my mod list questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
my mod list questions

hey TH-
thanks for taking the time. hopefully the rest of the guys here won't mind us talking '04 !

you have some background and my goal, SO... (prob, but not necessarily this order):
1. caik(already here!) by k&n, and the sct tuner(i do have some questions about relevance of the new tunes based on a 'simple' mod)
2. TB(70 or 75mm max, manuf yet TBD)and maybe plenum. also curious if new MAF has any impact!
3. s-t shifter- hurst, steeda, or Pro5.0. i realize this will not yield any actual power, but a must have!
4. cat back(or catted w/mils?) exhaust, but i have big reservations about this mod... more on that later/after hearing your view.

there are several others, but will wait till we bang thru these!
imhooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked
hey TH-
thanks for taking the time. hopefully the rest of the guys here won't mind us talking '04 !

you have some background and my goal, SO... (prob, but not necessarily this order):
1. caik(already here!) by k&n, and the sct tuner(i do have some questions about relevance of the new tunes based on a 'simple' mod)
2. TB(70 or 75mm max, manuf yet TBD)and maybe plenum. also curious if new MAF has any impact!
3. s-t shifter- hurst, steeda, or Pro5.0. i realize this will not yield any actual power, but a must have!
4. cat back(or catted w/mils?) exhaust, but i have big reservations about this mod... more on that later/after hearing your view.

Well I can tell u from experience that you will love the pro 5.0 shifter but that's what everyone says about their shifter so I guess u can't really go wrong with that. And I was told the maf won't actually make an impact at all. What questions do u have about the tuner?
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: my mod list questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked View Post
hey TH-

1. Tuning or tweaking the engine is usually always good for a few horsepower. The more mods you have, the more power there is to be gained from tuning.

2. 70MM will be big enough for most mods, if you ever plan on forced induction of some type then go with the 75MM, maybe even larger depending on the horsepower level you are shooting for. A larger MAF is only necessary if what you have is small enough to be a restriction. A MAF also needs to be changed to match or be recalibrated if you change injector size. I favor the ABACO MAFS because you can recalibrate and tune them yourself on a desktop or laptop PC. The 85MM would work for you.

3. The Pro 5.0 is my favorite and on the Fox Body Mustangs it improved the 2-3 shift so you wouldn't miss third gear so much when speed or power shifting.

4. If you have to pass smog keep the cats, but you can upgrade them to better flowing aftermarket models. MILS, I think turn off the CEL light if you get rid of the O2 sensors located after the catalytic converters. You have to keep the front O2 sensors for your computer to be able to adjust the tune on your engine.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

1. i kind understand, but wasn't sure if they really tweak the computer tune. in other words, if i just put a bbk 70mm TB on and nothing else, they have something specific for that, and the update will really be a little diff than the last ones???
2. yes, i heard no need to go >70 unless forced... just wasn't sure about the need for new maf on a mildly modded motor.
3. will look closer at pro5.0 in 99-04 app, otherwise the steeda tri-ax. not sure about the whole adjustable stop thing
4. yes, i'm in ny. again have some reservation 'bout (the benefit of) 'high flow" cats, and cat-backs in general. i heard, maybe with the exception of f-m's chambered mufflers, no real improvement in air flow over stock??? do bear in mind, while i'd like the car to sound slightly meaner, noise is not my objective.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

hey vin,
joe here, from fishkill, ny... didn't even c u chimed in... thanks! i put a quick thing about my tuner concern moments ago. in a nutshell, one of the guys in svc at local ford dealer (they also sell sct, and he is a mustang guy too!) said the basic tunes i will get with my purchase might never really need to be updated, unless i did a little more major work vs. simple bolt on mods
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
1. i kind understand, but wasn't sure if they really tweak the computer tune. in other words, if i just put a bbk 70mm TB on and nothing else, they have something specific for that, and the update will really be a little diff than the last ones???
2. yes, i heard no need to go >70 unless forced... just wasn't sure about the need for new maf on a mildly modded motor.
3. will look closer at pro5.0 in 99-04 app, otherwise the steeda tri-ax. not sure about the whole adjustable stop thing
4. yes, i'm in ny. again have some reservation 'bout (the benefit of) 'high flow" cats, and cat-backs in general. i heard, maybe with the exception of f-m's chambered mufflers, no real improvement in air flow over stock??? do bear in mind, while i'd like the car to sound slightly meaner, noise is not my objective.
1. Yes they really tweak the computer tune. Exactly how precise and what all they can tune, I don't know because I am not familiar with them. Sorry.

2. The MAF may not make much difference on a mildly modded engine unless it is significantly smaller than the rest of your intake system.

3. The adjustable stops keep you from bending the shifting forks inside the transmission for those that do not have that function built into them.

4.. High flow cats work, they can prove it with flow tests and some will give you a visible flow improvement by showing how much more light will pass through the cores. You can actually see how much bigger the exhaust passages are.
Look at the Dynomax mufflers. If I remember correctly reading some flow tests, they placed highest in actual flow improvement.

My pain meds are kicking in and I'm going to have to crash for a while. Go ahead and post any other concerns and questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them when I wake up.
Once we are finished I will move this thread to the correct forum so you can see if they can provide you with more or better answers.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

soab! i just typed out this whole reply(did choose fast reply... guess not fast enough), and got 'do not have permission login again', and lost my text! what's with the timing here?!!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

just to try to put this to bed(i'll list my other mod ideas in next reply to post):

will get the tuner... i do believe it will help the cause, and it's not really a ton of money. if nothing else, will be learning experience. i plan to report back (to you at least, and possibly general post/thread too) my results. will be mostly by experience and feel. again i'm looking 4 throttle response, power, and just a slightly meaner sound. wish i could take for controlled dyno runs and true results, but not sure if would prove to be worth the time or expense.

on the MAF, prob won't benefit me. i just received my k&n gen2, and if/when do TB, no larger than 70 or 75mm and plenum. won't be going forced anytime soon, and no plans for mani/inj system upgrade, so mute point i presume.

on shifter, my tranny guy says stops in unit(tr-3650), so assuming (hoping!) out of box setup will work. prob the 5.0 or steeda tri-ax. don't feel like adjusting something i don't know a lot about, just want to bolt it on and race through the gears!

lastly, will continue looking into exhaust. more when i get some concrete idea

lastly,

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

forgot to say... hope you're feeling a little better today(and your little moving mouse cursor on your posts drives me up the wall!)

how du u du that anyway???
Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
soab! i just typed out this whole reply(did choose fast reply... guess not fast enough), and got 'do not have permission login again', and lost my text! what's with the timing here?!!
---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------
just to try to put this to bed(i'll list my other mod ideas in next reply to post):

will get the tuner... i do believe it will help the cause, and it's not really a ton of money. if nothing else, will be learning experience. i plan to report back (to you at least, and possibly general post/thread too) my results. will be mostly by experience and feel. again i'm looking 4 throttle response, power, and just a slightly meaner sound. wish i could take for controlled dyno runs and true results, but not sure if would prove to be worth the time or expense.

on the MAF, prob won't benefit me. i just received my k&n gen2, and if/when do TB, no larger than 70 or 75mm and plenum. won't be going forced anytime soon, and no plans for mani/inj system upgrade, so mute point i presume.

on shifter, my tranny guy says stops in unit(tr-3650), so assuming (hoping!) out of box setup will work. prob the 5.0 or steeda tri-ax. don't feel like adjusting something i don't know a lot about, just want to bolt it on and race through the gears!

lastly, will continue looking into exhaust. more when i get some concrete idea

lastly,
---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------
forgot to say... hope you're feeling a little better today(and your little moving mouse cursor on your posts drives me up the wall!)

how du u du that anyway???
There's no problem that I'm aware of with the forum timing, but I'm using a desktop PC, so the issue may be with your phone or internet app if that is what you are using.

Getting the tuner is a good choice IMO.
If you phone incorporates an accelerometer, there are dyno/performance type apps that will help you test your tuning and they are said to be quite accurate.

The only benefit you might derive from the MAF is, IF you use the ABACO you can tune it precisely to work with your fuel map, but likely the gains will not be enough to justify the cost. Me, I love to tinker, so it's something I would do just for the experience.

The shifter, the stops on the Pro 5.0 are EASY to set. I set mine by placing the shifter firmly in the gears and allowing just a bit (1/16" - 1/8" or so) more clearance to the stop bolts.
I have heard that the newer Tremecs don't need the stops, but for my peace of mind I would set them anyways. It's that tinkering thing again.

Just research the exhaust and flow charts until you have an idea of what you want. Everyone is different, so what I would choose is not necessarily what you might want.

Thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate that.
My days & nights are up and down, sometimes bearable, sometimes not.
At this point I'm really aggravated with work comp and their puppet doctors.
May they all rot in hell for what they put people through.

The pointer is just a small animated GIF file. I forgot I had purchased an animated GIF program some time ago and I just ran across it again yesterday and was playing with it.
It kind of bugs me too, so I'll probably take it down soon. The first time I ran across that particular GIF, I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with my mouse at first.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

hey TH, thanks again. no iphone yet, so that app is out till then but it does sound interesting. i'll search the threads and google it.

it's rainin' here so i can't go out amd put my cai on till tomorrow! . here's the remainder of my mod list(letters this time) for the time being:

A. i think you'll like this one... new rear gears with the whole install kit; prob just 3.73's(4,10's?!!!). not sure, but richmond or ford racing first came to mind. unfortunately, will probably just have to pay someone to do this one!

B. a (steeda?) u-p drive, but not sure if it's worth the invest. what, MAYBE 2-5 HP gain at wheels if lucky?!

C. new clutch and cable kit, but don't think i will really NEED that. maybe wait till stock goes?

D. not lowering, but prob add better than OE struts and rear shocks. maybe strut tower brace too, but same thing here... not if i don't have the added power to justify it's use and expense.

E. a NEW cd player/ head unit and speakers ; actually, my stock 6cd changer still works pretty well outside of 2 minor irritating intermittent 'nuances' (kind of gives the little piece of $#!T a personality if you as me!)

if there's anything else obvious that to you that i haven't thought, please tell me so i can look into it. hope you're having a good day man-
j
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
hey TH, thanks again. no iphone yet, so that app is out till then but it does sound interesting. i'll search the threads and google it.

it's rainin' here so i can't go out amd put my cai on till tomorrow! . here's the remainder of my mod list(letters this time) for the time being:

A. i think you'll like this one... new rear gears with the whole install kit; prob just 3.73's(4,10's?!!!). not sure, but richmond or ford racing first came to mind. unfortunately, will probably just have to pay someone to do this one!

B. a (steeda?) u-p drive, but not sure if it's worth the invest. what, MAYBE 2-5 HP gain at wheels if lucky?!

C. new clutch and cable kit, but don't think i will really NEED that. maybe wait till stock goes?

D. not lowering, but prob add better than OE struts and rear shocks. maybe strut tower brace too, but same thing here... not if i don't have the added power to justify it's use and expense.

E. a NEW cd player/ head unit and speakers ; actually, my stock 6cd changer still works pretty well outside of 2 minor irritating intermittent 'nuances' (kind of gives the little piece of $#!T a personality if you as me!)

if there's anything else obvious that to you that i haven't thought, please tell me so i can look into it. hope you're having a good day man-
j
A. Gears are one of the best mods and one that you will feel the most in the SOYP (Seat of Your Pants). The install is quite involved and if you are not comfortable with it, it is best left to an expert.

B. To me Under Drive Pulleys are just not worth the time and expense, but if you like them then go for it.

C. Replace the clutch before it goes and you may save the flywheel. The choice is up to you. I would also replace the quadrant and add an adjuster along with the cable mod for maximum adjustability and clutch reliability. You can find the cable mod in the Useful Info thread. It keeps the TOB (Throw Out Bearing) from riding on the pressure plate fingers.

D. Look at the Strange struts and shocks. They have some decently priced adjustables.

E. Stereos are not my "thing" I mainly listen to the engine/pipes and the music they make. One of my biggest You Tube video gripes is the music most people put in them. You can't even hear what their engines sound like. Maybe that's a good thing for most?

Sounds like you have most of it covered pretty well. I wish I was more knowledgeable about the newer cars, so I could help you more, but being old school I'm stuck in the mid 80's to early 90's for now, but a lot of that knowledge is applicable too.

Woke up feeling like a truck ran over me, a couple of pain meds and I'm doing better.
Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm with you on the lack of radio importance. My car is a piece of work...purchased used radio in it w power going to it but no sound. Then I noticed antenna wire cut behind my fenders which aren't attached lol. No worries took off faceplate and listen to car. If I feel like music I use my phone, but honestly I can't hear it my car is loud. When I had my f100 I did the same. I had custom duals from manifold back w flowmaster40s. Sounded like mustang, just opened back window and listened.
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox View Post
I'm with you on the lack of radio importance. My car is a piece of work...purchased used radio in it w power going to it but no sound. Then I noticed antenna wire cut behind my fenders which aren't attached lol. No worries took off faceplate and listen to car. If I feel like music I use my phone, but honestly I can't hear it my car is loud. When I had my f100 I did the same. I had custom duals from manifold back w flowmaster40s. Sounded like mustang, just opened back window and listened.
When I drive my Mustang, I tend to want to go fast or play a bit.
When I go fast or I'm playing a bit, I need to be paying attention to where I am going or playing.
A stereo for me is a distraction I can do without most of the time.
It does have a stereo, amp and stuff for when I am working on it and want to listen to some tunes though.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
i also dont have a radio.well i do have the factory radio on my shelf but not worried about putting it in.may after everything i want to do to my is complete i may put a small system in it.i saw this thread about 5 months ago where the guy made a custom box for his trunk.he masking taped the carpet in the trunk.all he did was fiber glass the corners then pulled it out.the taped was just so he could make the shape off the trunk withought sticking to the carpet.it was simple but yet genious.i liked the idea so much i wanted to take on the challenge.but like i said that is ways away.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

hey guys... the radio was kind of a joke

i'm 47, and have laugh when i hear someone's sub rattling the bumper off the car (it amazes me how many of them don't even understand what distortion is). i'm not putting money into a car stereo system over the mods.

if i do end up putting o/r x, or even hi-flow catted pipe, on the vehicle i would have to guess would be a mute point anyway. (yep; pun intended!)

have a great weekend-
j
Old 02-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
hey guys... the radio was kind of a joke

i'm 47, and have laugh when i hear someone's sub rattling the bumper off the car (it amazes me how many of them don't even understand what distortion is). i'm not putting money into a car stereo system over the mods.

if i do end up putting o/r x, or even hi-flow catted pipe, on the vehicle i would have to guess would be a mute point anyway. (yep; pun intended!)

have a great weekend-
j
Yeah, we kinda' got carried away there eh?
The "boomers" tickle and irritate me at the same time.
Sometimes you wonder just how much distortion their ears and speakers can take.

Have a good weekend yourself.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

cai is in! just little stickier than expected (projected?!) ... only took for quick spin. not 'overly' impressed, but will go out again later. already started looking for some used exhaust parts, including o-r x pipe!

also talked to a guy that has a 2.5" catback system (doesn;t even know the make; mufflers unmarked with exception of a string of numbers)... figured could replace mufflers cheap enuff but only thing concerning me is looks like 1 piece (welded), which sounds to me like b!t@# to go in; maybe even have to drop rear?

back to tuner, if u no, wut u think 'bout diablo rather than sct? do they have 2 b unlocked also if bought secondhand, and do they also do the tune 4 life kinda thing like sct??? diablo was closed today so couldn't call myself

maybe talk later-
j
Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
cai is in! just little stickier than expected (projected?!) ... only took for quick spin. not 'overly' impressed, but will go out again later. already started looking for some used exhaust parts, including o-r x pipe!

also talked to a guy that has a 2.5" catback system (doesn;t even know the make; mufflers unmarked with exception of a string of numbers)... figured could replace mufflers cheap enuff but only thing concerning me is looks like 1 piece (welded), which sounds to me like b!t@# to go in; maybe even have to drop rear?

back to tuner, if u no, wut u think 'bout diablo rather than sct? do they have 2 b unlocked also if bought secondhand, and do they also do the tune 4 life kinda thing like sct??? diablo was closed today so couldn't call myself

maybe talk later-
j
You won't see any huge gains from a CAI, but it will better compliment other mods, such as exhaust. If you mod to bring the air in faster, you need to exhaust the burned gases faster too.
Note: I recently read in one of my Mustang Performance books that it works best to set up your air intake in a funnel like configuration. Example - Start with a 75MM or larger MAF and "funnel" it into a 65-70MM TB and the engine intake manifold. By doing this it is supposed to increase the velocity of the incoming air for a little bit of added "boost" upon its introduction into the intake itself.

On the welded exhaust, yes trying to install it all welded together would be a huge pain, but if it is cheap enough and you have access to a cut off tool you can carefully cut behind the welds to take it apart, then install and re-weld.

Sorry, but I really don't know a lot about either of those tuners.
That being said I would prefer whichever of them that would let you tune it yourself like the AFM PMS does for the 88-95 Mustangs.

P.S. I am going to go ahead and move this thread to the appropriate forum.
Those guys/girls will know more about the tuners than I do.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

maybe talk later-
j
On the tuner subject: I personally have the SCT from AM. Yes the tuner needs to be unlocked. The tunes for life thing is just a deal that various companies do. I haven't heard of any real differences between the Diablo and SCT.

On the subject of a short throw: I have a Pro 5.0 shifter and honestly I don't like it as much as my buddies Steeda Tri-Ax. One big issue for me is that the Pro 5.0 has a straight handle vs the Steeda having a kinked handle like stock. I have to reach farther for the Pro 5.0
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

hey jd,
thx 4 chimin in... yeah i knew the sct units need unlock; wasn't sure about diablo's. i'll call them direct on monday. (honestly, i found i guy with the tuner, an o-r x pipe, and factory rims with 2 of 4 great tires for 350 bux total!)

about the shifter, i was kinda leanin toward the tri-ax myself, in spite of the 5.0's positive following. had also considered the hurst unit, but some how feel better 'bout the steeda.

i don't recall if we spoke about it in previous threads, but wut exhaust u got, and did u install it yourself? also, do you fool around with any vitals in your tunes yourself, or just get updates from AM/bama whenevr u do something?

joe
Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
hey jd,
thx 4 chimin in... yeah i knew the sct units need unlock; wasn't sure about diablo's. i'll call them direct on monday. (honestly, i found i guy with the tuner, an o-r x pipe, and factory rims with 2 of 4 great tires for 350 bux total!)

about the shifter, i was kinda leanin toward the tri-ax myself, in spite of the 5.0's positive following. had also considered the hurst unit, but some how feel better 'bout the steeda.

i don't recall if we spoke about it in previous threads, but wut exhaust u got, and did u install it yourself? also, do you fool around with any vitals in your tunes yourself, or just get updates from AM/bama whenevr u do something?

joe
That sounds like an awesome deal. Im still runnin the stock exhaust due to my lack of funds. Once I get the money I'm ordering some Borla Stingers and I'll install it myself. I don't trust my experience yet messing with tunes so I just stock with the Bama ones
Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

jd,
seriously... if you can do suspensions (just reread an earlier reply from you), i think you can handle one of those silly kids computers!

would like to talk 2 u if/when u got some time... i get so f'n tired of typing.

i saw the pics of your car; did you refinish those calipers by hand?! notice any diifference with the slotted rotors??? i'm getting ready to re-do my fronts, and have to do the backs VERY shortly
Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
jd,
seriously... if you can do suspensions (just reread an earlier reply from you), i think you can handle one of those silly kids computers!

would like to talk 2 u if/when u got some time... i get so f'n tired of typing.

i saw the pics of your car; did you refinish those calipers by hand?! notice any diifference with the slotted rotors??? i'm getting ready to re-do my fronts, and have to do the backs VERY shortly
Haha I wish it worked that way, engines are one beast that I don't want to tackle just quite yet.

I'm free anytime after like 2 tomorrow of you wanna talk then.

I'm building my car for the roadcourse so I bought those rotors to help keep them cooler and hopefully prevent warping, so no I didn't feel a difference. However I did put ceramic pads on and that made a big difference.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

if im around later will try you and maybe give ph number 2 u to chat about suspension...

had spoken to a guy at centric, and yes slotted is good, but only in more spirited(harder) driving and braking. i believe they help reduce brake 'fade' due to heat being dissipated more readily. slots help relieve buildup of gasses. said also same for cross-drilled, however can be more prone to stress fractures and subsequent to premature failure maybe

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

btw, i bought plain old centric premium rotors. better(metallurgy and process) than their standard, and have pretty good rep. they also use black powder coat on on centers which is nice touch (wonder how long the look lasts?). was planning to use ceramic pads myself, prob Wagner thermo-quiet or Raybestos advanced technology, however am now seriously considering centrics stop tech's. put link below if u want 2 look

also, what really blew me away was when i saw their rebuilt calipers (i had to use a1 cardones 6 months ago in a pinch , and while work fine, bracket completely rusted. also link here below

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

oops... here are the links:

Centric Posi Quiet Loaded Caliper

BRAKE FRICTION - Centric Parts
Old 02-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if im around later will try you and maybe give ph number 2 u to chat about suspension...

had spoken to a guy at centric, and yes slotted is good, but only in more spirited(harder) driving and braking. i believe they help reduce brake 'fade' due to heat being dissipated more readily. slots help relieve buildup of gasses. said also same for cross-drilled, however can be more prone to stress fractures and subsequent to premature failure maybe

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

btw, i bought plain old centric premium rotors. better(metallurgy and process) than their standard, and have pretty good rep. they also use black powder coat on on centers which is nice touch (wonder how long the look lasts?). was planning to use ceramic pads myself, prob Wagner thermo-quiet or Raybestos advanced technology, however am now seriously considering centrics stop tech's. put link below if u want 2 look

also, what really blew me away was when i saw their rebuilt calipers (i had to use a1 cardones 6 months ago in a pinch , and while work fine, bracket completely rusted. also link here below

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

oops... here are the links:

Centric Posi Quiet Loaded Caliper

BRAKE FRICTION - Centric Parts
Just PM me your number and I'll try as shoot you a call today.

I personally like Hawk pads and EBC Yellowstuff pads, but those may be a little too aggressive for a dd application. The Wagner Thermoquiets seem like they would be good pads.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT