune it doesn't do much at all.

#8 ·
t0t4lbl4ck0ut said:
I don't know how that's even possible. Everything you listed here would have made a huge difference. Free air flow plus volume of flow will always make a difference. I know a guy that put a 78mm bbk throttlebody on his 02 and it made a huge difference by itself. There has to be something wrong here because you should have been somewhere near 30+ hp up from stock and you would definitely feel that much power.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

You need to invest in a tuner. You will realize the real power of your car after its tuned. Even with just a cai and a tune you gain massive hp for the money but without the tune it doesn't do much at all.
+1...
A lot of these bolt ons are dyno tested and proven to give some kind of gain. A car that makes 260HP stock is going to have a noticable difference with at least 25 horses worth of bolt ons.

#9 ·
I have a dioblo predator tune and I even modified the perameters and gave it advance timing but made no difference its stumbles a little at 4k rpm so i let of fearing detonation. before stock and after bolt ons. Just made it sound better

#11 ·
Gtif said:
I have a dioblo predator tune and I even modified the perameters and gave it advance timing but made no difference its stumbles a little at 4k rpm so i let of fearing detonation. before stock and after bolt ons. Just made it sound better
Get it tuned by a professional. I guarantee you'll see some good numbers.

#15 ·
When I advanced the timing on the tuner to 10 degrees or more at the track is sputtered a little after the 60' mark so I backed off the throttle and reset the tune back to the original performance set tune. I'm ready to believe that the dioblo sport was a waste of time and money and should of agent with the calx that most stings use. Seems that modified perameters are not functioning like they claim it would. I even changed the fuel ratio a considerable amount and no smoke came from the tailpipes which led me to beleave it's a crap and is only good for tires, gears, traction control, tourque shift pressure and rev limiter.

#16 ·
Gtif said:
When I advanced the timing on the tuner to 10 degrees or more at the track is sputtered a little after the 60' mark so I backed off the throttle and reset the tune back to the original performance set tune. I'm ready to believe that the dioblo sport was a waste of time and money and should of agent with the calx that most stings use. Seems that modified perameters are not functioning like they claim it would. I even changed the fuel ratio a considerable amount and no smoke came from the tailpipes which led me to beleave it's a crap and is only good for tires, gears, traction control, tourque shift pressure and rev limiter.
I did just what you did on my '04 GT and noticed a nice difference!.. And I've got the DiabloSport Predator!..

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

You might have changed your fuel too much possibly??...

#18 ·
Gtif said:
I changed the fuel ratio just to see if a changed would accure and that means smoke comeing from the tail pipes. And nothing shown that it was running too rich. Nice and clean wasn't what was suppose to happen.
Smoke from your tailpipes is bad!.. So I'm not sure really why you would want to see that!.. And your car can still run rich or lean and not smoke!.. Most especially if you still have cats on your car which would the greatly reduce your smoking effect!.. Lol.

#19 ·
Eturner said:
Smoke from your tailpipes is bad!.. So I'm not sure really why you would want to see that!.. And your car can still run rich or lean and not smoke!.. Most especially if you still have cats on your car which would the greatly reduce your smoking effect!.. Lol.
He made the a/f rich, which should have produced smoke. It's trouble shooting

#20 ·
deadsp0t said:
He made the a/f rich, which should have produced smoke. It's trouble shooting
Not sure why you would want to use that method to trouble shoot but ok!.. Lol. But like I said to, you can have your car run rich and still not see any visible smoke!.. Doing some track side tunning once and I had mine running really rich before there was a hint of smoke!.. But there was plenty of black crape inside my tail pipes at the end of the night!.. And that is actually a better way to tell if your running a bit rich!.. Also if your running an after market exhaust and your pipes are clamped together, check those areas dormant black soot!.. If it's all welded together then it will blow out your tails!..

#21 ·
Eturner said:
Not sure why you would want to use that method to trouble shoot but ok!.. Lol. But like I said to, you can have your car run rich and still not see any visible smoke!.. Doing some track side tunning once and I had mine running really rich before there was a hint of smoke!.. But there was plenty of black crape inside my tail pipes at the end of the night!.. And that is actually a better way to tell if your running a bit rich!.. Also if your running an after market exhaust and your pipes are clamped together, check those areas dormant black soot!.. If it's all welded together then it will blow out your tails!..
Rich won't hurt the motor, lean will. He is trying to tell if the tuner is working like it says.. Pretty simple really.

#24 ·
Eturner said:
If your running rich over time it to will foul up your engine!.. Generally not as fast as running lean but still!..
Dude, he made a drastic change in the a/f trying get the car to react to it instantly not wait a month. What he did was smart, safe, and easy to correct. It's called troubleshooting.. Geez..

#25 ·
I will say you need to lose the typhoon intake manifold. I lost solid 25hp with intake. And same with another buddy. I went back to the stock intake mani and got my power back. I was fighting for months about where my power went after the install. That intake is made more for heavier modified cars apparently. I'd suggest changing that.

#26 ·
deadsp0t said:
Dude, he made a drastic change in the a/f trying get the car to react to it instantly not wait a month. What he did was smart, safe, and easy to correct. It's called troubleshooting.. Geez..
Dude!.. Chill!.. It's ok!.. Lol. Like I said before I did some thing similar!.. It's just not good to run it too rich for to long!.. A little bit on the rich side won't hurt it!.. Alot though will foul it up!.. Nothing wrong with playing around with your settings on your tuner a bit!.. I do it just about every time I go to the track!.. It's just now I don't mess with the a/f ratio any more!..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.