Mustang Evolution Forum banner

misfire question

5K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  mtmccord 
#1 ·
I have a 03 gt and it only misfire in 5th gear crusing but if i get on wot or in 4th its not a problem but it mainly be crusing between 1500 and 2000 rpm after that or before that is cruises Just fine can anyone lighten me please

#7 ·
Stock 3:27 i just think its odd i just installed my off road h pipe today (which imo should have came from ford.like that) and i had and idea the car car wasn't running right but with the h pipe and flows your can hear it pretty loud going down the highway

#16 ·
irishn8 said:
Ya that definately a possibility!
Better go get one and keep it handy so u don't have to drive to the parts store on 7 cylinders like I did. My car did something similar but it was at like 30mph a week before the c.o.p. went bad.
Hmm interesting i never would have that about that ill definitely pick up one today

#17 ·
Would a misfire code possibly come up if one of the c.o.p is going out? i have two codes right now one for no cats (obviously is because of the off road h pipe) and one for insufficient coolant temp (im gonna change the temp sensor to see if that clears the code)

#21 ·
sean03gt said:
Not when it idles for sure but it does under a load it does and it doesn't come and go always does it
Ok. My car was misfiring pretty badly a couple of weeks ago. Try going to OReillys or something like that to see if it throws a cylinder misfire code. Mine was cylinder 2. I changed the spark plug and it was an instant fix. Just a thought. I hope this helps!

#23 ·
stampde said:
when's the last time it was tuned up ?
I'd throw in some new plugs and go from there , if it still does it I'd look for a bad coil
Im waiting to do the plugs til the next weekend since ill be off for a few days for president day but im defiantly putting plugs in it but when i bought it the place said the guy who sold it to them said the plugs were recently changed (bs) imo but I've gone over the whole car all except for plugs because how.much of a pain it looks like

#24 ·
Ok well update i changed the plugs last night and they weren't too bad and put in my mil elimintors last night aswell and the car is still misfiring real bad still under a load the new plugs cleaned up my idle but that's it but i was inspecting all the c.o.p they all seem to be in great condition still (if that even matters) but my car is running rich right now and the only code it was pulling was for the back 02 sensors so can someone give Me any light on.what could maybe be the problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.