Mustang Evolution Forum banner

gauge overlays

13K views 61 replies 12 participants last post by  dmax8709 
#1 ·
#34 ·
Just tried installing mine. Had to quit before I lost it. May try again this weekend. Grrrrr. Pain in the ass for sure. Two hours just to get the gauge out then my fat hands couldn't undue the power clips in the back. Ugh. I wonder how much it will cost to have them professionally installed.

#35 ·
Daly2000GT said:
Just tried installing mine. Had to quit before I lost it. May try again this weekend. Grrrrr. Pain in the ass for sure. Two hours just to get the gauge out then my fat hands couldn't undue the power clips in the back. Ugh. I wonder how much it will cost to have them professionally installed.
I've pulled my gauges before. Only takes about 15-20 min to pull them for me. And what I've read its only 2-3 wires to put n. I dunno how much it'll cost. That's something I've never heard anything on or about. Did u get everything pulled out except the harness on the back? How many wires is on urs? Which ones did u have?

#36 ·
Two hours was a little exaggerated. It was maybe 45 actual minutes when you take away all the walking around trying to find my tools, smoke breaks, calls from work, etc. I did have a hell of a time with the headlight knob though. But the wiring would have been relatively easy had I gotten to it. It is the same ground, headlight split set up. I have the $25 from eBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.