2002 GT vs. 2008 Tundra SR5 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: 2002 GT vs. 2008 Tundra SR5

Actually on the top end is where you will have the bigger advantage. That and from a dead stop. But from like 20-60 its pretty crazy how quick they are, even the bigger ones. And his is 2wd so that saves weight vs 4wd
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Stang Rida
No way a 5.7 tundra loses to a gt under 350 unless a mid with no feet is driving the tundra...i love mustangs but i make these trucks for a living i know what they can do
I understand u take pride in what u do we all do but ur being a little delusional about it beating a stang stock for stock tundras are to heavy and not far enough away in power not to mencion there light in the back which requirs a lot more messing around to gain traction under hard launching esspiecally if youve modded them though i do belive it will be a good race in the top end i think the stang will still win because it also has better arrow dinamics so... Take it or leave it thats the facts bud.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
My car runs door to door with a 6.0 gto, there's no way a 381 hp truck will outrun me, and I dont have 350 hp
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Weight to power ratios
Tundra - Weight to power 19.1 lb/hp; 15.3 lb/hp
Mustang
Power to Weight Ratio 12.9lb/hp
Dkerk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkerk8
Weight to power ratios
Tundra - Weight to power 19.1 lb/hp; 15.3 lb/hp
Mustang
Power to Weight Ratio 12.9lb/hp
There you have it. Every HP a Tundra makes it has to pull 6 more lbs. All this paper racing is becoming moot, but these are the real numbers. An even bigger advantage goes to the Mustang for its bolt-ons and weight distribution.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504gt
My car runs door to door with a 6.0 gto, there's no way a 381 hp truck will outrun me, and I dont have 350 hp
Wat 6.0 gto are you racing??????? You must have your GT supercharged

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

To all of you that think a GT can run with a Tundra go on YouTube & search mustang vs tundra and you'll see that it a 04 Cobra barely beats a tundra with just long tube headers no way a GT could run...only GT I've seen win so far was a 2011 GT and it was only by a door length
504 Stang Rida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Simple bolt ons and a cam, no tune
504gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

To all of you that think a GT can run with a Tundra go on YouTube & search mustang vs tundra and you'll see that it a 04 Cobra barely beats a tundra with just long tube headers no way a GT could run...only GT I've seen win so far was a 2011 GT and it was only by a door length
Give us some numbers, give us some logic. Your bias isn't swaying the argument. They even said in that testing video the Tundra ran what, a mid 15? You won't catch a Mustang with even a decent driver hitting anywere in 15.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

Give us some numbers, give us some logic. Your bias isn't swaying the argument. They even said in that testing video the Tundra ran what, a mid 15? You won't catch a Mustang with even a decent driver hitting anywere in 15.
Wat video did you watch? Must not have been the one if the cobra and tundra...the tundra beat the cobra from launch and barely lost at the end...and we all know a GT is not in the cobra's ball park in hp

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Proof: Watch This Video 04 Cobra Vs A 5.7 Tundra now you think a GT that's not making 350 hp can run a tundra? Cobra makes close to 400 hp with the terminator

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

More Proof:

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

And Even More Proof:
Old 02-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wat video did you watch? Must not have been the one if the cobra and tundra...the tundra beat the cobra from launch and barely lost at the end...and we all know a GT is not in the cobra's ball park in hp

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Proof: Watch This Video 04 Cobra Vs A 5.7 Tundra now you think a GT that's not making 350 hp can run a tundra? Cobra makes close to 400 hp with the terminator

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

More Proof:
Lol are you serious, if that's the case the tundra is heavily modded, or the cobra is a 6 cylinder clone of a cobra. There's no way, whatever video you watch wasn't telling the whole story of the tundra
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I'm A Ford Lover I Have A 2011 F-150 Crew Cab & A 03 GT But I'm Also A Realist & See These Trucks In Action Everyday...I Would Take A Stock 5.7 Tundra Over A GT Pushing Less Then 350 Anyday...To Much Power 230 To 380 Come On Now Don't Be Stupid...All A Tundra Has To Do Is Heat The Tires Then Bye Bye 99-04 GT...Weight Means Very Little When You Down Over 150 Horses Unless We Talkin About Racing A Bus & A GT

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01StangGt

Lol are you serious, if that's the case the tundra is heavily modded, or the cobra is a 6 cylinder clone of a cobra. There's no way, whatever video you watch wasn't telling the whole story of the tundra
Go test drive a new tundra and you will know who would really win in a race...Please go test drive it
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:

More Proof:

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

And Even More Proof:
In that last video the gt let off of it. And yeah the tundra in the first video had to have been heavily modded.
96gt014.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not going to entertain this crap. "its bad yo" is the same argument that Ricer kids make every day. I don't care about some stupid youtube video, for all I know that Tundra has a big *** turbo on it. If you're so caught up about these super race trucks that you think they can hang with a terminator in anything close to stock trim, you're off your rocker. A terminator makes as much power, weighs 2000lbs less, and has a suspension that isn't built for towing my boat. Instead of a valid argument of power to weight ratios, weight distribution, suspension set-ups, or ANYTHING that affects the outcome of a race other than "its got 381HP", I get youtube videos and more "Tundra be awesome" garbage.

Oh and the video I did watch was a few pages back on THIS thread.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

All I Say Is To All Of You Is Go Find Someone With A 5.7I Red Tag Tundra 07-11 & Race Him & Record It...You Can Race From A Roll Or Dig & After Post The Video On This Topic...Then The Truth Will Be Told Remember Races Aren't Won On Paper So All That Science B/S Don't Mean A Thing When You Looking At The Rear Bumper Of A Tundra
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Yo All That Science Is How Cars Work Capitizing Every Word And Using No Grammar Doesnt Change The Fact That Most Peoples Tundras Run High Or Mid 14s Full Bolt On Mustangs Run Quicker Than That.

Okay enough dummytalk. If you didn't read the thread you hijacked with your ricer argument bull, I said the Tundra would be a good race based just on the power it makes. The only reason i'm jumping on your *** is because of your lack of any kind of valid argument. Tundras are bad, but so are everything else. Camry v6s run low 14's stock now and make 300HP.. So do Accords. Kia is putting turbos on Optimas, and every v6 modern pony car makes 50HP more than our closing in on obsolete 2v mods. I'd race a Tundra right now, and probably win. Not because of power, because of traction and weight. Ever seen a 220 HP Honda with slicks run a mid 12? Weight and traction. A car you think sucks because it doesn't make power surprises you when it hooks and doesn't have to pull 3 tons of weight.

Oh and why don't you go trade your Mustang in on a Tundra.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
The dude who started this thread should just race the Tundra and settle it. But please, post the video.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel
The dude who started this thread should just race the Tundra and settle it. But please, post the video.
^^^^^ Fully Agree Like I Been Said Race The 5.7 Tundra & That Will Silence All The Talk & Please Post The Video
Old 02-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Stang Rida View Post

Tundra owners decription: "08 5.7 RCSB Tundra- Volant CAI, Magnaflow Dual exhaust
Mustang SVT Cobra- Not sure but he had slicks and sounded awesome as he passed by me. I beat him in the 1/8th but im sure he would have destroyed me in the full 1/4!"

Also, this thread is dead. Only way to know for sure is to vid it when you do it. It doesnt matter if the Tundra was HEAVILY Modded and pushing 1000 hp, if he doesnt know how to drive it, he will lose to a Prius, period!

BTW, Here is same Tundra vs 04 GT basic Mods
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
Yo All That Science Is How Cars Work Capitizing Every Word And Using No Grammar Doesnt Change The Fact That Most Peoples Tundras Run High Or Mid 14s Full Bolt On Mustangs Run Quicker Than That.

Okay enough dummytalk. If you didn't read the thread you hijacked with your ricer argument bull, I said the Tundra would be a good race based just on the power it makes. The only reason i'm jumping on your *** is because of your lack of any kind of valid argument. Tundras are bad, but so are everything else. Camry v6s run low 14's stock now and make 300HP.. So do Accords. Kia is putting turbos on Optimas, and every v6 modern pony car makes 50HP more than our closing in on obsolete 2v mods. I'd race a Tundra right now, and probably win. Not because of power, because of traction and weight. Ever seen a 220 HP Honda with slicks run a mid 12? Weight and traction. A car you think sucks because it doesn't make power surprises you when it hooks and doesn't have to pull 3 tons of weight.

Oh and why don't you go trade your Mustang in on a Tundra.
Find Someone Who Owns A 5.7 Tundra & Race Him A Record It...Simple As That...Talk Don't Mean A Thing...I've Raced A Couple & My GT Has K&N C.A.I, SCT 93 Tune, Full Boral Exhaust, & Trick Flow Heads & I Lost So Trust Me I Know What I'm Talking About...Just Race One & Record It...Proof Will Be In The Video
Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Just stop capitalizing every word. What the heck is up with that
Old 02-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel
Working on it!

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Sorry didn't mean for all of you to start arguing. It's ok guys the best one will win, truck or muscle car it defiantly will be interesting. If I loose it's gonna suck though lol!!!
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Find Someone Who Owns A 5.7 Tundra & Race Him A Record It...Simple As That...Talk Don't Mean A Thing...I've Raced A Couple & My GT Has K&N C.A.I, SCT 93 Tune, Full Boral Exhaust, & Trick Flow Heads & I Lost So Trust Me I Know What I'm Talking About...Just Race One & Record It...Proof Will Be In The Video
U must be a bad driver.

Though i admite they are fun to race because its closer then most average racers would like to line up to i my self have 1320ed a hand full of them in my mildlly modded 94 302gt auto and takin everyone by the end though the mid track gets a little iffy as they start to pull up on me once i hit 120kmph i start walking away again so meh... Ill make sure to post a vid of the next one i take out.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm A Ford Lover I Have A 2011 F-150 Crew Cab & A 03 GT But I'm Also A Realist & See These Trucks In Action Everyday...I Would Take A Stock 5.7 Tundra Over A GT Pushing Less Then 350 Anyday...To Much Power 230 To 380 Come On Now Don't Be Stupid...All A Tundra Has To Do Is Heat The Tires Then Bye Bye 99-04 GT...Weight Means Very Little When You Down Over 150 Horses Unless We Talkin About Racing A Bus & A GT

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Go test drive a new tundra and you will know who would really win in a race...Please go test drive it
Hp alone is only used to SELL cars to ignorant ppl that dont know any better u need to stop reallying on the hp diffrence alone for ur argument its only showing how little u actually know about racing in general. when u brake down the load each hp has to pull the tundras hp per 1 hp is pulling 6 more pounds on avreage multiply that over a couple hundred. Fact is the stangs hp per 1 hp has roughlly 6pounds less to hall around leaving that 6extra pounds force to be applied to acceleration and again thats multiplied by a few hundred. Simple physics man just cause its bigger and got more power does not mean its faster.

Should be a good race cant wait to watch it in fact i think ima call my buddy up and see if he wants to lose anouther 100 bucks racing his 08 tundra against my stang again.. It was close but i think i can get him again fact is they all were close but if u can drive (i know i can fairlly well) u shouldnt have a problem unless hes out modded u period.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
They are quick trucks for sure. Had trouble with them with my 96 gt. The mach 1 tho, not so much haha. They all try but by the time I'm in the power in second its all over.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Talked to my neighbor that has a 5.7 tundra and he runs 15.1 quarters. I haven't ran my car in the quarter but my friend has an '03 that runs 14.1s with some bolt ons. Looking forward to the video.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Does the tundra have a Trd supercharger on it, that's probably the videos you are watching on YouTube, without the supercharger you should win, I run 13.40s and 50s on a good day and I only have long tubes, gear and cai. The supercharged tundras I saw on YouTube were running 13flat and 13.20.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

100 lbs = .1 in the quarter.
Slvr01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Ok, first racing trucks is stupid, especially 4x4's. Just my opinion, roast if you like idc.
Second, as already stated SN95 GT's are already dated in terms of HP(I have a 95, 215hp stock) most newer cars surpass that number by a good margin. If you want to actually compare be reasonable about. Put a new GT against the new Tundra or an old GT against the old Tundra or T100, that's as close to apples v apples as this type of ridiculous comparison gets. I would like to say again racing trucks is LAME! It's like my saying your GT, or whatever else you want to name under 725RWHP should race my Honda 900RR, cause my lil one liter will SMOKE anything less then 700hp all the way till 185 on my speedo. Bad comparison guys. Do you see ANY mags talking about stuff like this, ever?
Old 02-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Oh just stop Deadspot. He's going to destroy you with his "just race da Tundra" super-retort.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

This thread is ridiculous who cares which will win. Both the gt and tundra are slow stock. So stop fighting like little kids and get along.
Jamesgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #64

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
This thread is ridiculous who cares which will win. Both the gt and tundra are slow stock. So stop fighting like little kids and get along.
+1k. We 5 pages deep about a GT vs Tundra ..... I'm starting a thread about a Dodge Caravan vs Porsche 911.
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesgt08
Right haha I read this whole thread, never seen so much bench racing in my life, just race em it will be a good run probably pretty close

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04

+1k. We 5 pages deep about a GT vs Tundra ..... I'm starting a thread about a Dodge Caravan vs Porsche 911.
Roflmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Right haha I read this whole thread, never seen so much bench racing in my life, just race em it will be a good run probably pretty close
BUT HE BUILDS TUNDRAS!!!! HE KNOWS HOW FAST THEY ARE!!!!

but seriously, I'm waiting for the video of this STOCK mustang vs this STOCK 08 SR5 tundra. According to multiple resources the op's mustang should out pull the tundra. Especially if he's running regular street tires on that tundra. Almost every mustang tire u have seen is better than truck tires. With the exception of a few trucks. It's gonna come down to a who can hook and book first.

I wonder if my 02 gt will get spanked by my 04 f150 that makes 300+hp??? Who cares about weight that makes no difference right?!?

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

This is funny, people are getting too serious on here its just a simple out of conversation challenge my car is faster than your car so now prove it kind of thing. So for the guy thinking this is just stupid and ridiculous.....well it is! Thats why we are doing this, because its stupid. Well we are going to do it today and record it. If my car doesn't hook it will loose, if it does i will win thats what it will come down too. My car hasn't been hooking at all the last few days so that will hurt me, but when it finally does hook holy crap. I love Mustangs!!!

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Talked to my neighbor that has a 5.7 tundra and he runs 15.1 quarters. I haven't ran my car in the quarter but my friend has an '03 that runs 14.1s with some bolt ons. Looking forward to the video.
Love that picture!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
This is funny, people are getting too serious on here its just a simple out of conversation challenge my car is faster than your car so now prove it kind of thing. So for the guy thinking this is just stupid and ridiculous.....well it is! Thats why we are doing this, because its stupid. Well we are going to do it today and record it. If my car doesn't hook it will loose, if it does i will win thats what it will come down too. My car hasn't been hooking at all the last few days so that will hurt me, but when it finally does hook holy crap. I love Mustangs!!!

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Love that picture!
Make sure you warm em up good!

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

Make sure you warm em up good!
Yea I will but they are street tires though.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I'm just going to close this one for now.

Power to weight distribution goes a long way imo...

To the OP, record a video at the track, then post it up in the pics/video section

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT