rich - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
rich

How do i no if im running rich. My boss told me i was cuz if the smell of my exhuast
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbantor View Post
How do i no if im running rich. My boss told me i was cuz if the smell of my exhuast
Dude its a problem with me to. most of my threads ask that question. you can tell if you scan it. It'll come up with Running Rich on.. and then wherever. Most car parts places can scan for free. the way I can tell is that when i accelerate, the car starts shuddering and jerking. its really annoying. and it does that when its warm. not cold. the gas mileage goes Out the Window for me to. its crazy! I am Still trying to figure out what i can do to fix it!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well my exhuast smells diff. My boss said i was running right but no codes for it only for my front o2 sensor saying about a heater
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Re: rich

The computers smarter than your boss man. If theres a faulty O2 sensor anywhere, that could contribute though! I would say get that fixed and if your boss still says you are After you scan and come up clean, he doesn't trust the computer. Which Then I would take it to a Shop that specializes in Mufflers, and ask them. They would know a hell of a lot more about it than your boss. Assuming that He doesn't work in a muffler shop. haha
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hes my service manager. Hes been a tech for 25 years. And thats all he builds is mustangs LOL. But i do have a exhuast leak were the maniflod meets the midpipe. I kinda stripped the bottum bolt on the passangers manifold. Not sure how to get the stud out

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT