Huge cowl hood - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Where could I find a HUGE cowl hood for a 03 gt? I'm talking 6-8 inches. I want to be obnoxious lol
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 40
Re: Huge cowl hood

do you have the power to back up a hood that big or is this like a honda kid putting a huge wing on the back and a fire extinguisher on the a pillar?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

lol I am determined to find you one now and IDC if your pushin the power or not! lol to each is their own!
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
do you have the power to back up a hood that big or is this like a honda kid putting a huge wing on the back and a fire extinguisher on the a pillar?
I have a stock engine. I just LOVE the way the cowl hoods look

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
lol I am determined to find you one now and IDC if your pushin the power or not! lol to each is their own!
Lol thanks . I cannot find a big one
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

this is STILL the most current top hood on my mind. I wish I could find this.

__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 40
Re: Huge cowl hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
I have a stock engine. I just LOVE the way the cowl hoods look

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------



Lol thanks . I cannot find a big one
please look into a 2.5"....people who put big cowls on stock cars are sad to see...when i find them @ nmra events i always take pics for local stang sites to get a laugh at.

hell 4" at the most and promise you get a power adder down the road
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
02NightmareGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 262
Feathercarbon.com
02NightmareGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
this is STILL the most current top hood on my mind. I wish I could find this.
That's a good looking mustang

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous

please look into a 2.5"....people who put big cowls on stock cars are sad to see...when i find them @ nmra events i always take pics for local stang sites to get a laugh at.

hell 4" at the most and promise you get a power adder down the road
Lol I'm deff adding power adders on my car. I just love seeing mustangs with a decent size cowl hood
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 40
Re: Huge cowl hood

there is big and there is too big....we had a 4" on a friends termi...gave the whipple plenty of breathing room. driving it i would of hated anything bigger...especially on a DD
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
there is big and there is too big....we had a 4" on a friends termi...gave the whipple plenty of breathing room. driving it i would of hated anything bigger...especially on a DD
Yea I'm prolly ganna look Into a 4". I don't want to completely ruin the look of my car
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

I chose the 4" for one reason... and people laugh when I say I am staying N/A but in order to clear this bad boy, i didnt want to have any complications lol



and one painted all purdy
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
02NightmareGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi

Yea I'm prolly ganna look Into a 4". I don't want to completely ruin the look of my car
Get the HO Fibertrends 4".. It's the best looking cowl IMO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-242244715.png
Views:	577
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	40574   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3090159325.png
Views:	635
Size:	525.5 KB
ID:	40575  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-269021788.png
Views:	1083
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	40576  
02NightmareGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
I chose the 4" for one reason... and people laugh when I say I am staying N/A but in order to clear this bad boy, i didnt want to have any complications lol

and one painted all purdy
What is that
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

3v intske manifold swap
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
3v intske manifold swap
How is that even possible?...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

I guess I should re word it to, 3v style intake mani. it sits higher and runs a cobra twin blade throttle body, and is facing forward instead of backwards.
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT

Get the HO Fibertrends 4".. It's the best looking cowl IMO
That is one sick hood!
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
I guess I should re word it to, 3v style intake mani. it sits higher and runs a cobra twin blade throttle body, and is facing forward instead of backwards.
That's F****** SICK!! How many horses??
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
03gt5.4l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 44
I have a 4 in on mine and wish I had a stock hood the cowl is just to big and its hard to see. If you can tell me how to fit a 5.4l under a stock hood ill give my hood away for cheap.
03gt5.4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gt5.4l View Post
I have a 4 in on mine and wish I had a stock hood the cowl is just to big and its hard to see. If you can tell me how to fit a 5.4l under a stock hood ill give my hood away for cheap.
why not shrink down to a 2.5" cowl? or a cobra R?
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
03gt5.4l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 44
Idk I just like the look of a stock hood way better and I'm not gonna spend a bunch of money on another hood I don't like that much. I might put my 4.6l back in just to run my other hood.
03gt5.4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Huge cowl hood

and then sell me the motor your running now
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
03gt5.4l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 44
Lol I don't think I'm gonna sell it I got way to much time and $$$$$ stuck into it I think ill prolly put it in my model A. It should be a lot of fun in it!
03gt5.4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To: Plasti Dip Your Car (In Depth, 6 pages worth of Microsoft Word) Topless04GT Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 318 05-17-2017 01:40 PM
Aerocatch Flush Mount Hood Pins Installed! primer2tone Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 16 09-25-2016 12:04 PM
Time to peel the hood... Topless04GT Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 0 02-09-2012 07:23 PM
Hood scoop issues? Dubya11 General Mustang Discussion 3 12-13-2011 07:06 PM
3" Cobra Jet Replica Cowl Hood JohnnyMustang 2011-2014 Mustang GT 29 06-30-2011 04:13 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.