:( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
:(

Got a speeding ticket today. Now I have to get rid of my car :''''(
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #2

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi
Reckless driving ??
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ouch. How much over? Wait you have to get rid of it? Or are you just getting it taken away?
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
D:
Old 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
No bueno

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Unless u were street racing (in which case hear on the west coast of bc it would have been impounded on the spot) or ur a minor and the cars not in your name you dont have to do aything asside from contest it. Cop prolly wont even show up. So do tell whats the story then and how fast were you going?
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I was going 64 in a 55. And no lol. I would never street race in it lol. I was late for school and was in a rush and the cop got me
Old 01-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

So why do you have to get rid of it?!?!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm underage and my mom doesn't think I'm responsible enough for it. Idk what's ganna happen but she said I won't be driving it again. And when we first got it she said if I ever get a ticket she will have to sell it :/

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

And my and my gf are fussing so it's been a really bad day (((

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Me* and my
Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm underage and my mom doesn't think I'm responsible enough for it. Idk what's ganna happen but she said I won't be driving it again. And when we first got it she said if I ever get a ticket she will have to sell it :/
Bummer dude. Hope your day gets better.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I've had it for 2 years and never have gotten into trouble nor raced it. Makes me wonder how different today would be if I got up 15 minutes earlier -_-

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Bummer dude. Hope your day gets better.
Thanks man. I appreciate it
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Im surprised you didnt just get a warning for only going 9 over and it was your first ticket.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death
Im surprised you didnt just get a warning for only going 9 over.
I know right? That's what I said. But it is what it is
Old 01-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Just wait, talk to her when she's calmed down, use a smooth voice and kind words, think before you say and never talk back harsh, gentle words calm an angry spirit yet harsh words stir up wrath.

Trust me I've smooth talked my extremely strict parents out of 2 tickets and two separate other times they wanted to sell the car, make an outline of valid reasoning in your head of why you should keep the stallion, regardless of her comebacks.

Good luck, and remember the girl may be there for a while but the car will always remain by your side..
Fck diamonds cars are forever!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
Just wait, talk to her when she's calmed down, use a smooth voice and kind words, think before you say and never talk back harsh, gentle words calm an angry spirit yet harsh words stir up wrath.

Trust me I've smooth talked my extremely strict parents out of 2 tickets and two separate other times they wanted to sell the car, make an outline of valid reasoning in your head of why you should keep the stallion, regardless of her comebacks.

Good luck, and remember the girl may be there for a while but the car will always remain by your side..
Fck diamonds cars are forever!
Lol thanks, my mom knows the cop and can prolly get him to drop it. Guess that will boost my chances lol (even though she said she wouldn't, hopefully she will come to her senses)
Old 01-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
After you explained to your mom what happened your still gonna have to get rid of it? I mean it was only 9mph over and you were late. If it were me I would talk to your mom more about it later once things have calmed down. Also remind her how much of a hassle it is to sell it and then you guys have to still go and find a new car to buy. Ask her to just ground you from it for awhile or something. But don't let your stang slip from your fingers bro. Good luck

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT
After you explained to your mom what happened your still gonna have to get rid of it? I mean it was only 9mph over and you were late. If it were me I would talk to your mom more about it later once things have calmed down. Also remind her how much of a hassle it is to sell it and then you guys have to still go and find a new car to buy. Ask her to just ground you from it for awhile or something. But don't let your stang slip from your fingers bro. Good luck
Thanks man. Ima try my best. The last thing I want is to lose it
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah my parents were going take my head, dent the hood with it, then put my head under the hood and bang that same dent back out with it... ahahaha!

She's just mad, you gotta look at it from her point of view as well, take it into understanding, correct yourself then twist it into your proposition and use it against her, she wants you to be safe, understand and relate to her thats just how women are, just sit through and talk it out with her, a little love won't hurt either ahaha! That's just how my parents work. And its turned me into one good saleswoman/negotiator
Old 01-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah my parents were going take my head, dent the hood with it, then put my head under the hood and bang that same dent back out with it... ahahaha!

She's just mad, you gotta look at it from her point of view as well, take it into understanding, correct yourself then twist it into your proposition and use it against her, she wants you to be safe, understand and relate to her thats just how women are, just sit through and talk it out with her, a little love won't hurt either ahaha! That's just how my parents work. And its turned me into one good saleswoman/negotiator
Lol thanks. My parents are extremely weird and strict, but they do take care of me and got me my dream car. I just hope they will be reasonable lol.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol thanks. My parents are extremely weird and strict, but they do take care of me and got me my dream car. I just hope they will be reasonable lol.
Same
I seriously do not understand their reasoning.. oh well!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the advice guys. Rlly love this forum. Sorry for the thread turning into a personal predicament lol
Old 01-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Ahaha its fine, I rant for weeks when I get grounded from Jet, it just sucks and you're scared, so they use it to their advantage
Old 01-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: :(

9 over and you get a ticket cop must've been having a bad day. Or just felt like being a dick.

Go to Court and talk to the solicitor tell him this your first ticket and you're otherwise a very cautious and responsible driver. Then proceed to ask him if you can get this ex-sponged from your driving record. He may want you to do community service, or something, or take a drivers ED course.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Yea ima try that and whatever I can do. I can pay the ticket....it's just the insurance lol
Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Yea ima try that and whatever I can do. I can pay the ticket....it's just the insurance lol
Insurance and it goes on your Record and takes points off your license, which could potentially affect a future job.

I can't believe he took the time to write a 9 over ticket. I'd have a pile of them if they did that here.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You'll be ok dude, they'll prolly be too lazy to actually sell it. I was on the same situation and fearful that my life (stang) would be taken. But I just lost it for a month and I'm driving it now, I'm 18 and I got it so only my name is on the title. But I'm still on probation from my ticket, so I gotta be cool.
01mineralgreyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's the only bad thing about having a car u care about for us teens r parents can take it away from us
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

First thing my parents spit out when I don't want to do something/did something wrong X(
Old 01-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Lol agreed
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #30
Road Trip!

When i was younger my pops tryed that bs with me over my car said if i every got a speeding ticket hed sell the car on me. I told him if thats the way he wanted to play first it was my money buying it secound i could put it in my own name and the extra money would just come out of his christmas/birthday presants and 3 if he was offering to have it in his name to save some coin he wasnt allowed to use it as a weapon against me later or he could have fun talking to me in a one sided conversation threw my bedroom door till i moved out and he wouldnt have to worry about seeing hearing or talking to me again because he would have just nuked that bridge. Dont f**k with me over my ride or itll be the last thing you do with me. Never brought it up again. (he knows how serious i am about my ride)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
When i was younger my pops tryed that bs with me over my car said if i every got a speeding ticket hed sell the car on me. I told him if thats the way he wanted to play first it was my money buying it secound i could put it in my own name and the extra money would just come out of his christmas/birthday presants and 3 if he was offering to have it in his name to save some coin he wasnt allowed to use it as a weapon against me later or he could have fun talking to me in a one sided conversation threw my bedroom door till i moved out and he wouldnt have to worry about seeing hearing or talking to me again because he would have just nuked that bridge. Dont f**k with me over my ride or itll be the last thing you do with me. Never brought it up again. (he knows how serious i am about my ride)
LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I ever did that I'd be smacked across the face so hard... ahahaha!
Once I'm 18 they can't do sh*t about me though.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

Being 18 has its Advantages guys.. AS WELL AS DISADVANTAGES. You could get kicked out for bein an A** to your parentals and saying its in your name and everything. just shake your head and say " I understand. It Wont happen again" They all know it will. Cuz were guys. at least most of us. Then talk to your dad and reason with him. HES A GUY TO! He will appreciate the love you have for your car!! and if not?, well thats a panzy man. Every man needs a good solid, Beautiful car. thats Well taken care of. Dads respect that stuff. and More than likely, they'll reason with mom. I would be pissed beyond belief if someone used My car against me. However, take my advice, and you'll have it forever!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:

If I ever did that I'd be smacked across the face so hard... ahahaha!
Once I'm 18 they can't do sh*t about me though.
By the time i was 16 i was 6 foot tall 220 and 3.5%body fat (i worked out 8-9hrs a day) and all ready had 8yrs mma training under my belt. My dad stopped rough housing with me by the time i was 12. So by 16 he wouldnt dare smack me lol (not that id really do anything about it. He just didnt want to take that chance). So we generated a silent respect for one anouthers boundrys and he new my car was pretty much my only boundry. Never crossed it after are first talk about it. And i still have yet to get a ticket with her so... Cant really say nothin else on it. Mind u my car was the only thing i ever really talked to him like that over so i guess he got the point i was serious.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

By the time i was 16 i was 6 foot tall 220 and 3.5%body fat (i worked out 8-9hrs a day) and all ready had 8yrs mma training under my belt. My dad stopped rough housing with me by the time i was 12. So by 16 he wouldnt dare smack me lol (not that id really do anything about it. He just didnt want to take that chance). So we generated a silent respect for one anouthers boundrys and he new my car was pretty much my only boundry. Never crossed it after are first talk about it. And i still have yet to get a ticket with her so... Cant really say nothin else on it. Mind u my car was the only thing i ever really talked to him like that over so i guess he got the point i was serious.
Damn child! I guess the 5'7 tiny *ss girl over here wouldn't have a chance regardless of krav maga/gun/knife skills ahahaha!
I couldn't talk back anyway, I guess its just a respect thing, must be what I get for being raised in the south and not wanting to loose Jet.. my entire life..!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT