Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Which would win?

2K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  BlackBeauty01 
#1 ·
A 2001 gt slightly modded, orx pipe and flowmasters with bbk cai, or a chipped 2006 mazada rx-8

#2 ·
There's never a definite answer to questions like this unless you are comparing stock vs stock. Get em on the track and find out. So many things play a role other than MODS. I've driven friends' cars against the same people they lost to and beat them.

#4 ·
That's where you get bragging rights from. I've been a member for 2 days and seen a few of these threads asking the same question. I understand you want to "pick your opponent" wisely but asking wont give you nothing but speculation. Open track or closed course, set the standards and rules, gain the bragging rights or bow down....simple as that!

#6 ·
No problemo!
BTW, Love the Name!! LoL

#11 ·
Yeah, I think all of them should have came stock with the chin spoiler. My 12 yr old daughter named my GT Black Beauty...shes a horse fanatic. Let other kids talk game. Its what is put out when you're lined up...on a track of course

#13 ·
I got lucky it was on the car when I bought it last week. But definitely wouldve been my first if not!

#20 ·
I havea 2004 mustang gt slightly modded and race my friends slightly modded rsx 8 and I pulled him from a roll and dig about a car or 2

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I have a 2004 mustang gt slightly modded and race my friends slightly modded rsx 8 and I pulled him from a roll and dig about a car or 2

#22 ·
It still falls back on the experience of the driver as well..:D

#24 ·
If we're talking strictly straight line, out of the hole a stock 99-04 GT-even with an ok driver-shouldn't have a problem, but the RX-8 has a redline of 9k rpm! On the right stretch of road a GT (stock cams; stock 3:27 gears) starts to run out of steam at about 5200rpm or so. The RX-8 would pull ahead at that point, but it needs road. On a course, the GT would need to have a good lead before diving into the corners--the RX-8 is lighter and has a more sophisticated chassis.

To summarize, stock vs stock, 1/4 mile, GT all the way. Long stretch of road, there's a good chance the RX-8 would overtake a GT since it makes most of its power on it's top end (similar to an S2000 or an NSX). On a road course with a lot of twists or a mountain road, RX-8 because of its better chassis dynamics.

I'm a Mustang guy through and through but the facts are the facts. The truth sucks. On the bright side, with little cash outlay, a GT can be setup to overtake Vettes--forget about RX-8's!!!!

#25 · (Edited)
I ran a '05 RX8 with exhaust, intake, and a chip. I only had o/r x-pipe and flowmaster mufflers. Took him by probably 4 car lengths before we even got to 70mph from a dig. Wasn't even a race, honestly...

Edit: Since then I've upgraded my GT even more with things like new 70mm tb and plenum, 4.10 gears, etc... Ran him again and was literally 5-8 cars ahead by third gear, and putting more road between us before letting off @ 70mph.

#26 ·
ColeJohnson said:
I ran a '05 RX8 with exhaust, intake, and a chip. I only had o/r x-pipe and flowmaster mufflers. Took him by probably 4 car lengths before we even got to 70mph from a dig. Wasn't even a race, honestly...

Edit: Since then I've upgraded my GT even more with things like new 70mm tb and plenum, 4.10 gears, etc... Ran him again and was literally 5-8 cars ahead by third gear, and putting more road between us before letting off @ 70mph.
Like I said!.. The rx-8 has very little torque!.. And torque is what really helps win a race!..

#29 ·
LoL...I'm just the opposite.. I mean I take criticism, give it, opinions and advice. I'm very sociial! LoL

#31 ·
BlackBeauty01 said:
Yeah im very shy, dont speak much, but if im around someone i know and you get me started on mustangs i cant stop lol
You just gotta tell yourself that ME is your online family! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.