Blow Through vs. Draw Through, HELP!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Blow Through vs. Draw Through, HELP!!

Hey guys, i recently picked up a V1 T-trim kit with aftercooler and a few other little things. My question is, should i convert to a blow through set up or should i just keep my draw through? What are the pros and cons of each? and finally, if i do convert, what meter should do you recomend??
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
There are no pros or cons for either system. I kept my factory system intact with an oil separator with catch. What year is your car because if it has the heated style PVC valve then you need to add an Aditional pcv valve in line because the factory heated pcv does not completely close under boost causing oil to suck into your intake manifold. I can't remember the exact pcv valve vortech recommended but it's off an old turbo coupe tbird. Call tech support and they will tell you. The open system with a breather will cause your car to always smell like oil. Hope that helps.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I used a lightning MAF with my vortech. Thats the cheaper route. Next time im going blow thru. Tune is more precise an you done have to deal with the maf down in the wheel well. I had problems with my power pipe coming loose the the blower and just got tired of it. I would not go back to stock vortech intake and loose boost so i stuck the the power pipe. Next time it will be a nice filter right on the blower, no pipe for the intake so the sct ba5000 blowthru maf will be my choice
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla
There are no pros or cons for either system. I kept my factory system intact with an oil separator with catch. What year is your car because if it has the heated style PVC valve then you need to add an Aditional pcv valve in line because the factory heated pcv does not completely close under boost causing oil to suck into your intake manifold. I can't remember the exact pcv valve vortech recommended but it's off an old turbo coupe tbird. Call tech support and they will tell you. The open system with a breather will cause your car to always smell like oil. Hope that helps.
My car is a 2000. I've never heard of this??

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickstang01
I used a lightning MAF with my vortech. Thats the cheaper route. Next time im going blow thru. Tune is more precise an you done have to deal with the maf down in the wheel well. I had problems with my power pipe coming loose the the blower and just got tired of it. I would not go back to stock vortech intake and loose boost so i stuck the the power pipe. Next time it will be a nice filter right on the blower, no pipe for the intake so the sct ba5000 blowthru maf will be my choice
So all I need to do is get that sct blowthru and then put it after the charger? That's it?? And a tune of course..
Old 01-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well you will probably have to weld it in after tue aftercooler, the iat sensor should be there as well. So depending on the Maf you use for the blowthru you might need a bung welded and probably a plug adapter
Old 01-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So would I be better off just to keep my draw thru? The only reason I considered the blow thru was so I could hear my bov
Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

In order to use a blow off rather than a bypass valve you will need to go blow thru. Otherwise you are venting calculated air to the atmosphere. Draw thru needs to be recirculated
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I know. That why I was contemplating switching

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT