Mustang Evolution Forum banner

gauge overlays

13K views 61 replies 12 participants last post by  dmax8709 
#1 ·
#3 ·
BigB227 said:
Yeah I have overlays on mine and I love the look, doesn't take much to install if you know the basics of electrics
What color r ur factory gauges? Those r nice but they suppose to be white and red. That's what i was worried about. They look blueish. Don't get me wrong they look good and i was looking at those and another set. But i was wanting to make sure the colors were gonna be accurate to go along with the color scheme of the car.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Did u look at the ones i had picked out?

#4 ·
Yea I saw them and yeah I bought mine to be the color they are, the ones your looking at wil be the color it's showing

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

My factory gauges are the black background and the green neon ish color lol

#5 ·
BigB227 said:
Yea I saw them and yeah I bought mine to be the color they are, the ones your looking at wil be the color it's showing

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

My factory gauges are the black background and the green neon ish color lol
So them red and white ones that r diff than urs should show red and white. No matter what gauge colors i have? Mine r the white gauges. Think that'll make a difference?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

And if u don't mind, what all did u do to get them on there? Just lay them on there and put everything back together ?

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

And did u get them off ebay or where?

#7 ·
I have the same blue set in the picture above but i but haven't installed them yet. From my research it has no bearing on the background color. You disconnect the lights to your existing and wire these in. You will be fine. I'm a little worried about the wiring myself.

#9 ·
Yea the ones im looking at said no instructions come with it. Is it self explanatory? Im bout to order them red ones now

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

BigB227 said:
Yea I too was a lil sketchy about it but I looked up write ups on it and it went through like a breeze
I have bad eyes lol can someone tell me if the link i have that look like urs if that is blueish or white. I just wana make sure before i make a decision on which ones i get. Give me some feedback folks on which ones y'all like. Only thing keeping me for the red ones is they don't come with instructions

#12 ·
dmax8709 said:
How many wires is it to hook up? Can u hook it up to urn factory dimmer?
When I did mine I didn't have to even mess with wires. It just goes right on. Just be sure to not get the gauge needles in too deep or else they won't turn. I took mine apart about 10 times because the needles wouldn't move until I found out that my problem was the needles were in too far

#13 ·
vinnygt said:
When I did mine I didn't have to even mess with wires. It just goes right on. Just be sure to not get the gauge needles in too deep or else they won't turn. I took mine apart about 10 times because the needles wouldn't move until I found out that my problem was the needles were in too far
These that we r talkin bout have their on power and lights. I have took them if before so its nothing new. Thanks for the info though

#17 ·
vinnygt said:
Yeah I checked them out man They look sweet ! I just didn't know it came with its own power lol. The first ones look nice. I think it would look badass on your car.
Yea i believe i am gonna go with them. Im waiting on another guy to reply to see how the hook up is before i make a decision. One comes with instructions the other doesn't. I hope they r simple i really want the red ones.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

BigB227 said:
Mine didn't come with any instructions either; but I'd have to say I really like the first link with the red and white but it's up to you and what you like

How many wires is it to hook up? Can u hook it up to ur factory dimmer?

#19 ·
I found instructions here, not the same over lay but same exact process

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

You only have to splice into one wire and your good, the gauges have a lil junction relay box that has a positive and ground wire, hook the positive into the headlight and ground the negative and follow instructions in the link and you'll be good :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/99-04 gauges-instructions.pdf

#21 ·
i had mac brand back in the day but had to remove my OEM (was not powered by its own light). Its better not to remove the needles but on 99+ its easier to reset them

#22 ·
BigB227 said:
I found instructions here, not the same over lay but same exact process

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

You only have to splice into one wire and your good, the gauges have a lil junction relay box that has a positive and ground wire, hook the positive into the headlight and ground the negative and follow instructions in the link and you'll be good :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/99-04%20gauges-instructions.pdf
Ok man thanks a lot. U been a big help

#24 ·
Man I wonder if they got some sexy red ones like that for 9495.

This is what I have

Attachments

#25 ·
Timm04 said:
Really you need to let me know how it goes I really might look into getting those! I like the red ones alot
K i ordered them last night. As soon as i get them n ill update u and post pics

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

mystang50 said:
Man I wonder if they got some sexy red ones like that for 9495.

This is what I have
Look on ebay. They had some on there for the 94-95s that looked good

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Mine r just the factory white n the 00s. I was prolly the only person that has them and wanted the black ones lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.