Hi All! New Mustang Owner here. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Hi All! New Mustang Owner here.

Hi all! I just bought my first Mustang Friday!! Over the years Ive been messing with imports (Mitsubishi) and since I totalled mine 2 months ago, I decided to change routes.
The kid I bought it from was 20 yrs old, college student (used to commute) didnt even change the oil for the year he owned her. He stated that the previous owner was a mechanic and named numerous things he did to it but it was gibberish to him, LoL. My dream car has always been the 1993 Cobra-R but with the life I've been living, that put a stop to that LoL. Time to build on this one instead....

BTW I picked her up for 4500$ He originally asked $6000

A little about the car and what was listed for mods that he recalled.
2001 GT 5 Speed 120,000 miles
BBK Cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Lowered 1.5"
Mach1 Chin Spoiler
Roush Short throw Shifter
2 things are wrong with it: Little rust over RH rear wheel well and his younger brother pulled on the spoiler while moving it and snapped it off (no biggie, I like the spoilerless look anyways)

I wish I cold track down the owner before him (1rst owner) and get a detailed list. I am not familiar with the complete history of the Mustangs but over the past few days, and the internet, Ive learned quite a bit. My first confusion was the Carfax Vin check came back as a 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt/Coupe.....Did't know what a Bullitt was. Then I was exstatic!!!.. and immediately disappointed..LoL
No immediate plans for her other than small repairs and servicing for the time being. Just replaced all the bulbs, switched to full synthetic oil and had a full service check done yesterday.
My closest friend since childhood has been helpful as well since friday. He took me for a ride in his 04 Cobra Mystichrome last month when I was home in GA....That ultimately made up my mind in buying a mustang..(within budget of course). I already have a few parts he has hooked me up with and should be here this weekend. JLT CAI, C&L Plenum, NPP 75mm. I just did my extreme and very extensive detailing today and ordered the Mach1 grill delete, but maybe just leaving the grill out completely. I love that aggressive look it gives. I really like the Bullitt look and would like to clone that some what. Also ordered some NiteShades for the tails. As I part out my import project, Im dropping that $$ into her. Tomorrow I'm gonna get extensive and check the rear end and see if it was upgraded, get under the car and check it all out.

A little about myself:
I am originally from Hinesville GA (near Savannah). I grew up an Army brat, graduated and joined myself for 12 years. I served under 3 different presidents, numerous operations and deployments. 4 years ago my wife joined as well and was injured in Afghanistan. The Army medically discharged her and we decided to try civillian life. So, instead of moving back south, we chose to move to Western Michigan. I have been building my 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage for 4 years until the welcoming committee (a 12 point buck) welcomed me...twice! I am a fulltime student right now which the Army pays for and in-turn pays me.

I am in awe with my GT and in LOVE. She just impresses me in every aspect since the 500 miles I put on her. I plan to learn a lot from everyone here and hope to be able to provide some back. I love DIY's, you get more satisfaction from knowing "you" completed that task. Im not new to forums but the layout of this one is totally different than what I am use too. I hate newbie questions so dont expect to hear them come from me! Hello again and look foward to meeting a lot of yall!
97 Mitsubishi Mirage (CoupeEvoV)

After the Deer!

Mi GT
Jan 6 Day Purchased.

Today after my detailing and cosmetic fixes

MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Welcome from St Augustine, FL!! Looks like you got a good deal though! My 04 V6 is at 112k miles and is still running like a champ. Love the cosmetic black out grill :nice:

Wow, did you hit the deer up in Michigan? I lived in PA and they are no joke when you hit one. Seriously damaging and bigger than southern deer it seems.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Welcome. Sorry to hear about the import and that's a nice stang you have. Enjoy it for as long as you can.
96gt014.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome friend! Pretty little pony you got there! Looking forward to seeing more of it!
78survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Hi All! New Mustang Owner here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Welcome from St Augustine, FL!! Looks like you got a good deal though! My 04 V6 is at 112k miles and is still running like a champ. Love the cosmetic black out grill :nice:

Wow, did you hit the deer up in Michigan? I lived in PA and they are no joke when you hit one. Seriously damaging and bigger than southern deer it seems.
Yeah, believe it or not, We moved here in April and the second week the wifes G6 was getting serviced. The loaner car they gave her, a freakin doe T-boned her...LoL. Then of course a week before Halloween I was rushing to take a final exam and hit this monster buck. Even locking the brakes it still did major damage. The deer up here are ruthless...LoL
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Hi All! New Mustang Owner here.

welcome
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT