Performance People... opinion needed. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
Performance People... opinion needed.

Hey guys and gals... I have a drive to be different.. as if the car doesnt scream that already lol, but I want to do something off the walls with the intake. I will not go to a power adder so I want to stay a NA vert. here is what I have discovered but want some opinions

I found this setup and immediately fell in love. I know its steep at 1500 bucks but I am curious to see if someone else makes a forward facing TB?

The hp gains were pretty good from what I can see

"10.75:1 compression, Comp 270 cams, and Livernois Stage 1 heads. The car has long tube headers and full exhaust, and obviously our new manifold. This is a very mild combination that idles at 800 rpm and has excellent driveability. It is also inexpensive and does not include any special parts. It produces incredible power however, with 321 rwhp and 309 lb-ft."

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Kansas
Re: Performance People... opinion needed.

This sounds like a strong set up, if you do all the mods listed. But to do that, you will need to pull the engine to change out the pistons, heads, cams, valves and springs and your new intake... lets see 1,500 for the intake plus 2,000 for the heads, another 800 for pistons, and then the cams and valves and springs, lets say another 1,800... So we are talking $6,000+ and then there are the long tube headers, and a dyno tune, and of course, all that labor....

But if that's what you would like to do... go for it...

Me? I'd throw a Pro-Charger on it in a week-end and go have some fun.. It would cost less and would create more power...

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT