1999 Gt vs 2010 3.5L Altima Coupe - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Was only kidding about the track lol
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: 1999 Gt vs 2010 3.5L Altima Coupe

You must be the best driver around because ive NEVER seen a bone stock gt run under 14 without some type of suspension upgrade or at the very least a tire a little wider and stickier than those 245 street tires...

I had full bolt ons (LTs, prochamber, 70mm TB/Plenum, cai) and a tune, i borrowed my buddies Nt05 drag radials and only ran a 13.68 with a 1.78 60 ft time.... Not trying to start crap or call you out, im just sayin that seems pretty far stretched and something doesnt add up
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
You must be the best driver around because ive NEVER seen a bone stock gt run under 14 without some type of suspension upgrade or at the very least a tire a little wider and stickier than those 245 street tires...
MM&FF back in 2004 was only able to do mid to low 14s in a GT!.. Plus in a other thread I believe he said his car was rebuilt!.. So it might have some different internals!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
MM&FF back in 2004 was only able to do mid to low 14s in a GT!.. Plus in a other thread I believe he said his car was rebuilt!.. So it might have some different internals!..
I saw where he said it was rebuilt but he also said it was stock. Even if he built a completely forged shortblock and maybe bored it .020" over, he isnt gonna see any more HP than a stock one and he isnt going to run in the 13's. Building a bottom end does nothing to increase power on its own. It just gives you a stronger platform to build from.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

I saw where he said it was rebuilt but he also said it was stock. Even if he built a completely forged shortblock and maybe bored it .020" over, he isnt gonna see any more HP than a stock one and he isnt going to run in the 13's. Building a bottom end does nothing to increase power on its own. It just gives you a stronger platform to build from.
True sorta, but just thought I would throw that out there!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I ran a 13.9 at the track the 2nd day I owned my 01 GT and all it had was a MAC CAI on it. Goodyear half tread tires stock shifter. 68miles on it. All in the driver man!
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
I know your not calling me out. I just simply posted what I ran. You do have a good point though, to be honest, when i rebuilt it, i took everything apart, replaced all gaskets, bearings ect. And put it back together. What Im trying to say is that the previous owner could have done something to it when he had it, he did tell me cams but i figured he was just trying to get me to buy the car, idk how to tell stock cams from upgraded ones so for all i know, it could have cams or something else. Also when i pulled the bottom end apart, it had a "romeo" crank in a "windsor" block. This engine was obviously apart before i had it, and it could have anything done to it. If i ran way too fast to be stock, then maybe theres something internal done or maybe he really did have cams put on it..idk to be honest. I just rebuilt the engine with the same cams, crank, and everything else.

As for the suspension, Ill go look,I probably should have checked that before saying it was stock..so ill go make sure it is and update this.

Idk if it makes a worlds difference, but I do have Nittos all around on stock wheels. I didnt consider that as being a mod but i guess it does count as one.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
I know your not calling me out. I just simply posted what I ran. You do have a good point though, to be honest, when i rebuilt it, i took everything apart, replaced all gaskets, bearings ect. And put it back together. What Im trying to say is that the previous owner could have done something to it when he had it, he did tell me cams but i figured he was just trying to get me to buy the car, idk how to tell stock cams from upgraded ones so for all i know, it could have cams or something else. Also when i pulled the bottom end apart, it had a "romeo" crank in a "windsor" block. This engine was obviously apart before i had it, and it could have anything done to it. If i ran way too fast to be stock, then maybe theres something internal done or maybe he really did have cams put on it..idk to be honest. I just rebuilt the engine with the same cams, crank, and everything else.

As for the suspension, Ill go look,I probably should have checked that before saying it was stock..so ill go make sure it is and update this.

Idk if it makes a worlds difference, but I do have Nittos all around on stock wheels. I didnt consider that as being a mod but i guess it does count as one.
Yes all of that makes a huge difference. With a cam, cai, and the nittos you will spank stock GTs all day. With those upgrades, 13.7 is easy to believe.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Yes all of that makes a huge difference. With a cam, cai, and the nittos you will spank stock GTs all day. With those upgrades, 13.7 is easy to believe.
Cam, cai & Nittos should be an easy mid 13. I'd guess a few tenths lower than .7 with abusive driving.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

Ok my bad on that guys. And I checked my suspension out, idk what stock should really look like, but everything seems original, its got "ford" stamped everywhere.

And if this is the case, maybe thats why i beat the altima and civic so damn bad.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT