Superchager - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Superchager

Im looking into supercharging my everyday driver 02 GT. I don't really know which one to get. I would like to have a Root style but the Paxton style r cheaper. Is it ok to have one in a everyday driver and if so which one is better or is does it matter. I've just started to get into wanting one so i dont know a whole lot about them and hope buy Fall time 2012 to have the money.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Superchager

Any one is fine, just make sure to tell who ever your buying from or who ever is Installing, that it is a Dailey Driver. You'll be fine, I'm going to add a Whipple on mine and yes it is a Dailey Driver.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I have a vortex v3 on my 06 no problems and it is a dd.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks that helps. Does it change mpg as long as you stay out of the peddle. I love sleeper cars and I would love to pull next to a new Camaro and give him a run for his money.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I ran a v2 on my car. Made 470rwhp on 13psi. Had a flip switch so ran a DD conservative tune at 440. Still got some mpg maybe 1 mpg less and drove it pretty hard. Ended up blowing the rods through the block racing a g8. He did a ricer flyby on me, i dropped to 2nd and by the time i hit 4th i had 5 lengths on him. Thats when the rod decided to snap. Keep it under 420 and you will be fine
onesickstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
Thanks that helps. Does it change mpg as long as you stay out of the peddle. I love sleeper cars and I would love to pull next to a new Camaro and give him a run for his money.
With full bolt-ons, cams,and a hand held tune, I give new camaros a run for there money, with a supercharger you will just blow past em lol
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickstang01
I ran a v2 on my car. Made 470rwhp on 13psi. Had a flip switch so ran a DD conservative tune at 440. Still got some mpg maybe 1 mpg less and drove it pretty hard. Ended up blowing the rods through the block racing a g8. He did a ricer flyby on me, i dropped to 2nd and by the time i hit 4th i had 5 lengths on him. Thats when the rod decided to snap. Keep it under 420 and you will be fine
Wow yea that's crazy HP, I don't won't to blow the motor up. But yea I will have to let the shop know I'm mainly street driving this car and maybe a few times at the track.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504gt

With full bolt-ons, cams,and a hand held tune, I give new camaros a run for there money, with a supercharger you will just blow past em lol
I already have some bolt ons so that should help with a supercharger but yea I won't then to wish they had my car.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

I just purchased a vortech v-1 t-trim and will be putting it on my DD in the next couple of months. I would recommend a centrifugal style (paxton, vortech, procharger) on a DD because it builds boost as RPMs climb, so naturally if you keep your foot out of it, then you wont notice any change. The guy i bought it off of was running 14 psi on an 01 cobra and got the same exact mpg as he did before it was installed as long as he drove it normally
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
I just purchased a vortech v-1 t-trim and will be putting it on my DD in the next couple of months. I would recommend a centrifugal style (paxton, vortech, procharger) on a DD because it builds boost as RPMs climb, so naturally if you keep your foot out of it, then you wont notice any change. The guy i bought it off of was running 14 psi on an 01 cobra and got the same exact mpg as he did before it was installed as long as he drove it normally
How much did u pay for yours if u don't mind me asking. I'm trying to find the cheapest price, because I'm not trying to make my car a crazy full out drag car.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well the guy is a very close friend of mine so i kinda stole it. Its a V1 T-trim, aftercooler, oversized front mount heat exchanger, trunk mount coolant ice box, 39# injectors, maxflow bypass valve, anderson powerpipe, and every other nut and bolt plus he is gonna help me with the install. I only paid 2600!! But deals are out there. With what you want to do you you dont need all that i listed. A simple v1 s-trim kit will do you just fine and you can get them all day long for between 2300-2700
Old 01-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Well the guy is a very close friend of mine so i kinda stole it. Its a V1 T-trim, aftercooler, oversized front mount heat exchanger, trunk mount coolant ice box, 39# injectors, maxflow bypass valve, anderson powerpipe, and every other nut and bolt plus he is gonna help me with the install. I only paid 2600!! But deals are out there. With what you want to do you you dont need all that i listed. A simple v1 s-trim kit will do you just fine and you can get them all day long for between 2300-2700
The lowest ive seen is $3600 for a Vortech. Where do I need to look?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

go to corral.net and join their forum site. its free just like here. They have a HUGE classified section, and the actual forum threads are pretty good too. if i cant find something here i will usually go look there next
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
What about a kenne belle?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Love kb in paticular there liquid cooled systems think there even develaping a sc with a by pass system
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I would love to have a KB in my car but $4000+ is pretty high for a daily driver, maybe for a drag car it would be perfect but cost and power wise might not be for me.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
I personally think the coin involved is directlly related to quality and realiabilty hear. Fast/cheep/reliable u get to choose 2 when building an engine so for me its allways fast and reliable cheep never stays cheep spiecially when talking about a blower.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I personally think the coin involved is directlly related to quality and realiabilty hear. Fast/cheep/reliable u get to choose 2 when building an engine so for me its allways fast and reliable cheep never stays cheep spiecially when talking about a blower.
I agree to a point. But when it comes to blowers, you can do it right and still be money conscience. A good used s-trim kit is more than enough for what he wants to do and can be found all day for ~2300. A good used complete KB kit is going to be at least 4000 when all is said and done

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT