My Old Sixer :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-31942627.png
Views:	164
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	38359

Before the wreck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2624648816.png
Views:	168
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	38360

After the wreck

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1405763034.png
Views:	164
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	38361

Both airbags deployed snapping my neck. I had spinal fusion to my C1, C2, and C3 vertabreys (if thats spelled right)

The other guy and his 3 passengers were ok though.

Its been a year on 1/29/12
RIP Rose
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Ouch. How is your neck and spine doing now? Almost a month exactly(Feb 28) after you my sixxer got totaled by a semi that ran a red light. Look at the bright side we both GTs out of it.

Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120117_024150.png
Views:	149
Size:	679.3 KB
ID:	38362


After
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120117_024207.png
Views:	160
Size:	834.6 KB
ID:	38363
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death
Ouch. How is your neck and spine doing now? Almost a month exactly after you my sixxer got totaled by a semi that ran a red light. Look at the bright side we both GTs out of it.

Before

After
Im doing alot better, i airvacted to St. Josephs in Phoenix, Az and i was there for about a month after surgery, then i spent about 5 months in rehab and ill never get full motion in my neck back. They fused it with a piece of my rib so my back hurt for a while too lol

But yeah, i bought another V6 for $3500 and sold it for $4200, then drove to Cali and picked up my Gt all in one day
Lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: My Old Sixer :(

Wow, that's one nasty injury but glad to hear you're doing well nowadays. As they say, cars can replaced, people cannot...

A kid in my town has a 99 v6 identical to yours...that was his replacement after he totaled his 97 v6.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Wow, that's one nasty injury but glad to hear you're doing well nowadays. As they say, cars can replaced, people cannot...

A kid in my town has a 99 v6 identical to yours...that was his replacement after he totaled his 97 v6.
Ive seen one like mine, same year and everything. Eventhough i love my Gt to death, i really miss my old sixer..never gave me one problem and ran damn good. Plus it was my very first Mustang, so ill always miss it
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: My Old Sixer :(

Thank the lucky stars above that you are still alive. Wow.. God that sounds horrible.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

Im doing alot better, i airvacted to St. Josephs in Phoenix, Az and i was there for about a month after surgery, then i spent about 5 months in rehab and ill never get full motion in my neck back. They fused it with a piece of my rib so my back hurt for a while too lol

But yeah, i bought another V6 for $3500 and sold it for $4200, then drove to Cali and picked up my Gt all in one day
Lol
Are you in Phoenix?? Or around?
Sorry to hear, and sounds painful!! Glad to see you're still up and kickin'
My one year will be 4/29/12, RIP RedWolf, the one that started it all :'(
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Are you in Phoenix?? Or around?
Sorry to hear, and sounds painful!! Glad to see you're still up and kickin'
My one year will be 4/29/12, RIP RedWolf, the one that started it all :'(
I live in Yuma, Az but I have family in Phoenix, Thats where my uncle and I rebuilt my Gt.

Yeah Ive owned nothin but Mustangs since then lol

And how did you loose RedWolf?

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Thank the lucky stars above that you are still alive. Wow.. God that sounds horrible.
The Dr said that about a cm more and i would have snapped my spinal cord..the xrays scare me everytime i see them
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

I live in Yuma, Az but I have family in Phoenix, Thats where my uncle and I rebuilt my Gt.

Yeah Ive owned nothin but Mustangs since then lol

And how did you loose RedWolf?
Ahhh I'm not alone! Hahaha! I'm in Mesa, AZ

I've only owned Mustangs my entire life, would never change, guaranteed.

Big black F150 sped up on my left, cut me off and slammed on the brakes, bye bye Mustang...! Not a scratch on his hitch, my entire front end was smashed in plus airbags and warped doors/frame...

but my $200 brand new headlights I had installed not even days earlier along with about $600 of new, uninstalled parts in the back were fine. Had 1K in my pocket to head out to Cali the next week to buy new parts. FML.
But very grateful my friend and I were okay
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Ahhh I'm not alone! Hahaha! I'm in Mesa, AZ

I've only owned Mustangs my entire life, would never change, guaranteed.

Big black F150 sped up on my left, cut me off and slammed on the brakes, bye bye Mustang...! Not a scratch on his hitch, my entire front end was smashed in plus airbags and warped doors/frame...

but my $200 brand new headlights I had installed not even days earlier along with about $600 of new, uninstalled parts in the back were fine. Had 1K in my pocket to head out to Cali the next week to buy new parts. FML.
But very grateful my friend and I were okay
Wow..yeah that sounds pretty bad, im glad your ok though
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

Wow..yeah that sounds pretty bad, im glad your ok though
Me too! Ahaha
Are you by chance coming up to see Barrett Jackson this year?
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Me too! Ahaha
Are you by chance coming up to see Barrett Jackson this year?
When is it?
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

When is it?
This week!
Along with Russo &Steele
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

This week!
Along with Russo &Steele
NOOOOOOO!!! :O
I work all week..damn i hate my job rite now. Lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

NOOOOOOO!!! :O
I work all week..damn i hate my job rite now. Lol
Ahahaha I told my boss this Thursday I was going to BJ, and he immediately scheduled me then, fffuuuuuu!!
But I got free tickets, so I better find a way around it!!
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Ahahaha I told my boss this Thursday I was going to BJ, and he immediately scheduled me then, fffuuuuuu!!
But I got free tickets, so I better find a way around it!!
Lol its gona suck if you cant go, especially since you have free tickets
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

Lol its gona suck if you cant go, especially since you have free tickets
Oh. I will go. If I have to drag him with me. Its happening.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Plus its my last couple months here for a loooong time.
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Oh. I will go. If I have to drag him with me. Its happening.
Haha i wish i could say the same lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.