The list - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The list

Here is the List of things that I want to put on my Mustang, can you guys let me know if this is good for now? Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1436343471.png
Views:	233
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	37611
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Looks pretty good. I wouldnt go with the stage 3 clutch if you do much city driving. Too aggressive. A stage 2 is enough. For the power you will be making. Never been a fan of spec either somehow.

Do you already have a bama tuner or were you planning on a full dyno tune after the cams?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude
Looks pretty good. I wouldnt go with the stage 3 clutch if you do much city driving. Too aggressive. A stage 2 is enough. For the power you will be making. Never been a fan of spec either somehow.

Do you already have a bama tuner or were you planning on a full dyno tune after the cams?
No.. I was told to tune after mods so I wouldn't be spending money for nothing. But I guess you're I'll probably get a stage 2 clutch, I have a king cobra clutch or whatever but not sure what stage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901

No.. I was told to tune after mods so I wouldn't be spending money for nothing. But I guess you're I'll probably get a stage 2 clutch, I have a king cobra clutch or whatever but not sure what stage
I had one of those king cobra clutches in my 96gt. Good clutch actually. It probably would be ok with ur new setup. Its pretty beefy and I think there rated for 400lbft.

I would recommend the bama tuner tho. Check with them and see if they are confident they can write you a good tune. You don't wanna end up running lean on that fresh cam swap and with the bigger tb and better flowing air it could happen. 379$ is cheap for decent tunes if you plan to keep modding. If your going to be a couple years before more serious mods then just dyno tune it. Big bucks but its the best tune.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

What clutch do you prefer through? And yea I was gonna add more mods.. I'm going to try and get it supercharger ready, so there's still alot of stuff I will need to do in order to make that possible
Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What clutch do you prefer through? And yea I was gonna add more mods.. I'm going to try and get it supercharger ready, so there's still alot of stuff I will need to do in order to make that possible
Well, I like the kc clutch as stated and I've got a ram hd stage 2 ?(ram stage 2 whatever they call it) in my mach 1. It seems prettt solid and grabs hard enough to chirp third.

If your planning on a blower why not a stage 2 cam?

Honestly I would suggest a lower end kit. Forged internals, mayb a little punch and a stroker kit? Lots of good forged stroker kits out there.
The stock bottom end will probably take 6 psi fairly long term but not much past that. Should get you close to 360rw with the cam. With a forged kit, you could run 18psi and hit the 5-600 rw range pretty easily.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well, I like the kc clutch as stated and I've got a ram hd stage 2 ?(ram stage 2 whatever they call it) in my mach 1. It seems prettt solid and grabs hard enough to chirp third.

If your planning on a blower why not a stage 2 cam?

Honestly I would suggest a lower end kit. Forged internals, mayb a little punch and a stroker kit? Lots of good forged stroker kits out there.
The stock bottom end will probably take 6 psi fairly long term but not much past that. Should get you close to 360rw with the cam. With a forged kit, you could run 18psi and hit the 5-600 rw range pretty easily.
Dude my brain is like ??? There's still alot for me to learn as far as terms and stuff... So about psi, what is that exactly and the "little punch" you were speaking of?

And how much does a good to almost the best stroked kits run?

And are you saying if I got stage 2 cams + good forged stroked kits + supercharger + the mods on the list + dunk tuned = somewhere around the 500-600 rear wheel horsepower??? Lol
Old 01-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude my brain is like ??? There's still alot for me to learn as far as terms and stuff... So about psi, what is that exactly and the "little punch" you were speaking of?

And how much does a good to almost the best stroked kits run?

And are you saying if I got stage 2 cams + good forged stroked kits + supercharger + the mods on the list + dunk tuned = somewhere around the 500-600 rear wheel horsepower??? Lol
Haha. Yeah there is alot of stuff to do and learn. A forged stroker kit is a lower end kit that lengthens tge stroke of each cylinder slightly. A little punch is a reference to boreing out the engine. Most forged stroker kits are at least. 020 over but some go bigger. You also have to decide what you want to do compression ratio wise. Higher the compression ratio, the more power, however you will have to run less boost with a higher compression ratio. Good stroker kits good for 900hp are anywhere from 1000$ to $2500 depending on how you spec them. The next step is the cams. If ur gonna blow it, might as well get blower cams. Then when your ready to blow it your bullet proof and can start to make huge power. Although you will probably want to look into some head work as well. Either replace the whole top end or just get it all ported. You could easily hit 500rw with a forged stroker kit, a f1a procharger, cams, little head work and a dyno tune. Next step is drive train. Your gonna be looking for a tko600 or tr56 transmission, aluminum driveshaft. 31 spline rear end, beefed up posi, the works haha. Such an endless money pit. Oh and don't forget the brakes and suspension!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
What are your plans for the car? I mean like road course, drag strip, street warrior etc... Some of those k-member kits are designed for the drag strip and some are designed for the road course. You've got a good list goin there, I agree that you wouldn't need the stage 3 clutch.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha. Yeah there is alot of stuff to do and learn. A forged stroker kit is a lower end kit that lengthens tge stroke of each cylinder slightly. A little punch is a reference to boreing out the engine. Most forged stroker kits are at least. 020 over but some go bigger. You also have to decide what you want to do compression ratio wise. Higher the compression ratio, the more power, however you will have to run less boost with a higher compression ratio. Good stroker kits good for 900hp are anywhere from 1000$ to $2500 depending on how you spec them. The next step is the cams. If ur gonna blow it, might as well get blower cams. Then when your ready to blow it your bullet proof and can start to make huge power. Although you will probably want to look into some head work as well. Either replace the whole top end or just get it all ported. You could easily hit 500rw with a forged stroker kit, a f1a procharger, cams, little head work and a dyno tune. Next step is drive train. Your gonna be looking for a tko600 or tr56 transmission, aluminum driveshaft. 31 spline rear end, beefed up posi, the works haha. Such an endless money pit. Oh and don't forget the brakes and suspension!
Man!! Lol well that just pretty much showed me the direction I need to be headed. Thanks alot man seems as though you know more than alot about mods and things. I'll be asking you so many questions about different stuff, but only if that's cool with you? I supposed to be joining the military so I'm hoping it doesn't take me that long to get the money I need to do all of this!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Man!! Lol well that just pretty much showed me the direction I need to be headed. Thanks alot man seems as though you know more than alot about mods and things. I'll be asking you so many questions about different stuff, but only if that's cool with you? I supposed to be joining the military so I'm hoping it doesn't take me that long to get the money I need to do all of this!
I'm happy to help but you should really take some suggestions from lots of people on here. There will definitely be those that simply suggest an engine swap. That's a good route too.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
What are your plans for the car? I mean like road course, drag strip, street warrior etc... Some of those k-member kits are designed for the drag strip and some are designed for the road course. You've got a good list goin there, I agree that you wouldn't need the stage 3 clutch.
Dude I'm really undecided and need lots of guidance lol. All I can really say is that I will not stop modding until I reach 500rwhp, and that I don't want my car to be fast but rides rough.. I want a smooth riding car lol

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Street warrior lol... There are so many cars here in Memphis that think their fast, and I just want to kind of put them in their place and also take my ride to Myrtle Beach Mustang week

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm happy to help but you should really take some suggestions from lots of people on here. There will definitely be those that simply suggest an engine swap. That's a good route too.
I've actually looked up engine swaps but don't really know which engine interest me, there are alot to choose from
Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude I'm really undecided and need lots of guidance lol. All I can really say is that I will not stop modding until I reach 500rwhp, and that I don't want my car to be fast but rides rough.. I want a smooth riding car lol

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Street warrior lol... There are so many cars here in Memphis that think their fast, and I just want to kind of put them in their place and also take my ride to Myrtle Beach Mustang week

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I've actually looked up engine swaps but don't really know which engine interest me, there are alot to choose from
Definitely look into spring rates, most of the lowering kits out there ride pretty rough on the streets so definitely do your research if you want a smooth ride.

I don't know what the Myrtle Beach Mustan week involves. Is it like a cruise or what?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

Definitely look into spring rates, most of the lowering kits out there ride pretty rough on the streets so definitely do your research if you want a smooth ride.

I don't know what the Myrtle Beach Mustan week involves. Is it like a cruise or what?
Will do, but from what I've seen on YouTube and stuff, it's pretty much a HUGE Mustang Car show.. I've seen burnout contest, and I think there is auto cross and drag racing. But me personally just like to be around ppl who share the same passion for mustangs as I, and I like looking at other mustangs. The environment just seems cool lol
Old 01-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. That sounds like some fun.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Nice. That sounds like some fun.
I've seen a few videos, and dude it's like mustang heaven lol.. There are literally hundreds of mustangs out there. When they leave they do like they're last hoorahs, and you hear all of the superchargers and turbos, just seems like a cool place to be. You should check it out
Old 01-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I could. I'm in Colorado though so I don't think I would be able to go
Old 01-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
I wish I could. I'm in Colorado though so I don't think I would be able to go
Oooo man that sucks.. Have you searched for anything in that area?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

We have the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup, however my mustang isn't ready for that. It won't be any time soon.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
We have the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup, however my mustang isn't ready for that. It won't be any time soon.
Oh what kind of mustang do you have?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

2000 GT, she's mostly stock, I'm trying to pay her off right now so I haven't been able to do much
Old 01-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
2000 GT, she's mostly stock, I'm trying to pay her off right now so I haven't been able to do much
Oh thats cool I'm still paying on mines also but I'll probably be ready to pay of off in a few months.. I only paid 4,000 for It
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. You got a good lookin ride for sure. I like to justify spending 8.5k on mine by saying it was a steal with how many miles it had.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Nice. You got a good lookin ride for sure. I like to justify spending 8.5k on mine by saying it was a steal with how many miles it had.
How many miles did it have??
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

52k. I didn't even try to talk the owner down.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
52k. I didn't even try to talk the owner down.
Oh yea that's great... Mines had 104k which I thought was good for a 98... I know this is off topic but I know you're happy for the Broncos lol
Old 01-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yea that's great... Mines had 104k which I thought was good for a 98... I know this is off topic but I know you're happy for the Broncos lol
Haha I am. I don't follow them much, but I'm glad they made it. The rest of my family are huge Broncos fans so I Gget kept up to date on everything they do.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I'm kinda happy for them and Tebow man.. Although they beat us (bears) but I was tired of them talking about Tebow
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I get fed up with the Tebow talk but that's just me
Old 01-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Yeah I get fed up with the Tebow talk but that's just me
Yea it started to take its toll on me to
Old 01-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I think he has a lot of potential but he just needs to get more experience. I'm excited to see what he can bring us
Old 01-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Yeah, I think he has a lot of potential but he just needs to get more experience. I'm excited to see what he can bring us
Yea he's pretty good in my eye... Not your typical QB but has the chance of becoming one
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. Only time will tell
Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

So what does it mean to get you're engine bored??
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

It's when you widen the engine bore (cylinder walls) its measured in thousandths of an inch i. e. 0.020

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT