lets see yalls ride - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to Brad.krieg Send a message via Skype™ to Brad.krieg
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709
I been thinkin. I like my led tail lights and i thought about getting them professionally tinted but i seen the New raxiom tail lights and i think its time for a change. Can i get some opinions? I inserted a pic of the car so u can see what im trying to match. I already have the cervini wing on it. I also thought about getting the black rear deck lid (like the machine 1) and the black rear lower balance insert. Or would that be too much?

These r my current leds. So smoke the leds or get the raxiom with the sequential kit with them? (sequential don't work with leds for future reference)
I'm personally not a fan of the aftermarket head/ taillights. Smoked or honeycomb decals look good on stockers.

For your car, if it was me, i'd paint a black bar where your rear licence plate is and id get the black letter bumper inserts to pop from behind more. I think a new decklid would be a waste of money. Just my opinion tho.

I'm not a fan of these but the black bar i'm talking about wud make your car look like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1898346497.png
Views:	94
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	40377  
Brad.krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT
Only pic I have right now
Great lookin pony! Slick
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad.krieg

I'm personally not a fan of the aftermarket head/ taillights. Smoked or honeycomb decals look good on stockers.

For your car, if it was me, i'd paint a black bar where your rear licence plate is and id get the black letter bumper inserts to pop from behind more. I think a new decklid would be a waste of money. Just my opinion tho.

I'm not a fan of these but the black bar i'm talking about wud make your car look like this
Not a black trunk. But the black thing that goes in between the tail lights and license plate. Like on the mach 1. Its not honeycomb its just solid black. The raxiom tail lights looks like factory just really dark they r on am. That's the only place that carries them.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Yea on that pic u sent that is what i was talking about. Except its not honeycomb its straight black. But go to am and check those tail lights out. They r New. I would get the sequential with them also.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I just didn't know if that would be too much black. The black around the license plate. And i was also looking at the black rear valance on the bumper. But i dontt want to overdo the black
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #74

Region: Iowa
Quote:

Oh i see.... So is that a functional scoop? It looks good. As much as i like the extractor look on the outside there is something about being behind a cowl hood or a scoop that just looks and feels awesome.. I know what you mean.
It isnt functional. Best part about the Saleen's is the suspension, I can open a gap on just about anything at the track except some Corvettes lol
rayraytdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayraytdog

It isnt functional. Best part about the Saleen's is the suspension, I can open a gap on just about anything at the track except some Corvettes lol
Is your package supercharged? Yeah those are my favorite limited edition mustangs ever. Those new saleens are super nice too. Saw a gray one the other day, got my panties all wet.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #76

Region: Iowa
Yeah it is. I wish I could afford a new one lol
rayraytdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
04 GT
K&N CA
Flowmasters 40s
BBK catted shorty X-pipe
Mach 1 grill delete
Sound system
Rims 315 in back
Sequential tail light
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2179874214.png
Views:	74
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	40384   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3642807343.png
Views:	68
Size:	571.7 KB
ID:	40385  

Name:	image-926222129.png
Views:	71
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	40386   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3624067734.png
Views:	84
Size:	617.5 KB
ID:	40387  

TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayraytdog
Yeah it is. I wish I could afford a new one lol
Me too, if i had the money for any mustang it wud be those new ones... I'd prob still build up that engine, those rods and stuff still arent that strong.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I been thinkin. I like my led tail lights and i thought about getting them professionally tinted but i seen the New raxiom tail lights and i think its time for a change. Can i get some opinions? I already have the cervini wing on it. I also thought about getting the black rear deck lid (like the machine 1) and the black rear lower balance insert. Or would that be too much?

These r my current leds. So smoke the leds or get the raxiom with the sequential kit with them? (sequential don't work with leds for future reference)
Old 02-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah dude, that black bar will make it pop soo much. It'll be ok cuz uou still will have a strip of red above it. Its not like the black above it bleeds into it, know what i mean. I'd put the inserts in the bumper to and it will really complete it.

If you are going to do the black bar i wouldn't do the black or tinted lights. That might clash.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Your car looks good tho man, it's different. And you did it without it looking like a beaner mobile.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Yea that's y i didn't want over do it lol.i am not racist at all some of my beat friends r black and Hispanic but i sidnt want it to look like a Mexican mobile lol. I dunno though i fell n love with them raxiom tail lights
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea that's y i didn't want over do it lol.i am not racist at all some of my beat friends r black and Hispanic but i sidnt want it to look like a Mexican mobile lol. I dunno though i fell n love with them raxiom tail lights
Haha, just don't put any chrome fender trim on it or anything like that. Then your screwed.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha, just don't put any chrome fender trim on it or anything like that. Then your screwed.
Lol nah. There will be chrome on the car anywhere badges grill emblem and all is goin black. This is what they look like with the deck

Name:	16091-taillights-9904-smoked.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	40428
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol nah. There will be chrome on the car anywhere badges grill emblem and all is goin black. This is what they look like with the deck
Wat r u talking about? The lights or the badges?...
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wat r u talking about? The lights or the badges?...
The lights and the black strip between the lights.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

But the one i found is semi gloss like my paint
Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The lights and the black strip between the lights.
Oh, ok.

I think that picture looks good. But that's not your car.

I think it will clash a bit on yours because you have so much black above it... it wont look terrible with the black lights. But the lights you have right now will make it pop more in my opinion. You never want too much of anything. Just my thoughts, not trying to Nazi you or anything haha. And i only say this regarding the black bar with the tail lights together. Both seperate I'm definitely a fan of.

I'm sure some of these other guys will have some thoughts about it too.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I just don't think it would look AS good is what i was getting at there....
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Yea that's y i was looking for opinions. Well ill either tint my leds or get them raxiom then. Decisions decisions ... Once again Im not confident n some of my decisions lol. thanks for ur opinion though
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea that's y i was looking for opinions. Well ill either tint my leds or get them raxiom then. Decisions decisions ... Once again Im not confident n some of my decisions lol. thanks for ur opinion though
Haha no problem man. This is why i tend to try and leave my cars as stock looking as possible. I always spend way too much money on some stuff that isn't needed and obsess over it. Its like a drug.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get the rear window louvers for my cobra, but it sure as heck ain't worth the 300 bucks they want for em. I gotta paint this thing tho. You've inspired my idea even more. I'll shoot you a pm pic or something when i finish it. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha no problem man. This is why i tend to try and leave my cars as stock looking as possible. I always spend way too much money on some stuff that isn't needed and obsess over it. Its like a drug.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get the rear window louvers for my cobra, but it sure as heck ain't worth the 300 bucks they want for em. I gotta paint this thing tho. You've inspired my idea even more. I'll shoot you a pm pic or something when i finish it. Thanks.
Definently do that. These and my rims r the last cosmetic thing done for a long time. Im savings for my sc, heads, & cams then my suspension then i can finish my interior and exterior cosmetics. I like the louvers. I thought about them. They look good with certain colors on the New edge and the New Mustang but not on stang before 99. If i had some black ones on mine they would set it off. How many stangs u got?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I've got the paint job, cervini wing, smoked head and fog lights, grille delete kit, mach 1 chin spoiler, & the leds with eibach sport springs for it to be lowered for cosmetics. Ur right its like a drug. U tend to get caught up n it and forget about the suspension and performance mods that a stang is truly made for. But i have quite a bit of performance mods already

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Oh and also got the smoked led 3rd brake light. Ill post a pic tomorrow of the emblems i have for the sides to replace my gt emblems. The r swizeet lol. Ain't seen none like them
Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Definently do that. These and my rims r the last cosmetic thing done for a long time. Im savings for my sc, heads, & cams then my suspension then i can finish my interior and exterior cosmetics. I like the louvers. I thought about them. They look good with certain colors on the New edge and the New Mustang but not on stang before 99. If i had some black ones on mine they would set it off. How many stangs u got?
I just have the cobra now. I was a dumbass and got rid of everything else to put all my money into my gt. ....

Just Sold my 5.0 with a 93 cobra motor in it last year, sold my z28 camaro a couple months ago, sold my ranger (which was super dumb), then put all that into the gt Saleem replica that you see above.

I Rebuilt everything, engine/tranny/ rear end/ repainted it/ i mean everything was good. Lowered, 4.10s/ pp heads/ full intake/ full exhaust/ 4.10s and a dyno tune. Thing was pushing 275 to the wheels. That car was my baby. Then some scumball crashed into it. Had to total it. Ended up loosing all my money.

So, i bought the cobra. That's my new baby. Shes not loved nearly as much as the gt tho. I think about it all the time..... sniffle...
Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just have the cobra now. I was a dumbass and got rid of everything else to put all my money into my gt. ....

Just Sold my 5.0 with a 93 cobra motor in it last year, sold my z28 camaro a couple months ago, sold my ranger (which was super dumb), then put all that into the gt Saleem replica that you see above.

I Rebuilt everything, engine/tranny/ rear end/ repainted it/ i mean everything was good. Lowered, 4.10s/ pp heads/ full intake/ full exhaust/ 4.10s and a dyno tune. Thing was pushing 275 to the wheels. That car was my baby. Then some scumball crashed into it. Had to total it. Ended up loosing all my money.

So, i bought the cobra. That's my new baby. Shes not loved nearly as much as the gt tho. I think about it all the time..... sniffle...
That had to suck. That cobra looks good though. Don't ya wish u had just enough money to get everything done. I don't even care bout being rich. I just want "just enough" lol.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That had to suck. That cobra looks good though. Don't ya wish u had just enough money to get everything done. I don't even care bout being rich. I just want "just enough" lol.
Oh fak yeah! I'm on unemployment now too so its like throwing salt in the wound. I made so much money the last couple years i thought a was ballin and bought all those cars. Check out my pics on my profile.

I'm almost done with it, after i paint it i'm going to put some other exhaust tips on it, some good racing seats and a rear delete, and the louver. That's it.

But money is the key, it's a damn shame.... that's why i love these mustangs. Best bang for your buck. Power/ performance, longevity, price, parts selection, not to mention parts are super cheap.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh fak yeah! I'm on unemployment now too so its like throwing salt in the wound. I made so much money the last couple years i thought a was ballin and bought all those cars. Check out my pics on my profile.

I'm almost done with it, after i paint it i'm going to put some other exhaust tips on it, some good racing seats and a rear delete, and the louver. That's it.

But money is the key, it's a damn shame.... that's why i love these mustangs. Best bang for your buck. Power/ performance, longevity, price, parts selection, not to mention parts are super cheap.
what performance mods u got on the cobra?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking of the a twin turbo for it but that would put it at like a 1000 Hp and at that point you have to change everything, new internals, cooling kits, tranny /drivetrain, etc before i knew it it would easily be another 8 grand plus for something I'm goon to kill myself in anyway. I might as well buy another truck. I need a dd anyway.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was thinking of the a twin turbo for it but that would put it at like a 1000 Hp and at that point you have to change everything, new internals, cooling kits, tranny /drivetrain, etc before i knew it it would easily be another 8 grand plus for something I'm goon to kill myself in anyway. I might as well buy another truck. I need a dd anyway.
Once i get over 600rwhp ill be happy. Which all i need is the kb sc and that'll do it. But i gotta have heads and cams, wouldn't be right if i didn't do that to a muscle car and ill be done with the engine. Only if i could crap about 6-7000 out lol
Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

what performance mods u got on the cobra?
96 cobra, 60k Full k&n cai, msd coil packs, dr gas o/r x, borla side exhaust, bama race tune, lowered on adjustable mm konis and springs, 18x9in cobras w/ 1inch h&r spacers, nittos, raptor shift light, jdm 320mm steering wheel, short shift lever, hawk pads and rotors,.... Oh yeah, and 373 gears from the factory. That's it.

Maybe an underdrive pulley, to free up some Hp, i can't really see much more than that. I'm tired of spending money on cars. I've wasted so many thousands. I just need my Sunday driver and a good truck and an automatic at that Cuz I'm tired of driving the manuals.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

96 cobra, 60k Full k&n cai, msd coil packs, dr gas o/r x, borla side exhaust, bama race tune, lowered on adjustable mm konis and springs, 18x9in cobras w/ 1inch h&r spacers, nittos, raptor shift light, jdm 320mm steering wheel, short shift lever, hawk pads and rotors,.... Oh yeah, and 373 gears from the factory. That's it.

Maybe an underdrive pulley, to free up some Hp, i can't really see much more than that. I'm tired of spending money on cars. I've wasted so many thousands. I just need my Sunday driver and a good truck and an automatic at that Cuz I'm tired of driving the manuals.
Know something i totally forgot i had bbk underdrive pulleys lol
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Once i get over 600rwhp ill be happy. Which all i need is the kb sc and that'll do it. But i gotta have heads and cams, wouldn't be right if i didn't do that to a muscle car and ill be done with the engine. Only if i could crap about 6-7000 out lol
Shoot man, its going to be far more than that. You need to build up your internals for that sc to be running a high psi like that. Don't go cheap with those rods and stuff either, you get what you pay for. The r&r alone on all that work is going to be at least 2gs, and we aren't even talking about the cost of your sc, your heads and cam's (which will be at least 2gs a peice) and your internals.

I'd say your looking at at least 8 thousand bucks to get where you want to be and that's being generous.....

Also you do realize your little t45 tranny cant handle any power over 300 right? You'll blow it quick. So another 2-3 gs for a good transmission too. It starts adding up.

After a while you start thinking you might as well buy a car that is made with that much power stock. Cuz your insurance sure as hell wont cover that....

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Think about it man...
Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Shoot man, its going to be far more than that. You need to build up your internals for that sc to be running a high psi like that. Don't go cheap with those rods and stuff either, you get what you pay for. The r&r alone on all that work is going to be at least 2gs, and we aren't even talking about the cost of your sc, your heads and cam's (which will be at least 2gs a peice) and your internals.

I'd say your looking at at least 8 thousand bucks to get where you want to be and that's being generous.....

Also you do realize your little t45 tranny cant handle any power over 300 right? You'll blow it quick. So another 2-3 gs for a good transmission too. It starts adding up.

After a while you start thinking you might as well buy a car that is made with that much power stock. Cuz your insurance sure as hell wont cover that....

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Think about it man...
Wait the t45 can't handle more than 300??
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Wait the t45 can't handle more than 300??
Maybe like 320 or 350 Max. I've shredded them with less and i have some friends over here that have too. T45s are garbage.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Its possible to build them up but its still not worth it. I say go TKO

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

All depends on how you drive it. But who drives a 400hp car like a grandma?

Nobody.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe like 320 or 350 Max. I've shredded them with less and i have some friends over here that have too. T45s are garbage.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Its possible to build them up but its still not worth it. I say go TKO

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

All depends on how you drive it. But who drives a 400hp car like a grandma?

Nobody.
**** maybe mines close to the end then lol my sc cobra is pushing well past 400... I don't push it too hard but of course at times it's impossible not to
Old 02-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Read this :

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-...45-handle.html
Old 02-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Just bought this car before winter have not had much time to dig into it yet but I'm really excited! Needs a new paint job which I'll be doing this spring after I'm done with a few of the odds and ends I need to finish! Mostly with a few minor mods! Any suggestions on where to begin this is my first mustang ever!?!?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1174692573.png
Views:	55
Size:	679.5 KB
ID:	40439   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2941965415.png
Views:	61
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	40440  

Name:	image-1898112590.png
Views:	56
Size:	651.0 KB
ID:	40441   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1006682728.png
Views:	60
Size:	586.3 KB
ID:	40442  

Name:	image-3947272117.png
Views:	53
Size:	618.4 KB
ID:	40443   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3197482161.png
Views:	55
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	40444  

Name:	image-3415896346.png
Views:	58
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	40445  
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Damn ..lol. Well I've been wanting a t56 anyway haha. But I'm not really looking forward to more shifting. Is there any way to rebuild the t45s with better parts or something to make it better?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Re: lets see yalls ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
Damn ..lol. Well I've been wanting a t56 anyway haha. But I'm not really looking forward to more shifting. Is there any way to rebuild the t45s with better parts or something to make it better?
Yes there is. But, I'm not sure how much that R&R would be. I'm Assuming it would be close to the price of a new tranny.

Just drive that thing until the synchros and shift forks fail then worry about it. That's what i'm doing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT