I don't know how much more i can take. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
I don't know how much more i can take.

I don't know if I can keep my Stang much longer... I don't have the money to fix it and I need a Daily Driver that works without that i can put money into In The Future...I can't be spending every paycheck trying to figure out whats wrong and never end up never finding the issue! This is SO frustrating guys. I Love that car.. but I need to sell it. Or if i can get the issue resolved for less than 200$ this next week i will keep it. I am at the limit with that car though..
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Ummm what's the problem?
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Re: I don't know how much more i can take.

I don't know if there's a way for you to look at my other threads but most of its on those! I'll say it again though on here.

-About an hour ago I checked my oil because i haven't done it in a while. (Bad, I know). Turns out, when i wipe the dipstick and pull it back up to check the oil, I see squat. nothing on the stick At All. And That kinda freaked me out. I know i have a small leak, but the Whole tank of oil? ridiculous.
-My car just recently started to whistle and make noise when i rev it up. (This is a 98' V8 4.6l btw). Yesterday, i cleaned my CAI and my MAF because I have no clue when the last time it was done was, and after that, it all started up whistling and all that. I Know i only unplugged 2 things then and put them Right back.
-about 3 days ago, i sea-foamed my intake through the vacuum line, and it seemed to help the engine out. Briefly. my idles were better, but then yesterday and today, They're idling at 1500 and 1000 and when i push the pedal down, i get a slow response and the car shakes briefly.
-I Thought i had a fuel injection problem because thats what the dude told me when i Got the car, but i got it scanned and it says Running to Rich on Bank 1 and 2. Even after i was told it was the O2 sensors and the thermostat. I paid 250$ to get the upstream O2 sensors replaced AND the Thermostat and THEY WERE JUST FINE! so mad about that..

In the end, I don't know how it was treated before me, and what was done, and I can't keep throwing money at it with no gain! I Want the shaking to stop when i accelerate and i don't want anything to whistle or sound Abnormal...
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Sounds like a vacuum leak.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle
Sounds like a vacuum leak.
I have seriously checked Every hose.. Its ridiulous..
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cajunick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 85
Re: I don't know how much more i can take.

Any fault codes? Is your check engine light on? If its not on your check engine light could be burnt out. If you haven't scanned it for faults I would goto auto-zone and scan it. If you can get it out of your drive way that is. Whoever told you that a thermostat would cause bad idle and slow response I wouldn't take any more info from them to say the lease lol. If i had to guess without know any of the fault codes it sounds like your problem is your cats are broken internally and is clogging your exhaust causing your engine not to breath properly and bogging on acceleration. I would get a rubber hammer and bang on your cat convectors and see if you can hear them rattling.
Cajunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
kickerofdoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,868
Exhaust leak
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunick
Any fault codes? Is your check engine light on? If its not on your check engine light could be burnt out. If you haven't scanned it for faults I would goto auto-zone and scan it. If you can get it out of your drive way that is. Whoever told you that a thermostat would cause bad idle and slow response I wouldn't take any more info from them to say the lease lol. If i had to guess without know any of the fault codes it sounds like your problem is your cats are broken internally and is clogging your exhaust causing your engine not to breath properly and bogging on acceleration. I would get a rubber hammer and bang on your cat convectors and see if you can hear them rattling.
Thank you! I will do that soon! I got 2 error codes when i scanned it, but will have to let you know after work in 5 hours. They were for Running to Rich on banks 1 and 2 though! And i dont know what to do! Also i still get that hissing sound after the rev dies... I checked all the hoses ive been around. It didnt do this before i worked on the CAI or the MAF

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness

Thank you! I will do that soon! I got 2 error codes when i scanned it, but will have to let you know after work in 5 hours. They were for Running to Rich on banks 1 and 2 though! And i dont know what to do! Also i still get that hissing sound after the rev dies... I checked all the hoses ive been around. It didnt do this before i worked on the CAI or the MAF
I was able to get to the codes. 2 day p0175 and the othe says p0000...
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cajunick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 85
Re: I don't know how much more i can take.

So this is what I found out about that code the P0000 is nothing.

P0175 OBD-II Trouble Code
Technical DescriptionSystem Too Rich (Bank 2)

What does that mean?Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 2detected a rich condition (too little oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 2 is the side of the engine that doesn't have cylinder #1.

Back to what I was saying before I would suggest you take a rubber hammer and beat on the driver side (Bank 2) cat convector to see if you can hear it rattling.
Cajunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
The whisteling noise and your odd idle def sounds like a vaccume issue. Have you cleaned your IAC? Ill also throw out there that even if your car is giving you trouble, it will be cheaper to fix then sell and buy some beater which may also have problems. The clogged cats is a good call also. I would start with that and the iac then make sure you didn't mess up the maf sensor when you cleaned it. It may not be regestering properly. Also, did you remember to reconnect the little sensor on the side of the maf? (Not the maf itself just a littlw plugin connector I remember from my old 96gt that I forgot to reinstall because it hangs down) I got a p0175 from that I think. You could also pay a ford dealer an hour of time to do a professional diagnosis (1hr) then do the work yourself.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunick
So this is what I found out about that code the P0000 is nothing.

P0175 OBD-II Trouble Code
Technical DescriptionSystem Too Rich (Bank 2)

What does that mean?Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 2detected a rich condition (too little oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 2 is the side of the engine that doesn't have cylinder #1.

Back to what I was saying before I would suggest you take a rubber hammer and beat on the driver side (Bank 2) cat convector to see if you can hear it rattling.
What happens if i can?! Or cant?! And thank you so much! Im farther where i was a day ago! I might Keep the stang then!
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cajunick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 85
Re: I don't know how much more i can take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post
What happens if i can?! Or cant?! And thank you so much! Im farther where i was a day ago! I might Keep the stang then!
If you can then I would start with replacing the cats. It could be just the driver side that is bad its up to you and how much you want to spend when replacing cat(s). Make sure your not banging on the heat shield. Be sure to get solid hits on the cat itself. And if you can't its back to the drawing board.
Cajunick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.