my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Do you know the full history of the cobra? Was it modded, if so what mods and who installed the mods/tuning?

Those cars are very dependent on solid tuning and proper installation of aftermarket parts. Even if it's someone you know I'd still get a full history on the car.

The cobra miles are slightly high for my taste but a *****in car either way...I think if both cars are clean you're winning no matter which one you get
Both of the have the carfax, im really thinking about them.... But the 2013 gt has like 420 hp, that way more then the cobra. I really dont know wat to do now
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Berbantor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 133
2013 gt if it won't hurt ur budget. Thinking about trading in the mach and my gt. For 2013 gt.
__________________
2001 gt, 5speed. 70mm throttle body with stackracing plenum. bbk intake, 4.10 eaton posi, short shifter, o/r side exhuast.
Berbantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia

Both of the have the carfax, im really thinking about them.... But the 2013 gt has like 420 hp, that way more then the cobra. I really dont know wat to do now
Thats where my head is. Newer, more power, lots of potential, its the deluxe, and it isnt a convertible lol
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbantor
2013 gt if it won't hurt ur budget. Thinking about trading in the mach and my gt. For 2013 gt.
Really both of them? Wat is the price range in the 2013 gt?????
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
504gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia

Really both of them? Wat is the price range in the 2013 gt?????
Usually start around 30k
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504gt

Usually start around 30k
Wow thats good, i think ill wait n get the 2013
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
504gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 100
Re: my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia View Post
Wow thats good, i think ill wait n get the 2013
it all depends on the state really, ive seen boss 302's go for 45k, but the ford dealer here has a regular black w/ red stripes boss going for 75k
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504gt

it all depends on the state really, ive seen boss 302's go for 45k, but the ford dealer here has a regular black w/ red stripes boss going for 75k
Really??? Thats a huge, huge difference...i have to look around cause here in cali i bet it would be for 75k
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
504gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 100
Re: my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia View Post
Really??? Thats a huge, huge difference...i have to look around cause here in cali i bet it would be for 75k
yeah they also got a roush stage 3 going for 85k, crazy *** prices lol, good thing he doesnt have a gt500 on the lot i can only imagine the price
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504gt

yeah they also got a roush stage 3 going for 85k, crazy *** prices lol, good thing he doesnt have a gt500 on the lot i can only imagine the price
Lol i know hah it would be over 100k lol. **** those guys
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504gt View Post
yeah they also got a roush stage 3 going for 85k, crazy *** prices lol, good thing he doesnt have a gt500 on the lot i can only imagine the price
Can someone say markup
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia View Post
Both of the have the carfax, im really thinking about them.... But the 2013 gt has like 420 hp, that way more then the cobra. I really dont know wat to do now
Carfax reports really only go so far...only incidents filed as claims are part of the history. Someone could have a fender bender, pay cash to replace the bumper, headlight and radiator support and you'd never know.

A carfax would tell me minimal info about that Cobra. You'd basically want receipts and documentation of any installs and tuning done to the car.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Carfax reports really only go so far...only incidents filed as claims are part of the history. Someone could have a fender bender, pay cash to replace the bumper, headlight and radiator support and you'd never know.

A carfax would tell me minimal info about that Cobra. You'd basically want receipts and documentation of any installs and tuning done to the car.
Really???? I thought a carfax would tell u everything!!! So how would i know if the car is in a dealership??? They dont got receipts, so it could be salvage too? Cause they could just pay cash to fix it?
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia View Post
Really???? I thought a carfax would tell u everything!!! So how would i know if the car is in a dealership??? They dont got receipts, so it could be salvage too? Cause they could just pay cash to fix it?
No not everything..ownership changes, lien fullfilments, service records and mileage will most likely show, but any unreported work will not.

I believe in order for a dealership to sell a vehicle it has to be titled, so if it were a salvage title they would have to disclose that and it should show up on a carfax.

The carfax will not tell the "condition" of the car. If the transmission is shot it won't be on there...you will have to find that out thru either a test drive or by having someone inspect it.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

No not everything..ownership changes, lien fullfilments, service records and mileage will most likely show, but any unreported work will not.

I believe in order for a dealership to sell a vehicle it has to be titled, so if it were a salvage title they would have to disclose that and it should show up on a carfax.

The carfax will not tell the "condition" of the car. If the transmission is shot it won't be on there...you will have to find that out thru either a test drive or by having someone inspect it.
I have a sct tunner, i could just plug it in.... It would tell me all the codes!!!
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: my 04 gt, vs 03 cobra and 2011 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia View Post
I have a sct tunner, i could just plug it in.... It would tell me all the codes!!!
Hmm, interesting..
Does the tuner have to be unlocked in order to simply read codes? I know in order to upload tunes on another vehicle it has to be unlocked which returns the current vehicle back to its stock tune.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia

I have a sct tunner, i could just plug it in.... It would tell me all the codes!!!
Unless its a code that takes a little while to pop back up. Some codes require the "trip" parameters to hit more than once before it throws a code, therefore you can delete the codes prior to a short test drive and get away with it. EVAP codes are like that, not sure what else.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

Unless its a code that takes a little while to pop back up. Some codes require the "trip" parameters to hit more than once before it throws a code, therefore you can delete the codes prior to a short test drive and get away with it. EVAP codes are like that, not sure what else.
Yeah i think ur right, cause last week i erased th check engine light in my car, but it would still showed as yellow that the cats werent in good condition. It was my aftermarket x pipe. Went back to stock for the smog

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Hmm, interesting..
Does the tuner have to be unlocked in order to simply read codes? I know in order to upload tunes on another vehicle it has to be unlocked which returns the current vehicle back to its stock tune.
I really dont know man, but it works for any car n any model
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Berbantor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 133
At my ford dealership 2012 gt 500 r going for little under 60k. Yea trust me wait and get the 2013 gt. Go onto ford.com. look at it looks mean. Diff tail lights. And comes wit a 4.3 inch screen that tells u stuff about ur Car. I think its 4.3.
__________________
2001 gt, 5speed. 70mm throttle body with stackracing plenum. bbk intake, 4.10 eaton posi, short shifter, o/r side exhuast.
Berbantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #55
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
$23,000 for a '11 GT! That's pretty good. I still owe about that much and I've had mine almost 2 years.

I vote GT!!!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinknoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia
So 3 votes for the cobra and 3 for the GT,,, wat about for this one.... $30,000 with 12,947 miles...camaro SS
I hate the look of camaros. It's too boxy for my liking. And it weighs almost 2 tons.
__________________
65 Mustang coupe
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
secomejia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: California
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll

I hate the look of camaros. It's too boxy for my liking. And it weighs almost 2 tons.
Lol it was just a joke bro... Lol **** camaros..... Im a mustang lover lol
secomejia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
austinknoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by secomejia

Lol it was just a joke bro... Lol **** camaros..... Im a mustang lover lol
Haha I know man
__________________
65 Mustang coupe
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.