Trick flow top end kit from summit racing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Trick flow top end kit from summit racing

I Know these heads a worth it but I don't have any dynos or track numbers capaired to the original 2valve 02 gt. What did your get? And pleeeeasse don't make up number just to say yours are better than his ok
Gtif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

They usually say you get about 390 with those top end kits. That's at the motor. The cams in them are not a very aggressive cam profile.
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: Trick flow top end kit from summit racing

Im not sure about with summit but some vendors (not positive on what ones) will sell you a more agressive cam for a little extra cash.

A friend of mine has them and with LTs, full exhaust, CAI, 70mm TB/Plenum, and a tune he put down 378 at the wheels
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If you spend a 3 k at mhs you get whatever cams you want from their huge selection along with ford gt rockers and degreed heads. And the heads are ported. Well worth the extra cash.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut View Post
If you spend a 3 k at mhs you get whatever cams you want from their huge selection along with ford gt rockers and degreed heads. And the heads are ported. Well worth the extra cash.
+1!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

i personally would go with a better spec'd cam...but the package from summit is nice since its comes with absolutely everything you need to put the heads on..

dont know how your friend made 378 to the tires with some heads and cams on a stock motor with a few bolt ons lol....but he needs to try another dyno seriously lol..

with the top end your looking at around 335ish to the tires...really not a bad pickup n/a to say you didnt even have to pull the shortblock out honestly..
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Lol kinda sucks cause I'm buying a set of tfs stage 2 heads and my car is already cammed but oh well lol cams already installed and degreed lol all I gotta do is slap the heads on and take it to the tuner lol

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

No way. My car makes 312 rwhp with bolt ons and cams there is no possible way a set of trick flow heads would only add 20 rwhp. Especially with a aggressive cam profile. A top end kit will get you 390 at the motor so you add some bolt ons and tune and you'll easily get to 390 at the wheels
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Im not sure he will get 390 at the wheels but it will be more than 335 for sure
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol kinda sucks cause I'm buying a set of tfs stage 2 heads and my car is already cammed but oh well lol cams already installed and degreed lol all I gotta do is slap the heads on and take it to the tuner lol

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

No way. My car makes 312 rwhp with bolt ons and cams there is no possible way a set of trick flow heads would only add 20 rwhp. Especially with a aggressive cam profile. A top end kit will get you 390 at the motor so you add some bolt ons and tune and you'll easily get to 390 at the wheels

They are just heads dude...ur not slapping on a blower lol...just because the heads flow good ur not going to gain,that much...the trickflow top end kit rated at 390 on an engine dyno.NO accessories,electric water pump,etc...most of the power from going from stock heads to 38cc heads is the bump in compression to almost 10:5:1.. Im not hating on,the heads I have them going on,my gt....but ur not going to bust 390 to the tires by bolting on heads cams and some bolt ons lol.ur not going to get 375 to the tires..335-350ish has been proven with the combo with bolts on long tubes...ported trickflow heads on a stock bottom end will do very little if anything compared to the out the box heads since ur still very limited on stock motor to rpms,compression,and still stock bore...
Old 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just saying I highly highly doubt 335 is the limit. There's no possible way I could only gain 20 rwhp from better flowing heads more aggressive cams gt rockers and a proper degree job. That's less the a cai and tune. That's just not possible. Also the difference is your going to carry that power much much longer then with the stock heads. You'll be on the level with 4v's with tfs heads
Old 01-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

how much does a car supposed to pick up with a cold air intake and a tune lmao... this isnt a gt500 lol..

and it all depends on how aggressive cams are...gt rockers not going to make you pick up any more power really..

yeah the carry the power longer but your still limited to 6500 with stock intake and only like 7000 with stock computer...

the stock intake with the trickflow heads does have ALOT better powerband down low than a trickflow or eddy..so until you do a built 11:5 compression motor or boost on built motor no need for aftermarket intake manifold..

and you may make 340..only way to tell is to do it...remember dyno numbers are just that dyno numbers...i made my 2v with 150 shot read 1000rwhp on a mustang dyno just playing around

take a car to the track and see the mph to see if the power is there that it show...

but 312 with just cams and bolts is a very long shot..so friendly dyno or just a freak..
Old 01-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Lol it made 310-312 3 times in a row. Must be a freak. I know it has the power to back it to cause it will pull on a stock gto with tires until about 85 then the gtos 340-350 rwhp starts pulling. By then it's over but still that's says it's got the power
Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol it made 310-312 3 times in a row. Must be a freak. I know it has the power to back it to cause it will pull on a stock gto with tires until about 85 then the gtos 340-350 rwhp starts pulling. By then it's over but still that's says it's got the power
but gto's are heavy turds..and depends on if its a 6.0 or a 5.7..
Old 01-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

6.0 and my car has 200 lbs of subs and amps in the back lol and had a passenger. I know they are heavy turds lol I always tell my buddy he needs to cut some bacon off that fat hog lol it's beatin bolt on ls1's also. Must be a freak
Old 01-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

slow02 idk where you are gettin your info or where your car was dynoed but my friend's was done at Cindy Speed which is one of the best shops in the tri-state area! he has been there multiple times and made multiple passes each trip. the dyno is no freak or fluke. 375 is very possible and if he would have gone with a bigger cam and revved it a little further im positive he would have gotten more than that!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...16/index2.html

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
slow02 idk where you are gettin your info or where your car was dynoed but my friend's was done at Cindy Speed which is one of the best shops in the tri-state area! he has been there multiple times and made multiple passes each trip. the dyno is no freak or fluke. 375 is very possible and if he would have gone with a bigger cam and revved it a little further im positive he would have gotten more than that!
no its not lol...not on a stock motor with bolting some heads and cams to a 2v gt...haha....if that was the case im gonna bolt on some trickflow heads and cams and hit it with 5lbs of boost and make over 600rwhp lol.. and a stock 4v is going to make 400+ with just bolt ons..

prob got the wrong dyno sheet..

i dont know but its not happening..yall are acting like your bolting god to your car lol...no they are just heads!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

this is what it will take to get to over 400rwhp n/a with a 2v without doing a big bore stroker or similar

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...tfs-2v-154442/

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Dyno tune coming w/new build... what can I expect with this set-up? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Old 01-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Lol you act like heads are no big deal. Your valvetrain is as much of value as your rotating assembly. Mm&ff did exactly that on a junk yard 4.6 and ported pi heads made 390 on an engine dyno with accessories. And made more then 700 with the same setup with forged internals with a kenne bell. Add the much better design and output of the trick flows and you'll be making over 400. Of course fi is going to drastically alter your power but without the heads it wouldn't make near that. your motor is only as strong as its weakest link and the biggest problem with the 2v is the lack of flow from the lack of valves. Open those runners up with some much larger valves and you gain massive numbers.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
Lol you act like heads are no big deal. Your valvetrain is as much of value as your rotating assembly. Mm&ff did exactly that on a junk yard 4.6 and ported pi heads made 390 on an engine dyno with accessories. And made more then 700 with the same setup with forged internals with a kenne bell. Add the much better design and output of the trick flows and you'll be making over 400. Of course fi is going to drastically alter your power but without the heads it wouldn't make near that. your motor is only as strong as its weakest link and the biggest problem with the 2v is the lack of flow from the lack of valves. Open those runners up with some much larger valves and you gain massive numbers.
True story
Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Did you see the guy say they made 425 with 38cc tf heads on e85. Thats just heads and injectors and a tune.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
did you really just quote a magazine lol....come on you know better than that in the performance world...and a well ported pi head will flow along with the tf heads up untill about 5000+ where the tf head start to take off..

remember people have been running 8sec with ported pi heads..so they must not be as bad as you think..just have to get them ported by the right person... like fox lake heads or some mhs heads..

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Did you see the guy say they made 425 with 38cc tf heads on e85. Thats just heads and injectors and a tune.
dude are you drunk..that chris's car...that car made 425 with BUILT motor 12:5:1,trickflow heads,comp 278 cams,CARB,e85....read first and search
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Also I don't listen to a ton of people from forums simply because I have no faith in today's intelligence. I looked at a post about a kid building his motor and some suggested they turbo it, and they said they didn't want the lag an then the guy who suggested the turbo said then definitely go turbo cause the supercharger will lag and defended it to the death. This was on ls1tech. Someone also said he was running a kenne bell 2.6 at 25 psi and a 250 shot on a stock gt and making 1000+. Now we all know that's IMPOSSIBLE.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Lol if the trick flows start beating pi heads after 5k then the pi heads are just that bad. That's a whole 2k+ on a built motor that the trick flows do better. That's a BIG deal
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also I don't listen to a ton of people from forums simply because I have no faith in today's intelligence. I looked at a post about a kid building his motor and some suggested they turbo it, and they said they didn't want the lag an then the guy who suggested the turbo said then definitely go turbo cause the supercharger will lag and defended it to the death. This was on ls1tech. Someone also said he was running a kenne bell 2.6 at 25 psi and a 250 shot on a stock gt and making 1000+. Now we all know that's IMPOSSIBLE.
hahahaha i have met a guy like that around here..those the people you just say...oh really when they tell you stuff like that lol

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Lol if the trick flows start beating pi heads after 5k then the pi heads are just that bad. That's a whole 2k+ on a built motor that the trick flows do better. That's a BIG deal
not when most people only spin their motors to 6500...hmmmmmmm 3k for 340rwhp or 3k and make 400 with a supercharger
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I know. When I bought my car the salesman told me that it had 500+ hp with all the add ons lol I couldn't believe he said that cause he used to be a professional drag racer. And was ranked #2 in the world for a while on the dr circuits.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut

I saw a guy on corral make the same turbo vs supercharger argument just last week lol. The trick flows are being debated all over the place and regardless of what side of the fence your on these are amazing heads!!! So OP go for it!!! It doesn't matter if your dyno shows 270 or 27000hp the fact remains that these heads are the *****!!! You will love them!! Especially if you throw in a cam too!!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I know. When I bought my car the salesman told me that it had 500+ hp with all the add ons lol I couldn't believe he said that cause he used to be a professional drag racer. And was ranked #2 in the world for a while on the dr circuits.
you still bought the car didnt you lol? guess it worked
Old 01-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Lol well no doubt about that but that supercharger is the death of many many MANY gts. Simply because people think I'll increase the boost a bit for now. I have a buddy with a 94 5.0 that has destroyed 2 motors cause he simply won't learn.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Lol no the car was already bought it was for my warranty when he tried telling me that. He goes "now that cars got 500+hp so you'll want an extended warranty cause at those levels you never know what will break" lol I knew the guy that traded it in and asked him what he did to it so I already knew it was basically stock.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

I saw a guy on corral make the same turbo vs supercharger argument just last week lol. The trick flows are being debated all over the place and regardless of what side of the fence your on these are amazing heads!!! So OP go for it!!! It doesn't matter if your dyno shows 270 or 27000hp the fact remains that these heads are the *****!!! You will love them!! Especially if you throw in a cam too!!
+1000
Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I knew you guys would argue silently though. And some how turbos and superchargers and even ported pi heads lol that's fine. But how wicked were first and second gear with the trick flow setup on a stock bottom end and did your rear wheel torque jump significantly? A buddy of mine installed a trick flow intake on his 89 5.0 and first gear was like ice?! Wait a minute, does trick flow make intakes for our 4.6?
Gtif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Yea they do. Anything that has to do with intake they make
Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Has anybody thought about elevations at all when you guys are tossin around all these dyno numbers? An elevation change could cause that kind of HP difference.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT