Please help!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Please help!!!!

Ok so I love my mustang but it's been giving me so many problems I'm only 18 and put 7000$ into my car on parts alone. I just got a new motor installed in it and new clutch. The problems I'm having are the engine makes a whistle sound at 2000rpm and higher( no after market parts except sct tuner) .second problem I have is that when idling the car can't stay at around 800rpm it always almost shuts off and some times it does.and the last problem is that my clutch ticks till I put pressure on it. Please let me know if you think you no what these problems would be. Thanks
Jord05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Kinda sounds like vacuum leak, for the first problem. About the tick, does it tick faster if u rev the engine a little bit faster than idle? I really don't know a lot about clutches so I'm going to try not to sound like an idiot lol. When you press the clutch pedal it separates a plate with springs on it from another one with some kind of brake material on it. So whatever your tick is, it seems to have to do with those plates spinning. I think you would have to look inside your clutch to really see what it is. Hopefully somebody will have a better answer for you there.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Try setting the base idle, and yes check for vacuum leaks, just give everything a good look over.
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01StangGt
Try setting the base idle, and yes check for vacuum leaks, just give everything a good look over.
You can't do that manually on a car this new. Its all in the computer.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #5

Region: Illinois
Re: Please help!!!!

that ticking noise might be an exhaust leak by your header(s)? maybe a gasket is on crooked and airs seeping through it and giving you the ticking, happened to me before
FiredUp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #6

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord05
Ok so I love my mustang but it's been giving me so many problems I'm only 18 and put 7000$ into my car on parts alone. I just got a new motor installed in it and new clutch. The problems I'm having are the engine makes a whistle sound at 2000rpm and higher( no after market parts except sct tuner) .second problem I have is that when idling the car can't stay at around 800rpm it always almost shuts off and some times it does.and the last problem is that my clutch ticks till I put pressure on it. Please let me know if you think you no what these problems would be. Thanks
If you engage the clutch and the ticking stops then it's prob the throw out bearing which either is bad or not installed correctly You may need to set the timing on your newly installed engine which will correct the idle problem. Hope this helps some, good luck
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Oh also there should be an adjustment for the clutch cable/linkage. Come to think of it, that might actually be the issue since you didn't have this problem before you did the work. So see if tightening it will help.
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT