Insight???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
Insight????

I hve an 04 gt with a 3650 5 speed. About a year ago I was having a leak at the tailshaft and low fluid level combined with going to the track caused 2nd to start grinding badly. So took it to the shop and had the second gear replaced with an upgrade and tranny gone thru and reasembled. While they were in there I had a spec clutch installed as well. Dropped like 1500 on the whole ordeal. A year later and its leaking again, same place. I live on the other side of the country now so warranty work is not an option. Could extra power from bolt-ons and hundred shot/ and stock mounts be torqueing this thing down so hard at the tailshaft that its causing the seal to leak. I can drive it all day and not smell burning fluid but as soon as i hit on it for a minute it starts leaking and stinking(from burning off the exhaust). Frustrated and need to get leak fixed b4 i f up the tranny again. Anybody had this problem????
blk04gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #2

Region: Arizona
Re: Insight????

nobody knows anything about this??
blk04gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT