Another header question. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Another header question.

Alright, got some BBK full lengths for a steal, but I have read my car (04 GT) doesn't gain much other than sound from these because the stock manifolds flow just fine for non-FI applications. It doesn't look like i'll have access to a lift, and I am fully aware of how difficult these are to install. Question is should I sell them and invest my money elsewhere (dont have a tuner yet..) or just gut it out, not be a whiner and just install them? I'm perfectly content with the way my car sounds..
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
Alright, got some BBK full lengths for a steal, but I have read my car (04 GT) doesn't gain much other than sound from these because the stock manifolds flow just fine for non-FI applications. It doesn't look like i'll have access to a lift, and I am fully aware of how difficult these are to install. Question is should I sell them and invest my money elsewhere (dont have a tuner yet..) or just gut it out, not be a whiner and just install them? I'm perfectly content with the way my car sounds..
I would sell them and invest the money elsewhere I have these headers on my ride ( 03-gt) the install is not to bad if u support the engine from the top and drop the sub frame the problem I had was after the install the my car lost horsepower around 20 and torque and my engine light always on it was the o2sensors I installed the mil eliminators they only work for the sensors after the set of cats I had to fix the prob by going to a synonym shop and have the car retuned
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: Another header question.

KEEP THEM! I love my long tubes. You have some other issue if you lost power with the install. They make the car sound great, the cars pulls better at higher RPMs, and they will definatley help out if you decide to do other mods in the future
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
KEEP THEM! I love my long tubes. You have some other issue if you lost power with the install. They make the car sound great, the cars pulls better at higher RPMs, and they will definatley help out if you decide to do other mods in the future
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
504gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
KEEP THEM! I love my long tubes. You have some other issue if you lost power with the install. They make the car sound great, the cars pulls better at higher RPMs, and they will definatley help out if you decide to do other mods in the future
I got these LTs and some other supporting mods, really woke the car up an sounds awesome also
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Last quick Q... Will I need a tune after I install them? I'm not looking to spend 350 dollars just to keep the car from running like crap after I put them on.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: Another header question.

You dont NEED one but its recommended just to get the full use of them. If you dont have the tune you will see some increase but not as much. However the sound itself is worth it. Just do it and then on down the road get a tuner to take full advantage of them
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black99Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Colorado
Posts: 433
Yes a tune afterwards or buy a handheld and change things as needed with out paying 350+ everything u need a change
__________________
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
I would highly recommend getting a tuner for it!.. First off because you want to be on the safe side and not run too lean!.. LT headers can cause that!.. Especially when coupled with an o/r mid pipe and cat back exhaust!..

Secondly a tuner by itself is worth it's weight in gold!.. If you are looking at doing some future mods then you really should get a tuner!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
I would highly recommend getting a tuner for it!.. First off because you want to be on the safe side and not run too lean!.. LT headers can cause that!.. Especially when coupled with an o/r mid pipe and cat back exhaust!..

Secondly a tuner by itself is worth it's weight in gold!.. If you are looking at doing some future mods then you really should get a tuner!..
The thing is that I can't stretch myself too thin. I have other more important things I have to budget for, and a tuner is going to get in the way of that. I got the headers for a steal, but I really dont want to buy them then get stuck with my baby running like crap until I invest more money into it. I think I'm going to get rid of them to pad the cost of a tuner.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
You will be fine. I ran with out a tuner for over a month with my LTs
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

The thing is that I can't stretch myself too thin. I have other more important things I have to budget for, and a tuner is going to get in the way of that. I got the headers for a steal, but I really dont want to buy them then get stuck with my baby running like crap until I invest more money into it. I think I'm going to get rid of them to pad the cost of a tuner.
If I were you I would hang on to them until I got the tuner!.. But that's just me!.. If you do decide to se them PM me!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

If I were you I would hang on to them until I got the tuner!.. But that's just me!.. If you do decide to se them PM me!..
Clear some space in your inbox..
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

Clear some space in your inbox..
Sorry bout that!.. Done!.. Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
I would keep them too...you got one hellova steal on those...keep that deal and either install and run w/o a tune (you'll be alright) or wait till you can afford a tuner to install...either one of those options is what I would do!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Well I just had our local Master of Mopar come into my work, a guy i'd consider myself friends with. He said "those won't take long" and said we can use his lift. "don't bother bringing tools". So I guess I'm doing these headers lol.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
Well I just had our local Master of Mopar come into my work, a guy i'd consider myself friends with. He said "those won't take long" and said we can use his lift. "don't bother bringing tools". So I guess I'm doing these headers lol.
Awesome!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Kinda funny how things work out
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Header question back n a stang 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 12-20-2011 07:50 AM
Another Header question OrganDonor 2011-2014 Mustang GT 12 10-30-2011 02:54 PM
Header question Brandon91 1979-1995 Mustang GT 45 08-29-2011 03:33 PM
header question workmail21 1979-1995 Mustang GT 12 07-26-2011 02:15 PM
header question workmail21 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 07-19-2011 03:20 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.