Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Gears

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  shsfresh87 
#1 ·
I need some advise and opinions on what gears i should get. I have stock ones that only have 7k miles on them because when i first got the car a bolt broke off and lodged itself in the gears and my rear end was gone. Lucky for me i had payed for and extended warrenty that covered it, but since the car was altered they droped me and the dealer took care of it with wich what they told me was 1500 for a brand new rear end, so i was relieved to have my car back and running. I believed that they told me that who ever had it before had 8.8 gears, i think but im not sure. Im looking to get some that would help out on the track and street.

#2 ·
Your rear end size is 8.8 that's not your gear size. You prolly have the factory gears which are 3.55s. 3.73s would be great for street/strip use. I have 4.10s and my car sees a lot of both and I love them but I have a t56 so the rpms don't bother me.

#5 ·
Your car came with 3.27's from the factory.

General rule of thumb is 3.73 for manual and 4.10 for auto.

#9 ·
I went with FRPP on mine, I have the 410's, there is a little mpg lost though, but the pick up is amazing.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.